TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

The Rose Bowl Thread

This thread has outlived its usefulness. It's to the point its mostly Dama going crazy and others going "Yeah that was good..." while brownnosing.

You'll know crazy when you see it! *bounces out of the room like daffy duck*

Ok, I was just saying...

I know. You're right though, there isn't anything really left to be said.

Except that it looks like all signs are pointing towards Bush still going #1 and Leinart going #2. It'd be a monumentally stupid decision for Houston to take Young anyway when they have a decent QB in David Carr.

I believe it's the 15th. He already said he was going before the national title game though didn't he?

If the Texans do draft him though they'd better use every other pick on o-lineman. Bush is awesome and all but he isn't going anywhere without blocking.

Well...

Without having read the last 25 pages or so of the thread, I'll give my assessment.

It was truly an amazing game, and I'm compelled to say that even though my team came out on the losing end. Vince Young is an absolutely phenomenal player, and Texas earned that win. I posted on another board that I thought it was pointless to dissect officiating, coaches' calls, or individual player performances for the purpose of assigning blame. I personally agreed with the decision to go for it on fourth down, though not necessarily to run the play without Reggie Bush on the field. And did I tell you guys about Frostee Rucker and containment or what?

But, I made sure to wear some Trojan gear the day after as a symbolic gesture that I would support my team in the wins and losses, unlike the bandwagon fans. Hopefully, Texas can host the bandwagoners for a season. Despite the loss, I think we Trojans owe Pete Carroll, Matt Leinart, Reggie Bush, and the rest a great deal of gratitude for an incredible run (that hopefully isn't over). I'm pretty much trying to forget the pain of losing and look forward to next season.

My hat is off to Texas. The Longhorns did everything they needed to get the win. This year, they definitely deserved the national championship. Vince Young is an amazing athlete. Congrats to Texas.

Don't worry......if Vince Young heads pro then OU is lying in weight to beat up on the new Texas QB and knock the bandwagoners off of that too. No I think the next big bandwagon in college football will be with Notre Dame.

I wonder how many movie stars burned all of their Trojan gear that night? Or said "Well I always knew they'd lose!"

I have been hearing a lot of people say "well if USC didn't do this then Texas wouldn't have won so it's not a real victory b/c USC gave it to them" and it's just like you want to tell them that it's part of the game. That stuff happens and you can't say "coulda shoulda woulda". I tried to tell the OU fans that last year when they blamed our loss to USC on the fumbled punt by Mark Bradley. The game was already spiralling out of control at that point.

What did Will Ferrell have to say about it on Jay Leno? I figured he might turn into a bitch over the loss and having to sit next to Vince Young.

Ok, I was just saying...

I know. You're right though, there isn't anything really left to be said.

Except that it looks like all signs are pointing towards Bush still going #1 and Leinart going #2. It'd be a monumentally stupid decision for Houston to take Young anyway when they have a decent QB in David Carr.

It would be a monumentally stupid decision for the Texans to take Bush so that he can average 2.0 ypc next year behind that shitty O-line.

What they need to do is trade down, get a decent OT in the trade, and then take Lutui in the first round. That guy's a fucking HOSS.

Watching the game on ESPN classic right now, and that LenDale White stiff arm in the 3rd quarter was fucking nasty. Just shoved the guys face into the ground.

Man the ESPN message boards are crawling with people claiming that Texas didn't win the game and that USC lost the game. Then there are even more people claiming Ohio State is better than both Texas and USC.

Wow, the race for the national title is wide open now. This is the first time in a while that I remember there not being a clear cut #1. Let the Notre Dame jerkoff begin.

USC shouldn't be #1 especially if they lose their entire backfield. And Texas shouldn't be if VY isn't back. I wouldn't argue with LSU or Ohio State though.

Guest Princess Leena
The Longhorns are one and done. OU wins the Big XII next season.

No. Go Baylor.

With Young leaving, Ohio State should be able to win in Austin next year. If they do, they have a great shot at going undefeated even with the defense being quite young since their offense can outscore most teams and outside of the Iowa game, the tough games are in Columbus. OSU/PSU is going to be a great shootout next year.

LSU has a ton of talent for next year, but they have to go to Florida and Auburn.

Edited by therealworldschampion

Well I think Ohio State will always have a good defense even if it's young. They're just one of those teams that you can always count on to have a monster defense.

Are you so sure of that?

I wonder where OU ranks going into next season?

This guy on the radio just said he wanted to see USC go down b/c they were so arrogant and they overlooked Texas and then the host of the show said that the most arrogant football team in the country resides in Norman, Oklahoma. I don't know about that one........maybe the most arrogant coach.

As far as Notre Dame, it's a no brainer that they'll be #1.

Oklahoma's gonna be ranked 11-14.

I disagree. I think Ohio State's going to be the consensus #1 coming off the Fiesta Bowl with most of their talent intact. Notre Dame should be a solid #2 though.

If I were to guess, I'd say the rest of the Top Ten goes something like:

3. USC

4. LSU

5. Texas

6. West Virginia

7. Florida

8. Florida State

9. Oklahoma

10. Michigan

The Longhorns are one and done. OU wins the Big XII next season.

No. Go Baylor.

I wonder what would cause a bigger cataclysm than Baylor and Rutgers in the National Championship Game?

Guest Princess Leena

A Baylor-OU Championship Game. I'm waiting for the year where the Top 2 teams are from the same conference. It's gonna happen eventually. We need something so ridiculous that the BCS can never live again.