TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Amy Ace

WWE Tryouts

Too bad I'm not in Buffalo.

I could have crushed Amy's dreams, since I am a knockout that WWE would want.

Imagine if Leena got a contract. You people think she has an ego NOW....

There is a disappointing lack of pics on Amy's website. However, 130 lbs isn't bad for 5'8", unless she's lying.

Random guy- no I don't have any weight probelms. Being a wrestler I've learned how to cut, gain, and stay on weight pretty much like second nature, so I don't think that issue will ever plague me. If you want to know about me check out my website- http://www.myspace.com/amyrobinson But this thread has gone way OT (we need cameron and the other sherdog mods over here), so thats the last I'm gonna talk about myself.

Sweetie, you're not bad looking, but you're not a WWE female. You have a body that is simply athletic, and unless you spends thousands on augmenting, dyeing, and tanning, you'll never get there.

Guest Amy Ace

Random guy- no I don't have any weight probelms. Being a wrestler I've learned how to cut, gain, and stay on weight pretty much like second nature, so I don't think that issue will ever plague me. If you want to know about me check out my website- http://www.myspace.com/amyrobinson But this thread has gone way OT (we need cameron and the other sherdog mods over here), so thats the last I'm gonna talk about myself.

Sweetie, you're not bad looking, but you're not a WWE female. You have a body that is simply athletic, and unless you spends thousands on augmenting, dyeing, and tanning, you'll never get there.

I went 52-0 in high school compeition,was ranked #2 in the country in my weight class my senior year, and was one of the most highly recruited female wrestlers in the country. I'll probably go on to win at least one national title in college, and am already being scouted for the 2012 Olympic Team. But I'm just simply atheltic, so I'll never get there. :rolleyes:

Edited by Amy Ace

Victoria has an athletic body. As I mentioned before, look at Chyna, or Molly Holly, or a bunch of other people.

Anyway why not try out? Worst that can happen is you don't make it and get a little more insight into what they are looking for or what you can do to get closer next time. No point in wasting an opportunity. You can always tell your kids or whatever about the time you tried out for WWE. If nothing else times change, what's in today may not be in tomorrow. Rey Mysterio isn't a "WWE Male" and Eddie was what 5'8"?

If I'm not mistaken(I probably am), didn't you say on another thread that you lived on the same block as Kurt Angle and were friends with his family?

If so, that should give you a leg up on everyone else.

okay, looked at her myspace pics...she's not "Diva enough looking"...look at all the chicks in the WWE right now...now look at AmyAce...Amy, I applaud your accomplishments and I wish you good luck in your endeavors, but if you don't look like what's currently out there, it ain't happenin...

There's always MMA.

I'd say that's more viable than the WWE for Amy at this point...unless she softens up her body a touch and gets some tits...don't get me wrong, I think it sucks that the standard is at that point, but it is what it is...we don't control it, it's what Vince wants...but you know, we could all be wrong, don't let that stop you from trying Amy...I just don't think Vince takes women's wrestling seriously enough for a gal like you to waste the talents that you appear to have...even with all that skill, and, say you get the "Diva Look" all you'll be doing is lingerie matches and the like...is that what you want? The money would be good, of course...

Guest Amy Ace

I did live a couple houses down from Kurt in the same housing plan, before he and his wife spilt up. And yes I do know some members of the Angle family. And I actually do intend to try mma somewhere along the line as well. As I already have training in muay thai and brazilian jiu-jitsu, and experience in grappling tournaments. And I'm friends with several fighters. But becoming a pro wreslter in my main goal.

But I think what you guys are missing is, that I'm not looking to be a "Diva". I wanna be a real bump-taking ,hard working pro wrestler. I just went for the tryout thing cuz its too good an oppurtunity to pass up, but otherwise, I plan on going to college, and then in 4 years, when I'm done with school, become a pro wrestler. My master plan is to work indies, wrestling against the men, and try to make a name for myself as a legitimate female wrestler. Hopefully some of the bigger promotions will take interest in me and bring me in. I think if I can make a big enough name for myself on the indy scene, with my wrestling credentials, hopefully it will get the WWE interested in me.

And I don't want to be a valet or stuck in terrible women's matches. I wanna wrestle the guys, cuz thats what I've been doing all my life. I'd like to go the route that Chyna was on for a while, with compeating with the guys, no matter where I work (WWE, TNA, ROH or the indies). I may not be as manly in statue as Chyna, or have huge implants, but with my legitimate amateur resume, athleticism, and charisma, I don't think I'll need them. And even tho I'm not huge, I'm still 5'8", and with some added muscle, I'd be about the same size as some of the best workers in the history of the business- Guerrero, Benoit, Jericho. But the WWE's just my ultimate goal, if I go on to accomplish anything in pro wrestling I hope that it is being considered a good wrestler, as nowadays, that's becoming rarer and rarer, even among the men in the industry.

Edited by Amy Ace

Amy, if you want to wrestle boys, may I suggest you take up some indy wrestling for awhile. Most places don't have too many females around, so, by default, you'd be taking on guys. And with your backround, it'd be realistic for you to keep up and win against them sometimes, especially with the lot of skinnier indy guys out there.

P.S. Are you really going to wait until after university? Is that because of your amateur wrestling career?

Edited by CanadianChick

Guest Amy Ace
Amy, if you want to wrestle boys, may I suggest you take up some indy wrestling for awhile. Most places don't have too many females around, so, by default, you'd be taking on guys. And with your backround, it'd be realistic for you to keep up and win against them sometimes, especially with the lot of skinnier indy guys out there.

P.S. Are you really going to wait until after university? Is that because of your amateur wrestling career?

Yes, I have a very good chance at contending for a national title at the collegiate level , which is something I really want to accomplish. Plus, I think it's important to have a degree, no matter what you do. (It's funny you should ask this, as I'm actually coming up to your country to go to school, since the NCAA doesn't sanction women's wrestling yet, and the CIS does.)

I'm definately gonna work indies, and that seems to be where the best workers and most progressive ring-work is going on nowadays, anyways, so that's a plus.

Edited by Amy Ace

Which University are you planning on coming to? The university I'm at right now has a pretty kickass women's team apparently.

And you should totally get your degree, no arguements there. I was just thinking that it isn't impossible to do both wrestling and university, but since you really are a hardcore amateur wrestler, nevermind.

Guest Amy Ace
Which University are you planning on coming to? The university I'm at right now has a pretty kickass women's team apparently.

And you should totally get your degree, no arguements there. I was just thinking that it isn't impossible to do both wrestling and university, but since you really are a hardcore amateur wrestler, nevermind.

I'll be going to Brock University in St.Catharine's, Ontario, they have one of the best women's programs in the world. Plus like I said, the NCAA here in the US, doesn't sanction women's wrestling yet, and even though the NAIA does, (which is like 2nd best college sport org. to the NCAA), the closet NAIA sanctioned school is in Kentucky, about 10 hours away. And since I don't want to go too far away from home, I choose Brock, which although its in another country, is only about 2 hours away from my hometown of Pittsburgh.

And yes I'm pretty a pretty hardcore amatuer wrestler, like I said there's a possiblity I could be going to the Olympics in 2012.

The problem is WWE does not want good female workers, if they did they would look to Japan. The only chance you have is to: 1.) Win a medal and get so much recognition that WWE will hire you for pub. or 2.) Be incredibly hot. Pick one, as no one wants to see a 5'8" 130 pound girl beat up 6' 230 pound guys, it would look stupid.

dullmoment is right...Amy, we're NOT missing the point, we understand what you want...we're just telling you what you're going to find...you want to wrestle guys, be seen as a legitimate threat to guys, I get that...sister, it ain't gonna happen in the WWE so I recommend looking elsewhere...I'm sorry that it's that way, it just is.

Guest jumpingbombangel

I dunno about all that. The WWE doesn't even know what the WWE wants. You people say she doesn't have the "look" they want, but have a look at Beth Phoenix (developmental) 2 years ago compared to today. Never say never, is all I'm saying.

For me, I'll just wait until I can fuck John Cena to break into the biz. He wanted this.

Guest Brian

I really don't understand why anyone would want to be a pro-wrestler, let alone work for Vince.

I dunno about all that. The WWE doesn't even know what the WWE wants. You people say she doesn't have the "look" they want, but have a look at Beth Phoenix (developmental) 2 years ago compared to today. Never say never, is all I'm saying.

For me, I'll just wait until I can fuck John Cena to break into the biz. He wanted this.

And Beth Phoenix was a great amateur wrestler who will be another in the long line of T & A style divas if she ever gets called up to the WWE. If Amy was 6'2 or 6'3 and had her credentials it might work, but to say she's the same size as Benoit and Eddie and expect to do what she wants against the men when it took Benoit and Eddie themselves over a decade to be booked on par against the best, it just seems out of touch with reality. If she's wants to be known as a great female wrestler who can compete with men on equal footing she'll sadly have to be content with not working for the WWE, or she can "sell out" and work for the WWE. This is one of those "you can't have it both ways" situations because as has been said many times already, the WWE doesn't want female wrestlers, or the diva search would have proper training as a requirement, and not an afterthought.

Alot of this "realism" talk towards Amy about how she cant realistically do this and that is kind of pointless, guys. I'm sure she knows the logistics of things as being a "smart" fan entails. Let her follow her dream - there isnt a need to downgrade her potential at the expense of trying to "tell it to her like it is." She knows the reality of things currently but that still doesnt mean she can still try her damndest to get somewhere. You never know what the business, or WWE for that matter, will want in the future. Look at that whole Zack Gowen thing, for christ's sakes. WWE may primarily be hiring women who are more cosmetically there than talent-wise, but who knows, Vince may want something completely different down the road.

Another thing not mentioned is that down the road, if you ever got a wild urge, I am betting, especially if you do tremendous in college, there may be strong potential down the road in Japan. Their women's scene is all but nonexistent at the moment, but I would imagine as years pass here, something has got to give with that. And there would be where you could really get over, exhibiting your athletics with other girls just like you who WANT to bust their ass and not take the easy road into the business (through just trying to get in on the T & A factor).

re: Zack Gowen:

Vince's PC Checklist:

-have a female hold a non-female title: check

-have a black world champion: check

-have a mexican world champion: check

-have a handicap wrestler: check

Alot of this "realism" talk towards Amy about how she cant realistically do this and that is kind of pointless, guys. I'm sure she knows the logistics of things as being a "smart" fan entails. Let her follow her dream - there isnt a need to downgrade her potential at the expense of trying to "tell it to her like it is." She knows the reality of things currently but that still doesnt mean she can still try her damndest to get somewhere. You never know what the business, or WWE for that matter, will want in the future. Look at that whole Zack Gowen thing, for christ's sakes. WWE may primarily be hiring women who are more cosmetically there than talent-wise, but who knows, Vince may want something completely different down the road.

Another thing not mentioned is that down the road, if you ever got a wild urge, I am betting, especially if you do tremendous in college, there may be strong potential down the road in Japan. Their women's scene is all but nonexistent at the moment, but I would imagine as years pass here, something has got to give with that. And there would be where you could really get over, exhibiting your athletics with other girls just like you who WANT to bust their ass and not take the easy road into the business (through just trying to get in on the T & A factor).

I don't disagree with you on the premise, but when the men making it to WWE programming these days don't have to know how to wrestle, I don't think the women will ever have to again. He basically got rid of every capable women wrestler he had on the payroll, and since Vince doesn't like to admit his mistakes I can't see him ever deciding that the product would be better if only women had the chance to wrestle instead of being all about tits and ass, especially when he pays so much money to have these girls be the prototypical tits and ass type.

To think WWE won't ever evolve is a ridiculous notion. When Vince steps aside or dies, then things will change, if not sooner. They did change from having a semi-competent women's division in '02/'03 to having strictly a T&A division in '05. Why can't they change back? If WWE is hit with a lawsuit from a female that could cause bad press, we won't be seeing as much T&A.

My point is that until the men are required to be properly trained and developed, it's silly to think the women will have to meet any requirement other than having the WWE "look". Given that the top wrestling prospects OVW had (Basham, Damaja, Conway, Dinsmore just to name a few) never amounted to anything in the WWE, while they do end up pushing guys with minimal in ring skills like The Boogeyman, Carlito, Masters & Lashley I don't see them suddenly going towards more wrestling. By all indications Stephanie seems to like that direction and would likely be the one to replace Vince, so I'd just see her continuing the same way. Unless the whole McMahon family dies or steps down, what makes you think the product will do a complete 180 besides optimism?

I never said it'd do a 180. I said it's ridiculous to assume WWE will never change its mindset. Let's take male wrestlers for example, shall we? They have been pushing guys with the right body, right? With the new drug policy, this is going to change somewhat, obviously, to avoid bad press. Something involving a female previously in WWE and bad press could just as easily convince WWE to change their mindset on female wrestling vs. T&A. I have no idea where someone can get the idea that mindsets stay static in WWE. Sure, after a year or two of serious female wrestling, we'll get about 5 years of T&A. But you're assuming there will be no years of wrestling because WWE won't change the mindset. There will be a change, even if it's temporary, unless a female makes them huge money from purely wrestling.

I never said it'd do a 180. I said it's ridiculous to assume WWE will never change its mindset. Let's take male wrestlers for example, shall we? They have been pushing guys with the right body, right? With the new drug policy, this is going to change somewhat, obviously, to avoid bad press. Something involving a female previously in WWE and bad press could just as easily convince WWE to change their mindset on female wrestling vs. T&A. I have no idea where someone can get the idea that mindsets stay static in WWE. Sure, after a year or two of serious female wrestling, we'll get about 5 years of T&A. But you're assuming there will be no years of wrestling because WWE won't change the mindset. There will be a change, even if it's temporary, unless a female makes them huge money from purely wrestling.

The WWE won't change their mindset away from something that's currently making them money. The "divas" make money, and the diva searches were (inexplicably) some of the highest rated segments on RAW though it seemed everyone in the arenas and on the 'net hated them. They just released the only one of those newcomers that showed any desire to become a wrestler (although Christy was a bit of a retard if she thought she was going to get a raise), and it took someone like Alexis Laree more than 2 years to get called up while Christy wrestled on a WM in what her 2nd televised match? I'm just saying that T & A has worked for them since they abandoned the women's division and I don't see them going away from that to something that was a proven failure. I personally preferred to see Molly vs Victoria for example, but the majority of fans seem to enjoy lingerie pillow fights a lot more, or even worse no women on the show period. The only way to keep selling diva magazines and DVDs is to have new blood in them, and that's why you see so much turnover these days. Would it surprise anyone if Victoria, Trish & Lita were released in the next 6 months just in time to bring in the next crop of divas?