TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Scuba Steve

WrestleMania 22 Matches You'd Like To See

Guest Chrisly_2005

So, would they split the Cruiserweight Title like Chyna/Chris Jericho did?

I would figure Psychosis/Crazy would get the tag belts, while Juvi would get the cruiserweight.

Why wouldn't Psychosis/Crazy want the Cruiserweight title.

Well, the better question is why would any of them want either of those titles.

Crazy and Psychosis were supposed to be going for the titles at armageddon until they gave them to batista and rey. It makes sense to have them go for it. Juvi is already a two time CW champ so why not have him go for that title?

Since they have been doing interbrand matches since Survivor Series it's hard to get interested in Wrestlemania. But after the Rumble I'm sure there will be some good matches announced, maybe Austin will make nice and we'll get Hogan vs Austin

Guest Leelee

Then Austin will be told he's winning... but, not giving Hogan 120 stunners, which makes him look weak. Then, he'll leave for the 4th time, and HTQ will go on about how stupid I am for not siding with Austin.

Guest Chrisly_2005
Then Austin will be told he's winning... but, not giving Hogan 120 stunners, which makes him look weak. Then, he'll leave for the 4th time, and HTQ will go on about how stupid I am for not siding with Austin.

The egos are too big for those two to have a match. If by chance they do it will either end in a draw or DQ. Neither man would accept a lose.

The latest Torch podcast and WON say there is now less than 50% chance of Hogan/Austin happening because Austin isn't interested in doing a job to Hogan and Hogan is not interested in jobbing to anyone anytime soon either. It would take a ridiculous amount of money to get one of them to job.

It's a money match, but I won't cry if it doesn't happen.

Guest Leelee

In all seriousness, the only "money" match I'd be interested in seeing is Cena-Rock. Just to see Dwayne destroy him on the stick. And it's never happening, so whatever.

Guest Chrisly_2005
I wouldn't mind seeing HBK-Rock myself, but Rock isn't too fond of HBK, so boo-hoo to me.

Rock vs. HBK would be nice but i doubt HBK or the Rock would agree. Rock wouldnt want to job and HBK would refuse to lose to a guy that hasnt wrestled in over a year

I'd read what you have to say Leelee, but because of your signature I have to quickly scroll to the next response. The reason being, I'm a homophobe and it would really bother me if someone saw that on my screen and thought I was gay.

I'd like to see Batista vs. Brock Lesnar; Boogeyman, Bobby Lashley, Heidenreich and Animal vs. Big Show, Kane, Chris Masters and Carlito; CM Punk vs. Matt Striker and Piper's Pit with Ric Flair.

Heel Rock vs. John Cena w/Terrell Owens as Special Referee

Shelton Benjamin vs. Shawn Michaels

Chris Benoit vs. Kurt Angle (WWE title - World title Unification Match)

HHH - Edge - Mr. McMahon vs. Hulk Hogan - Ric Flair - Mick Foley

Rey Mysterio vs. Batista

MNM vs. Kendrick/London vs. Super Crazy and Psycosis

Undertaker vs. Boogeyman

Juventud vs. Jamie Noble vs. Kid Kash for Cruiserweight Title

JBL vs. Randy Orton

Matt Hardy vs. Rob Van Dam ladder match

Guest lo0p

Since you said LIKE to see.. heres my list, but most will never happen.

Bret Hart vs Kurt Angle

Austin vs Hogan

Benoit vs Undertaker (Benoit wins)

Boogey Man vs Papa Shango

Cactus Jack vs Sabu

RVD vs Shawn Michaels Ladder Match

Batista vs Lashley vs Lesnar vs Mysterio (Mysterio wins world title)

Cena vs HHH Loser must retire forver match (double count out)

Edge vs Flair

Malenko vs Chavo Guerrero (Eddie memorial match)

Edited by lo0p

WrestleMania 22

WWE Title

John Cena Vs Kurt Angle Vs Shawn Michaels Vs Triple H

*Triple H Vs John Cena would be an atrocious mess, and obviously Triple H would come off look superior all throughout the feud. This allows more of dramatic balance and gives HBK and Angle something to do. Let’s face it, they won’t give Benjamin that big of a program @ WM with Shawn or Angle and they don’t have anything on Smackdown to use. Save the Angle/HBK rubber match for some other time.*

World Title

Mysterio Vs Batista

*Batista/Orton or Batista/Undertaker are the popular picks for mania, and understandably so. However, Orton has been jobbed out and he has virtually zero credibility left in him, and the Undertaker’s streak shouldn’t be ended by someone who doesn’t need the rub because Batista gains nothing from it. Mysterio is a fresh breath and this would provide a much more interesting and entertaining match for Mania. Also, Mysterio would be brought by the fans as a legitimate contender to beat Batista with the right booking. Mysterio has to win the rumble for this to work. There’s no reason Mysterio shouldn’t be given this spot, he earned it for being a great worker that has a large support group behind him and is arguably, Smackdown’s top baby face.*

Hulk Hogan Vs Steve Austin

*The definitive MONEY match. That’s the only reason for this match, it’ll be far from a work-rate clinic but the heat should be incredible for this match and you can assure that this, would be a buy-rate machine*

The Undertaker Vs Chris Benoit

*Obviously, Benoit’s contract status is up in the air right now however we are pretending he stays with WWE. Undertaker’s next and hopefully, FINAL notch on his streak should be an impressive one that lends it more credibility that the fans would actually be more willing to accept. The streak shouldn’t end now, last year was the perfect opportunity and they passed on it. Chris Benoit won’t win but he’d give Undertaker his best Mania performance yet and it’ll be something of a reward for Benoit, to get a higher profile program for Mania.

WWE Tag Team Titles

Triple Threat Ladder Match

MnM Vs Mexi-Cools Vs Kendrick and London

*Simple enough. 3 high-flying tag teams in a spot-fest like no other.*

World Tag Team Titles

The Big Show and Kane Vs Three Minute Warning

*Right now, Raw nor Smackdown has any remaining tag team threats for Kane and TBS. We all know Jamal was re-hired by WWE and they shouldn’t do that silly Cena idea but rather just bring back 3MW, with Eric Bischoff discovering a loophole that legally he has a license to manage, 3MW, so he is still under employment as a manager. It’s be a classic battle of size Vs speed.*

IC Title

Rob Van Dam Vs Shelton Benjamin

*RVD will return very soon and be tremendously over. It’d be too early to jump him into the main event. So, RVD falls back into this position. It’s be acrobatic contest between the two and nothing more. Spot fans will eat this up and “purists” will spit on it. Does it need the IC title? Likely not.*

US Title

JBL Vs Lashley

*I’d have JBL somehow win the US Title, because that’s where he should be. Lashley will be on a roll and be the natural #1 contender. This would be a near squash.*

Edge Vs Mick Foley

*I’m not even sure if Edge will be healed by Mania time but assuming that he is, I’d stick him with Foley. It’d be a pretty good promo feud and I’m thinking these two could work a solid short brawl*

Woman’s Title

Mickey James Vs Trish Stratus

*No explanation needed*

Cruiserweight Title

Open Invitational Gauntlet

Nunzio Vs Juventud Vs Knoble Vs Helms Vs Kash Vs Funaki Vs Chavo

*Most likely will be the heat match*

*Not sure what to do with Randy Orton, Hardy, Booker, Flair, Carlito, Masters, Bogeyman, Chavo, Murdoch*

Orton should have a spot on the card but it can’t be the main event with Batista and he can’t work again with Undertaker, I can’t think of any major Raw Vs Smackdown matches he could be a part of, with the exception of The Rock and that will not occur. He could wrestle Hardy but that’s a pretty dramatic fall.

If Hogan-Austin doesn’t pan out, they could go with the predictable Hogan/Orton. It keeps Hogan from the main event, gives Orton purpose and they could save Hogan/Austin for Summer Slam.

Flair shouldn’t be on the card but I believe he’ll find his way onto it.

Carlito and Masters, as pushed as they have been the last year, need to be on the show but I’m struggling to place them, so perhaps Masters/Carlito/Murdoch/Snitsky Vs Hardy/LOD 2005/Holly RvSD tag match?

Booker T will get left off the card again, actually I’d have him be a “guest” commentator for the night with the Smackdown side of things.

I had to look at WWE Superstar's page because I don't know who is on what roster now-a-days.

WWE Heavyweight: John Cena © vs HBK (Heel HBK going after the title)

World Heavyweight: Batista © vs Randy Orton

Intercontinental: Ric Flair © vs Shelton Benjamin

Raw Tag Team: I have no idea

SD Tag Team: I have no idea

Cruiserweight Title: Kid Kash vs Rey

Big Show vs Kane

Undertaker vs Benoit

Angle vs Triple-H

I really can't do this very well seeing how I don't watch wrestling anymore. Is there even a US Title anymore???

Guest wildpegasus

Benoit vs Taker.

Benoit vs Rey or Angle would be great but Benoit vs Taker would be HUGE. Totally fresh. Respected veteran vs respected veteran. Fans torn on who to cheer for. A big match feel. A no doubt super match. 2 legends going at it. Undefeated streak vs a legit threat. Throat slash vs throat slash.

I'll be a bit disappointed regardless because I was really hoping for HBK/Guerrero. I would love Brock/Batista, but that seems to be no-go at this point. That leaves the following...

World Heavyweight Championship: Batista vs. The Undertaker - The monster world champion who has had the belt for a year against the man undefeated at Wrestlemania.

WWE Championship: Kurt Angle vs. Triple H - I know Trip has been jobbing a lot recently, but these are still the two biggest names on the RAW side of the roster.

Hulk Hogan vs. Steve Austin - These are the two biggest names of their eras. If they don't face each other, I don't care to see either one.

Interpromotional Match: Shawn Michaels vs. Rey Misterio - We saw a glimpse at the Eddy RAW tribute, and this would be the best choice as replacement for Shawn/Eddy here.

Interpromotional Match: John Cena vs. Randy Orton - The battle of the future.

United States Championship: Chris Benoit vs. John 'Bradshaw' Layfield - Always interested in this match, and it would be nice to see it on PPV.

Intercontinental Championship: Edge vs. Shelton Benjamin - They missed the boat on Edge's main event run.

World Tag Team Championship: Big Show & Kane vs. Chris Masters & Carlito Caribbean Cool - I like Big Show & Kane as a team, but the RAW tag division is non-existant so it is difficult to come up with opponents.

WWE Tag Team Championship: MNM vs. Brian Kendrick & Paul London - Two most talented teams on the roster. Kendrick/London with the upset.

Edited by Kahran Ramsus

Benoit Vs. The Undertaker

Speaking of Edge, is he ever gonna use that goddamn money in the bank match he won last year or what????

I'm pretty sure Cena / Edge will take place at the Rumble.

Guest Leelee
I'd read what you have to say Leelee, but because of your signature I have to quickly scroll to the next response. The reason being, I'm a homophobe and it would really bother me if someone saw that on my screen and thought I was gay.

Yet, people won't think you're gay because you enjoy watching near naked men grapple with one another?

WWE Heavyweight Championship - John Cena vs Chris Jericho vs Kurt Angle - Turn Cena into a bastard heel and talk Jericho into returning at Mania for a title shot. Have Kurt Angle turn face and FINALLY get the big win over Cena for the title, then go on to feud with Jericho for a couple months.

World Championship - Batista vs Undertaker - like many others have said, unless a result is leaked out prior to the match, theres really no way to predict a winner for this match. The World Champion, nearing a year-long reign, vs the man who has never lost at Wrestlemania.

Buyrate Magnet - Hulk Hogan vs Stone Cold Steve Austin - 'nuff said

Intercontinental Championship - RVD vs Shelton Benjamin - Ladder Match

United States Championship - Chris Benoit vs Lashley - lets see if the big man can actually work

World Tag Team Championship - Kane and the Big Show vs 3 Minute Warning

WWE Tag Team Championship - MNM vs London and Kendrick vs Mexicools - Tornado Tag rules

WWE Cruiserweight Championship - Kid Kash vs Rey Mysterio vs Gregory Helms vs Juvi - WWE, just for once, let the cruisers go balls-out and this will be your show stealer.

HHH vs Ric Flair vs Shawn Michaels vs JBL - just to give the 4 something to do on the card

Yet, people won't think you're gay because you enjoy watching near naked men grapple with one another?

The gay thing with wrestling is so 20 years ago.

Guest Chrisly_2005
I had to look at WWE Superstar's page because I don't know who is on what roster now-a-days.

Big Show vs Kane

Undertaker vs Benoit

Angle vs Triple-H

I really can't do this very well seeing how I don't watch wrestling anymore. Is there even a US Title anymore???

Please dont try and push Rey back down to the CW division

Half prediction, half ideal card made up of guys who I think could make the show.

Batista[c] vs. The Undertaker: World Heavyweight Championship

Easy Money Match.

John Cena[c] vs. HHH vs Edge: WWE Championship

Cena vs. HHH alone doesn't interest me that heavily.

Kurt Angle vs. Chris Benoit [interpromotional Match]

Workrate match pure and simple.

Rob Van Dam vs. Booker T vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Randy Orton vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Raw Mystery Opponent (Chris Jericho) [Money in the Bank II]

Gives the Upper-carders somthing to do.

JBL[c] vs. Bobby Lashley: United States Championship

Lashley's gotta dominate somebody at Mania, might as well be Bradshaw.

Kane/Big Show[c] vs. Three Minute Warning: World Tag Team Championship

Bring Bisch back to get revenge, as Rosey and Jamal haven't been sqaushed yet.

Chavo Guerrero vs. Shelton Benjamin[c]: Intercontinental Championship

Have Shelton beat Flair followng heel turn and do the sympathy push with Chavo.

Brian Kendrick/Paul London vs. Mexicools vs. MNM[c]: WWE Tag Team Championship

No Dicks or LOD necessary.

Mickie James[c] vs. Trish Stratus: Women's Championship

Have James go nuts and injure Trish. Make this a comeback match.

Kid Kash[c] vs. Matt Hardy: Cruiserweight Championship

If just cause I can't think of any other legit cruisers.

No Austin-Hogan but neither seem interested without the other jobbing anyway.

Big Show vs Kane

Undertaker vs Benoit

Angle vs Triple-H

Please dont try and push Rey back down to the CW division

I've got to agree here, regardlessof his size, Rey is, at minumum, US Title material.

This is Wrestlemania matches we'd like to see, not matches that are going to happen right?

World Title: John Cena vs. RVD

Let RVD try to play a heel when he comes back. Have him only go against babyfaces. Let him cheat constantly, but don't do anything that actually makes him look uncool. Then build "heel" RVD vs. "face" Cena with RVD destroying Cena a couple times with chairs to a raucous ovation from the crowd. Finally, in the big match, Cena hits an FU, but RVD kicks out. Then, he gets frustrated, knocks out the referee and goes for a chair only to have it countered into BOOM! a Van Daminator for the three count.

WWE Title: Batista vs. Brock Lesnar

Brock Lesnar comes back as a surprise entrant at the Royal Rumble, takes everybody out and wins. Then he squashes Batista in about eight minutes finishing him off with the triple powerbomb pin after hitting the F-5.

Edge vs. Undertaker

Edge can be a smartass and talk about how he had a gothic phase, but he grew out of it six years ago. I kind of like Edge and Taker's boring, so I say just let Edge win.

Triple H vs. Kurt Angle

These guys can go better than most of the Raw roster and we haven't seen it in a while. Why not? For a change, I say they let both men play tweeners, and then let the fans decide who to cheer for.

Kane vs. Randy Orton: Legend Killer match

I don't care about the exact stips, but somehow, through either death or retirement, Orton ends Kane's career forever. The character has turned into such an abortion that I'd prefer to never see it again.

Shawn Michaels vs. Rey Mysterio

This would be a fun little match. HBK can't really do the high-flying stuff worth a shit anymore, but they should still put on a good show.

Gauntlet match: Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. jobbers who wouldn't get a PPV bonus otherwise

Stone Cold stuns 10 guys and pins them all in three minutes. After the match, he goes too far however, calling Daivari a pussy, and saying that no sand nigger could ever beat Stone Cold's ass. When Daivair points out that they just threw their matches so they could all get PPV bonuses, Austin laughs at their "poor trailer park asses" and then says he could beat them with one hand behind his back. Daivari challenges him to make the match from earlier "best 2 out of 3". After Austin accepts, Daivari proceeds to pin Austin twice in the span of a minute and a half.

Hulk Hogan vs. Chris Masters

Hogan powers out of the Masterlock only to see the debut of Masters' new death valley driver. The finisher kills Hogan dead on the spot.

Edited by iggymcfly

Probably not, they'll be to busy trying to explain to me that wrestling is fake and all that jazz. But anyways I nominate you as having the worst signature in the history of the internet.

Guest Scuba Steve
Scuba, just wondering but why those matches? I mean Shelton is being jobbed out hard, he's certainly in no position to challenge for the title.

If Shelton turns heel it will give him more momentum and besides Angle/HBK he's the best wrestler in the company. I don't see any reason he couldn't challenge for the belt. He'd probably get cheered over stale Cena anyways.