TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Niggardly King

Smackdown Spoilers

SMACKDOWN SPOILERS FROM COLUMBIA, SOUTH CAROLINA - EARLY TAPING DUE TO AFGHANISTAN TOUR

by Kenny Graddick @ 11:00:00 AM on 12/5/2005

Dark Matches/Velocity:

1. Ryan O'Riley pinned Aaron Averez.

2. The Dicks pinned Scotty 2 Hotty.

3. Paul London and Brian Kendrick pinned Vito and Nuzio, great match!

4. Simon Dean pinned a "jobber".

5. Matt Hardy pinned Sylvan.

Smackdown!:

Smackdown opened up with JBL and Jillian Hall in the ring. JBL was talking about his eye "injury" from last week, then Rey came down to the ring for a match.

1. Rey vs. JBL went to a DQ when Orlando Jordan interfered in the match. Batista ran down to help Rey. This led to Teddy Long making it a Tag-Team match for the main event for tonight.

They showed a clip of Randy Orton backstage with his dad, telling him he was going to call out The Undertaker tonight.

Randy enters the ring and starts talking, then old vignettes start showing of Undertaker beating other wrestlers from his Hell in a Cell matches. Then we heard Undertaker's voice reading quotes that were shown on the Titantron.

2. Joey Mercury, With Nitro and Melina, vs. Super Crazy, with Juvi and Psicosis. Super Crazy wins with a moonsault. After the match, Kid Kash ran in and beat up Juvi while MNM beat up the Mexicools.

Next was a backstage segment with new Smackdown interviewer Kristal, from the 2005 Diva Search. She interviewed Booker T. and Sharmell.

Backstage segment with Randy Orton washing his face. Then looks in the mirror and sees the Undertaker, but turns around but sees no one.

Boogeyman vs. "Jobber". Boogeyman wins with pump handle slam. He is still eating worms too!

Backstage segment with Randy Orton again. This time he is talking to his dad, then turns around and his dad then has blood all over his face. Then he looks again then the blood was gone. Very funny segment.

3. Booker T. vs. Chris Benoit. Booker T wins with a chair to the back then his scissors kick. Booker T leads the series 3-0

They did another backstage segment, with Orton and his dad leaving the arena. They approached their car but couldn't open the door. The car then drove away by itself. Then when they turned around, Josh Matthews asked them a question. Then Josh quivered and everything he was saying was done in a Undertaker voiceover. Very funny segment.

4. Bobby Lashley vs. William Regal. Lashley wins with the Dominator.

5. JBL and Orlando, with Jillian Hall, vs. Rey Mysterio and Batista. Rey and Batista won with a Batista Bomb in a real good match. JBL faked a leg injury this time and left Orlando Jordan in the ring by himself towards the end of the match.

I believe that was everything. The arena was at least 97% full. First time Smackdown came back to Columbia, SC since November 2002, when Stephanie was General Manager!

Also I saw Jeff Hardy after the show. He was walking around the arena with the fans. He looked very weird, he had some kind of gadget hooked on his back and arms making him walk real funny. We thought he was injured, but when posed for pictures with the fans he took it off and was moving along just fine doing weird poses. Then he put the gadget back on and walked to the parking lot. Also, someone who was with him was videotaping the whole thing.

Guest Zarock

Those RKO segments remind me exactly of something that happened on WCW. Luckily, the remake sounds just as good as the original.

As for the other stuff...

Velocity:

Only going to watch for the London/Brian "Hey, I look just like that guy!" Kendrick vs. Nunzio/Vito

SD!:

*Mercury/Super Crazy sounds fun

*Booker/Benoit is really a throwaway since everybody can pretty much tell that's it going to be 3-3 until the final match

*Two lame squashes? AWESOME.

*How the hell can a match be real good when there's only one good worker out of four? I'm definetly going to have to check this out.

Also I saw Jeff Hardy after the show. He was walking around the arena with the fans. He looked very weird, he had some kind of gadget hooked on his back and arms making him walk real funny. We thought he was injured, but when posed for pictures with the fans he took it off and was moving along just fine doing weird poses. Then he put the gadget back on and walked to the parking lot. Also, someone who was with him was videotaping the whole thing.

Speaking of that, I'm not sure what's up with the whole "back gadget" thing you're talking about, but when I saw Jeff Hardy at the 'Tribute to Starrcade" show in Spartanburg, SC back on 11/19, he had someone following him around videotaping . . . must be workin' on some sort of documentary or something.

Backstage segment with Randy Orton washing his face. Then looks in the mirror and sees the Undertaker, but turns around but sees no one.

Nice to see WWE recycling stuff from the Hogan / Warrior II build-up. :P

This series of Orton/Taker segments sounds like the absolute worst thing ever. When you're calling back to HOGAN VS. WARRIOR 2 it's time to pack it in and head home.

I'm looking at you, Undertaker.

SMACKDOWN SPOILERS FROM COLUMBIA, SOUTH CAROLINA - EARLY TAPING DUE TO AFGHANISTAN TOUR

by Kenny Graddick @ 11:00:00 AM on 12/5/2005

2. Joey Mercury, With Nitro and Melina, vs. Super Crazy, with Juvi and Psicosis. Super Crazy wins with a moonsault. After the match, Kid Kash ran in and beat up Juvi while MNM beat up the Mexicools.

I hope this leads to a Juvi/Kid Kash feud or at least match at the PPV.

This series of Orton/Taker segments sounds like the absolute worst thing ever. When you're calling back to HOGAN VS. WARRIOR 2 it's time to pack it in and head home.

I'm looking at you, Undertaker.

Hey now, be nice. Orton can leave too.

Those Orton/Taker segments are a WrestleCrap inductee waiting to happen as well as another episode in which to hide away and watch in hopes non fans don't catch me watching.

Someone should compile moments like the Orton/Taker bits from SD and make a "Why I'm embarassed to watch" music video as a contrast to the kick ass "Why I watch" music videos made by Maynard awhile ago.

I suppose we're suppose to be able to see Randy's hallucinations the same way we were able to see Kane's memories on Raw a couple of years ago.

I suppose we're suppose to be able to see Randy's hallucinations the same way we were able to see Kane's memories on Raw a couple of years ago.

I'm very glad I dont' remember this at all.

It was right before he demasked (like the same night or the week before or soemthing).

They even did the twirly flashback effect they use on soap operas and sitcom clip shows.

It was right before he demasked (like the same night or the week before or soemthing).

They even did the twirly flashback effect they use on soap operas and sitcom clip shows.

I'm also drawing a massive blank about this.

Guest Manus

The Orton/Taker segments sound cheesy. I hate that kind of far fetched sci-fi crap in wrestling. The Hell in a Cell could be good though.

Juvi/Kash doesn't excite me.....nor do I get how Kid Kash would deserve a CW title shot (unless he's been winning on Velocity, but I wouldn't know).

I'm also drawing a massive blank about this.

Consider yourself lucky. They'd show Kane looking at himself in the mirror, then they'd do the cheesy flashback effect", and cut to some career highlight clip.

Guest Fook_Theta
The Hell in a Cell could be good though.

Orton bleeds a lot. Taker might bleed a bit. Orton takes a couple of interesting spots. Goes about 10-15 minutes. Same old shit you've seen before for the most part, and without caring about this feud it will only be interesting for a few spots.

Then again maybe Taker will bleed buckets, now that would be interesting. Taker tapping out from lack of blood loss. Can you tap out in a Hell in a Cell?