TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cabbageboy

NFL Week XV

I wouldn't say they flew under the radar with the last two Super Bowls.

So I forgot there were even games on today. Oh well, not like I missed a barnburner of a game and I had New England winning anyway.

Carlos Emmons is now also out for the Giants, meaning Greisen is moved to the outside LB position, and undrafted LB Chase Blackburn is moved to Middle LB. We are fucked. I wouldn't be suprised if LJ goes over 200 yards rushing.

Edited by mike546

I thought you can't catch a pass unless your number starts with 8.

Guys can declare they are eligible to the referee and he will announce it over the PA. You don't usually hear it on TV, but you do when you are actually at the game. I believe any player that lines up to the outside of the tackles or in the backfield can be eligible. The fact that the Pats always get away with it is because, even though they seem to try this every week for three years, teams (or more specific, the coaching staff) still think they are in to block and not catch because it is so unusual to see.

Tampa's D played relatively ok, but this Pats front seven is just murdering people right now. Colvin is finally earning his paycheck.

I have a prediction. KC/NYG is going to be a great fucking game.

EDIT: "Well the big ol' Cowboy, couldn't take the... Manning-boy down!"

Edited by Special K

The Pats are really sending a message now. Just putting a ridiculous beatdown on a pretty good Bucs team might get them noticed, although I'm sure they wouldn't mind flying under the radar until the SB again, just like all the times they won it.

"Yeah, fine, go ahead, national media, underestimate us, we'll show you! No respect, huh? This is just the way we like it!"

"Sportscenter just ran a segment on Tom Brady's hairstylist."

"...and three on Peyton Manning's, I bet! GO AHEAD DON'T GIVE US ANY CREDIT"

I can't even count how many times I've seen somebody on ESPN this week say the Pats are "back", and how there flying under the radar, and how their a dangerous team.

This really, really worries me. I'm telling you guys, NE beats the Colts in the playoffs this year = me never watching the NFL again. Ever. But let's get real here. The Pats have beat down the Jets, the Bills, and now Tampa (a team that always sucks in cold weather...and has Chris Simms). If they beat Jacksonville 28-0 in the first round, then I'll cradle up in a corner with a blanket and pacifier.

That better be a fumble, it was coming out befor his knee hit the ground.

Edit: What the fuck is wrong with Eli and accuracy? Unreal how bad it's been.

Edited by mike546

Agreed, niskie. The guy gets no props. He's hooking up the Giants like crazy, he breaks tackles, runs like mad every play, and doesn't get no respect. Is it because he's a nice guy? He plays in NY for god's sake.

As a biased NE fan, I'm curious; How serious are non-Patriots fans taking them? Do they scare you if you're a fan of an AFC playoff bound team?

They worry me. If Jacksonville got in, I wouldn't want to face them.

And because Eli plays for the Giants and his last name is Manning, you watch, the sports world will find some angle to make this game a platform for why Eli Manning is an up and coming star, rather then give Tiki Barber the full and due credit for carrying the Giants on HIS BACK the entire season. :throwup:

And because Eli plays for the Giants and his last name is Manning, you watch, the sports world will find some angle to make this game a platform for why Eli Manning is an up and coming star, rather then give Tiki Barber the full and due credit for carrying the Giants on HIS BACK the entire season. :throwup:

you have obviously never listened to Chris Russo. Manning hater # 1 on the biggest radio show in NYC.

No, I am talking about National Media, which for the most part plays a bigger part in molding and shaping people's opinions on athletes.

Russo is on all over the country on the YES Network. He kills Manning every week. The guys on ESPN, FOX, CBS really don't kill anybody These are the "analysts" that say Kyle Boller still has "potential"

I really don't see all the Eli love.