TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Steve J. Rogers

Worse SNL parodies

Milk challenge was the best Kenny Rogers skit ever. But I don't exactly know how Will Sasso came up with the Kenny Rogers character. When did Kenny Rogers get busted for being a drunk?

Comparing Mad TV and Who's Line is like watching the Special Olympics.

MadTV= The worst comedy show on TV today. Yes, the worst. Every time I see it on TV, I wish Michael Mcdonald would die a horrible death.

As long as Nicole Sullivan gets the slow painful death, McDonald can get the horrible death.

And that worked shoot Bret Hart skit sure holds up well, huh?

Mad TV may not be earth-shatteringly hilarious, but at least it's consistently amusing. If I watch it for a half hour, I'll enjoy the show, and there will be at least 2 or 3 skits that are really funny. I don't think I've laughed at anything on SNL in 2 years now. Ever since Will Ferrell left, the show's been a big pile of shit.

Jimmy Fallon is the worst "comedian" ever. It doesn't matter if the skit's well-written or not, it doesn't matter if he gets good lines; he'll find a way to butcher everything with his terrible delivery. It always seems like he's trying to act like Chris Kattan, but he can't pull it off because he has no talent whatsoever. He kind of reminds me of Jay Leno in that everyone knows that there are about 1,000,000 people that could do his job better, but for some reason, no one will replace him.

No. I agree on most everything you've said about SNL. Maybe it's just because I've never made it to the third skit of the night, and all the good ones are backloaded, but MadTV is just painful, and embarassingly unfunny. It seriously hurts to watch. All the performers are terrible, and are trying sooo hard. The show is like watching a comic bomb, except for with a studio audience who somehow thinks it's funny.

In Living Color, Kids in the Hall, Upright Citizen's Brigade, Mr. Show, The Vacant Lot, Stella, The State, The Ben Stiller Show, all were far funnier than MadTV, yet it still keeps going. I think it must be extremely cheap to produce, honestly.

Michael McDonald is one of the funniest people on the planet and the fact that he's on MadTV is nothing short of a tragedy. It's a collection of good-mediocre talent with horrible writing and the occasional gem like Stuart.

How anyone can find MAD TV funny is beyond me. For all the SNL hate that has sprung up in the last 10-12 years, MAD TV is 100X worse. The writing is absolutely awful. There are some talented comedians but they never get anything to work with. The one thing I will say is that they treat their female cast members like stars and have even built the show around them (Sullivan, Collins, and Weir mainly), something that SNL really hasn't done consistently I'm not saying that is a positive or a negative, just an observation.

I only can laugh at some MadTV parts, but it's nothing I'd praise to the level's about. SNL, I still watch on E! for some of the good moments.

Favorite Sketches:

Iraqi Pete (alway's laughed)

Word Association Game

Celebrity Jeopardy

Weekend Update anchors (Chase, Nealon, Norm)

Matt Foley

Frank Sinatra

Charleton Heston narration of the book Sex

Besides that, I did laugh at some, and cried at Hartman and Farley's farwell moment when I see it.

I can't believe that some people here are actually defending MadTV. That out of the way, thanks for keeping the hate alive for me Special K.

Also, Michael McDonald was Ghandhi on "Clone High"? That makes him at least better than Will Sasso. He still deserves to be tortured and killed though.