TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Steve J. Rogers

Worse SNL parodies

I named it one of my most memorable moments.

I don't like the skit personally, but I can't deny that Parnell getting stabbed 37 times with a trident wasn't a memorable moment.

Fred Armisen is the one who has done the Tony Danza impression. I know he did it in the Luke Wilson show, but can't seem to remember the other time.

Yeah that's the one. Goddamn that's funny. If you could wrack your encyclopedic knowledge of SNL to find the others, It'd be mighty white of you.

Oh, wait, silly me! I forgot to lash out at you for no reason. You Lohan-stalking-Santorum-guzzling-fucked-my-dog-flat-billed-motherfucking-tampon-eatting-shit-gargling-Sharon-Osbourne-banging-cocksucker.

Hey guys! You were right! It IS Cathartic!

Edited by Special K

Comparing Mad TV and Who's Line is like watching the Special Olympics.

MadTV= The worst comedy show on TV today. Yes, the worst. Every time I see it on TV, I wish Michael Mcdonald would die a horrible death.

I feel almost the same way, but Will Sasso is one redeeming quality of the show.

MadTV is embarassing to watch. They're trying SO FUCKING HARD, yet there's not a laugh to be had. I've gone to a local improv show a couple of times, it was really fun. Any sketch at my corny Seattle improv is funnier than a MadTV sketch

I've watched dozens of MadTV skits and I've chuckled maybe two or three times. Maybe.

I remember reading a quote in Entertainment Weekly, someone was saying Michael McDonald was the funniest man in television because "He never lost it and started cracking up onstage" and I thought to myself "Cause nothing he's ever in is funny!".

The two MadTV castmembers I've ever liked are Will Sasso and Frank Caliendo ( I like really good impressionists, what can I say?), the rest can stay toiling in obscurity for all I care.

Guest cosbywasmurdered

MadTV= The worst comedy show on TV today. Yes, the worst. Every time I see it on TV, I wish Michael Mcdonald would die a horrible death.

I feel almost the same way, but Will Sasso is one redeeming quality of the show.

I went to the same High School as he had went to for awhile. The pictures of him from when he was younger are the only amusing thing about him as far as I'm concerned.

I went to the same High School as he had went to for awhile. The pictures of him from when he was younger are the only amusing thing about him as far as I'm concerned.

Will Sasso is horrible. His Kenny Rogers bits were a pain to watch, as was anything he did on the show. Plus, he was a poor man's Chris Farley.

I've seen Frank Caliendo's stand up. He's actually pretty funny, and problably the closest the show has to having a cast member that's funny now or days.

Finally, the Stuart sketches are the worst atrocity ever committed to sketch comedy. Michael Mcdonald and the writers of that show deserve to have the worse things imaginable happen to them for those skits.

Any sketch at my corny Seattle improv is funnier than a MadTV sketch

Having testicular cancer is funnier than MadTV

When Dennis Miller joined the Monday Night Football crew, SNL HAD to do a bit.

If that's the one with some chick playing Melissa Stark always saying "I'm a woman and you don't care what I have to say," then I must admit that was one of the better SNL skits I've seen in recent memory. And you'll find no bigger SNL hater than me.

Oh and regarding MadTV -- the only thing I ever laughed at was some skit about this Asian guy who everybody was assuming he fit his race's stereotypes...

Edited by kkktookmybabyaway

Dennis Miller: Hey, Al, I saw the Madigan Men pilot. It's got fewer laughs than Molly Blum's internal monologue at the end of Jimmy Joyce's "Ulysses."

Okay, that's funny.

I chuckled at a Baywatch skit on MadTV simply for the line "You, quit throwing rocks at him!", and a skit that parodied Blacksploitation films, but that was about it. Especially when you realize that the joke to the Blacksploitation spoof skits is the same over and over, and unlike some SNL skits and characters, the joke gets old quick.

That reminds me: while SNL has had some bad characters (especially almost everything Horatio Sanz, Cheri O' Teri and Molly Shannon did), MadTV has never had one memorable or funny character. All of the characters on MadTV are like that kid in Highschool who though he was the funniest thing put on God's green Earth, but everyone hates the kid because they know he's not funny, he's just annoying. Sometimes after school, you and your buddies would beat the shit out of that kid for being annoying. Anyways, while MadTV may take pot shots at SNL every now and then, it will always suck, and will always be a low rent knock off of SNL. Even the worst SNL episode is better than anything MadTV has put out. A good example of this is the Family Guy episode that made fun of Jimmy Fallon (which is deserved) and SNL not being funny. I remembered that Alex Borstein is/was a cast member for MadTV, and is now on Family Guy. Basically, I just kept thinking "Lady, you were on MadTV. Therefore, your jokes about SNL not being funny are useless, because you and Ms. Swan on that show were never funny."

Also, why is it still on the air? I don't know anybody who watches it or thinks it's funny, yet it's been on the air forever. Meanwhile, Arrested Developement is being cancelled, and this show still goes on. At least this is the last season of Will and Grace, which seems to realize it's time to stop (thus making it the second worse comedy show on TV right now). MadTV though, won't stop.

I think I've flogged the Dead Horse about why I hate MadTV.

Here's a sign of MadTV's suckiness. Despite the fact it's been on for something like 11 seasons, none of the long running cast members have really had any sort of post MadTV success. Will Sasso is on Less Than Perfect or some ABC shitcom and Alex Bornstein's had a few supporting parts in flop movies and is Lois on Family Guy, but other than that nobody has done anything after MadTV.

The most successful former MadTV castmember was Orlando Jones (who was only on for a season) who starred in a string of shitty movies for like two years and now has all of a sudden disappeared.

What has Artie Lange done other than Dirty Work with Norm McDonald and the Howard Stern Show?

He was on the show "Norm". That show was cancelled, which is a shame, because I thought it was funny. Also, he's been doing stand up forever.

Will Sasso was in "Drop Dead Gorgeous". I actually like that movie (very underrated IMO), but I hated his character, who was just annoying, just like everything he's ever done.

Also, Orlando Jones and David Herman where in "Office Space", and everybody loves that movie.

Yeah I remembered Artie Lange after I made that post.

I wouldn't say he's had a more successful post MadTV career than Orlando Jones. I mean for a while, people thought Orlando Jones could star in a movie and host a successful talk show (Does anybody besides me remember his extremely short lived talk show on FX like two years ago).

Anyways, back on topic (sort of) I hated Molly Shannon and Cheri O Teri. I remember so many people back in High School quoting characters of those two. I always hated them (especially Shannon), and thought they were atrotious.

Also, wasn't there a skit where the cheerleaders characters were killed, because I would love to see that, or at least Cheri O Teri gerring offed.

parodied Blacksploitation films

The Simpsons did this best, and in 5 seconds.

"You've been watching 'Blacula' and 'Blackenstein' (real movies). Next, the Blunch Black of Blotre Blame!"

parodied Blacksploitation films

The Simpsons did this best, and in 5 seconds.

"You've been watching 'Blacula' and 'Blackenstein' (real movies). Next, the Blunch Black of Blotre Blame!"

Actually I'd say Pootie Tang and I'm Gonna Git You Sucka are the best blacksploitation spoofs.

Referring back to the MadTV thing, for some reason, I find MadTV WAY BETTER than SNL. I haven't enjoyed an SNL show in YEARS, while everytime I watch MadTV, I love it!

The only MADtv alums I really like are Phil LaMarr and Nicole Sullivan, mostly because they're good voice actors. Everyone else I don't really care for, though Mo Collins was alright on Arrested Development.

EDIT: It should be noted that Michael McDonald has, in fact, done ONE good thing in his entire career; he voiced Gandhi on Clone High.

Edited by Gosunkugi

I think it was MadTV that did Kenny Rogers: Jackass that featured them throwing bats at each other's heads. That was pretty damn funny.