TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

The Rose Bowl Thread

Young will come out for the draft and NO will buy into the throwing motion crap and you know what that means.

Mr. Young is coming to NashVegas to be with his mentor mr. McNair.

Book it.

Rose Bowl purist at all angry saying that Vince Young and Texas own the Rose Bowl? I mean I figured people that want Pac 10/Big Ten would be angry about them saying that about a Big XII team. The Big XII is now 3-1 in Rose Bowls though.

Young will come out for the draft and NO will buy into the throwing motion crap and you know what that means.

Mr. Young is coming to NashVegas to be with his mentor mr. McNair.

Book it.

With Norm Chow at OC, that wouldn't be a good idea. Unless he adopted the shotgun formation, which I've never seen any of his offenses run.

Final Coaches Poll is out:

1. Texas (62) 13-0 1,550

2. USC 12-1 1,483

3. Penn State 11-1 1,421

4. Ohio State 10-2 1,357

5. LSU 11-2 1,281

6. West Virginia 11-1 1,235

7. Virginia Tech 11-2 1,176

8. Alabama 10-2 1,066

9. TCU 11-1 914

10. Georgia 10-3 900

11. Notre Dame 9-3 866

12. Oregon 10-2 837

13. UCLA 10-2 774

14. Auburn 9-3 760

15. Wisconsin 10-3 739

16. Florida 9-3 718

17. Boston College 9-3 584

18. Miami 9-3 558

19. Texas Tech 9-3 422

20. Louisville 9-3 342

21. Clemson 8-4 310

22. Oklahoma 8-4 274

23. Florida State 8-5 209

24. Nebraska 8-4 109

25. California 8-4 68

Rose Bowl purist at all angry saying that Vince Young and Texas own the Rose Bowl? I mean I figured people that want Pac 10/Big Ten would be angry about them saying that about a Big XII team. The Big XII is now 3-1 in Rose Bowls though.

I'm afraid that eight years of the BCS system (believe it or not, it has been that long) has killed any notions of purity in the bowl system as we inch further and further towards making D-1A college football into the NFL as much as we can, since WE'VE GOTTA HAVE A PLAYOFF!!111

OU finishes ranked! Thank god! Vegas odds for some reason have OU picked as a Top 10 team next year. Maybe a Top 15 or 20 team but Top 10? A little extreme.

Damn, five SEC teams ranked! And none of those five lower than 16th. Says a lot about the unevenness of the conference this year. It's good to see Alabama finish in the top 10, that was my feel good story of the year, moreso than Penn State.

Damn, five SEC teams ranked! And none of those five lower than 16th. Says a lot about the unevenness of the conference this year. It's good to see Alabama finish in the top 10, that was my feel good story of the year, moreso than Penn State.

*ESPN earlier this season mode* What are you talking about? The SEC is down this year! Nobody can score!

They were right. Many of the SEC games this year were ugly in today's highlight-intensive climate. The '78 Alabama team won games 6-3, but went undefeated. I don't care how much teams score, s'long as they win.

Guest Vitamin X
Of course, I'm probably going to be accepted into FSU in a couple years

Not a very good school and there are more attractive women at other southern universities. Unless you're getting in on Bright Futures or Florida pre-paid (which, since you're in Miami, is very possible), aim higher. For free, that or UF are great.

Actually, I'm trying to get accepted into their film school, which is top ten in the country, probably the best in this state. I've only lived out here for about a year, and am working on my bachelor's at the moment, so no Bright Futures here. Don't even know anything about Florida pre-paid, though it sounds interesting.

West Virginia = no respect

That's exactly how I would have the top 6. 11-1 is great, as was the win over Georgia, but I can't comfortably put them above an Ohio State team whose losses are to #1 and #3 with wins over the rest of the Big Ten and Notre Dame, or an LSU team that beat Alabama, Auburn, Florida, and Miami--4 top 20 teams. LSU and Ohio State survived tougher competition all year, and the fact that Louisville turned out to be good but not great leaves WVU without many big wins. Game of inches at the top.

Not a very good school and there are more attractive women at other southern universities. Unless you're getting in on Bright Futures or Florida pre-paid (which, since you're in Miami, is very possible), aim higher. For free, that or UF are great.

Actually, I'm trying to get accepted into their film school, which is top ten in the country, probably the best in this state. I've only lived out here for about a year, and am working on my bachelor's at the moment, so no Bright Futures here. Don't even know anything about Florida pre-paid, though it sounds interesting.

Same with me and their law school, which has really shot up in the rankings in the past couple of years. The undergrad is known not to be too great, but the grad and professional programs are quite decent.

Edited by therealworldschampion

You know, I almost included "unless you're going into film or theater" in my original post. That's a much different story, and I've had several friends go through FSU's film school and come out of it very happy.

I already miss college football, guys. The NFL playoffs are only about half as good, and they'll only last for another month. Ho hum.

Is anyone REALLY surprised at an SC player being a complete dick? As a Bruins fan, it doesn't. Thus the main reason why I could never like USC football. The common "University of Spoiled Children" nickname really does apply for the good majority of people that I know of, that went there.

Of course, I'm probably going to be accepted into FSU in a couple years, so maybe I should just start hopping on the Bowden bandwagon soon. UCLA won't have much better seasons than this with the seniors that are leaving, especially Olsen and Lewis. But I've gone a bit off-topic; this is about Texas, not about UCLA.

I personally think Texas stays in the top 5 next year, with USC maybe staying at least ranked, but not top 5. There are a lot of people leaving that team, and the rest of the Pac-10 is only getting better, especially teams like Oregon, Arizona State, and UCLA (if they can get past the losses on offense). Texas will have tougher competition next year in their conference as well, but if Vince Young stays, that'll make the difference. I think some of the teams from up north, like Michigan (where I feel Chad Henne could become the next Leinart if Michigan's offense gets any better) could challenge the top 5, and then of course there's Notre Dame and Ohio State who'll be up there as well..

Why do people keep keep acting like USC is some thuggish, arrogant school with a bunch of cocky athletes? You act like they are the Miami Hurricanes or something. I can't ever recall a USC player talking trash about an opponent or disrespecting an opponent or their fans by flipping them off or doing ridiculous TD dances.

They get a really bad rep for no reason. Yes, Leinart acted bitchy tonight, but he just lost the biggest game of his career and immedietly got 100 cameras shoved in his face. It's hard to say how you should react to that. He's a very humble guy, he was just pissed. I can understand that.

Is anyone REALLY surprised at an SC player being a complete dick? As a Bruins fan, it doesn't. Thus the main reason why I could never like USC football. The common "University of Spoiled Children" nickname really does apply for the good majority of people that I know of, that went there.

Of course, I'm probably going to be accepted into FSU in a couple years, so maybe I should just start hopping on the Bowden bandwagon soon. UCLA won't have much better seasons than this with the seniors that are leaving, especially Olsen and Lewis. But I've gone a bit off-topic; this is about Texas, not about UCLA.

I personally think Texas stays in the top 5 next year, with USC maybe staying at least ranked, but not top 5. There are a lot of people leaving that team, and the rest of the Pac-10 is only getting better, especially teams like Oregon, Arizona State, and UCLA (if they can get past the losses on offense). Texas will have tougher competition next year in their conference as well, but if Vince Young stays, that'll make the difference. I think some of the teams from up north, like Michigan (where I feel Chad Henne could become the next Leinart if Michigan's offense gets any better) could challenge the top 5, and then of course there's Notre Dame and Ohio State who'll be up there as well..

Why do people keep keep acting like USC is some thuggish, arrogant school with a bunch of cocky athletes? You act like they are the Miami Hurricanes or something. I can't ever recall a USC player talking trash about an opponent or disrespecting an opponent or their fans by flipping them off or doing ridiculous TD dances.

They get a really bad rep for no reason. Yes, Leinart acted bitchy tonight, but he just lost the biggest game of his career and immedietly got 100 cameras shoved in his face. It's hard to say how you should react to that. He's a very humble guy, he was just pissed. I can understand that.

It's the reputation of the student body as a whole passing down onto the football team.

Yes, Leinart acted bitchy tonight, but he just lost the biggest game of his career and immedietly got 100 cameras shoved in his face. It's hard to say how you should react to that. He's a very humble guy, he was just pissed. I can understand that.

Hell no! INEXCUSABLE. Nobody can ever get mad about losing a game lest they be Ryan Leaf. He shouldn't have said anything positive about his own team. He should've committed ritual suicide out of complete and utter shame for not being The God Among Men Vince Young. But before he killed himself to save face he shoulda whipped out Young's dick and gone to work. Worship Vince Young at the church of your choice. God forbid he wears an expensive suit on TV or this board is going to be a lake of semen.

Guest Vitamin X
It's the reputation of the student body as a whole passing down onto the football team.

Which, as some people seem to forget, are also part of aforementioned student body.

Edited by Vitamin X

"So, Matt, how does it feel to come back for your senior year, only to lose the national championship?"

Fuck, Leinart should've piefaced that female reporter right then and there. He would've been the biggest heel on planet Earth, and I would've loved it.

Final AP poll

1. Texas (65) 13-0 1625 2

2. USC 12-1 1560 1

3. Penn State 11-1 1484 3

4. Ohio State 10-2 1428 4

5. West Virginia 11-1 1325 11

6. LSU 11-2 1314 10

7. Virginia Tech 11-2 1197 12

8. Alabama 10-2 1081 13

9. Notre Dame 9-3 1019 5

10. Georgia 10-3 994 8

11. TCU 11-1 937 14

12. Florida 9-3 817 16

12. Oregon 10-2 817 6

14. Auburn 9-3 799 7

15. Wisconsin 10-3 786 21

16. UCLA 10-2 778 17

17. Miami 9-3 589 9

18. Boston College 9-3 545 19

19. Louisville 9-3 410 15

20. Texas Tech 9-3 359 18

21. Clemson 8-4 339 23

22. Oklahoma 8-4 329 NR

23. Florida State 8-5 232 22

24. Nebraska 8-4 128 NR

25. California 8-4 45 NR

I picked USC but I was deep down wanting Texas to win so all those guys at ESPN could eat crow...

What am I thinking, now they got another superstar who's sack they can cling to.

I woke up this morning and it wasn't a bad dream.

Well then...

So now that Ma... Mack Br...

So now that that Texas coach finally has his national championship, combined with Roy Williams winning the F4 last year, who takes the mantle of the most notable choker among college coaches?

There's really not much else to add here. A great college football season ends with one of the greatest games of all-time. It actually exceeded the hype if that's possible.

Now we just start the countdown to 2006. :)

Nebraska is ranked! I figured Oklahoma would get in for sure, but Nebraska was a long shot.

I woke up this morning and it wasn't a bad dream.

Well then...

So now that Ma... Mack Br...

So now that that Texas coach finally has his national championship, combined with Roy Williams winning the F4 last year, who takes the mantle of the most notable choker among college coaches?

Goon Boy i.e. John Chaney. He has 4 National Championship Calibur Teams at Temple. Not one of them has gone past the Elite 8.