TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
King Kamala

Most forgettable stint in a promotion

Regal's stint in WWF in 98/99 wasn't forgettable, I remember he was a man, such a man, such a real man's man!

Speaking of Regal, his stint in WCW in 99/00 wasn't anything to write home about either. The only notable thing he did was have a weird three way Saturday Night only feud teaming with Dave Taylor against Erik Watts and Jim Duggan against The Armstrong Brothers. Oh and along the same lines, he fought Jim Duggan for the TV title Jim Duggan found in the garbage can when Duggan was the janitor for WCW.

Does Big Bully Busick's fall '91 WWF stint count?

I swore I was the only person who remembered this man. He came in right after I started watching and I remember thinking that he was gonna be somebody important...then he vanished after about a month.

yea me too

Its sad to think Tazz's biggest WWE claim to fame is SmackDown. He had his forgettable Lawler feud (which could of lead to a decent tag team with Raven, but didnt). Too bad he got injured so early in his run, or else we could have seen some badass Tazz/Benoit bouts that were rumored.

All in all, Tazz in WWE was and is forgettable

-Cheex

He could be better remembered for ending Kurt Angle's undefeated streak. Rarely mentioned, unfortunately.

What did Chris Daniels do in ECW?

Lita, also was in ECW for a while in '00.

They rarely mention Tazz ending angles treak, cuz the socalled streak only lasted about two and a half months as he debuted at survivor series in nov then lost to tazz at rumble in jan, plus he lost a tag match with balckman in december lol but that doesnt count I suppose

Hey..Steve Blackman fits here ok ,he debuted by running in as a fan in the crowd to help Vader against the Hart Foundation. spent most of his time as a mid-carder with no personality, would be totally forgotten except for his heel turn which led to some bouts with Shamrock and his "Head Cheese" Team with Al Snow.

Chris Benoit's few tryout matches in WWE in 1995 (I think). A clip of one (Vs. Holly) is on his DVD.

Rip Rogers rebounding from the demise of "The Cartel" in the GWF in 1991 to a few months with WCW in 1993, including a ***PAY PER VIEW VICTORY*** at Starrcade (?!?!?!?!)

GWF Tag Champ "Conan" Chris Walker getting promoted heavily in the WWF in late 91-early 92 with vignettes on Superstars and Primetime and then wrestling maybe 1 or 2 TV matches and disappearing.

Jerry Lynn and Tajiri working Raw in August 97.

Xanta Claus - besides the net fans, I'm sure he's unheard of.

"Beautiful" Bobby Eaton's appearences in ECW as they folded.

Psychosis returns to ECW in 2000.

Chris Benoit's few tryout matches in WWE in 1995 (I think). A clip of one (Vs. Holly) is on his DVD.

Rip Rogers rebounding from the demise of "The Cartel" in the GWF in 1991 to a few months with WCW in 1993, including a ***PAY PER VIEW VICTORY*** at Starrcade (?!?!?!?!)

GWF Tag Champ "Conan" Chris Walker getting promoted heavily in the WWF in late 91-early 92 with vignettes on Superstars and Primetime and then wrestling maybe 1 or 2 TV matches and disappearing.

Jerry Lynn and Tajiri working Raw in August 97.

Xanta Claus - besides the net fans, I'm sure he's unheard of.

"Beautiful" Bobby Eaton's appearences in ECW as they folded.

Psychosis returns to ECW in 2000.

holy crap, GWF references you are so awesome :D

Guest wildpegasus
Furnas and Lafon (Dan Kroffat) were both awesome wrestlers...I really wish they had lasted longer in WWF. They had a very good TV match again Owen and Bulldog, if I remember right. I liked their gimmick where they were nicknamed "The World's Most Exciting Tag Team" or something and would come out to a very bland entrance and show no personality. If they had broken into the WWF five to ten years earlier, they probably would've been huge stars in the US, but they came in right as "Attitude" was starting to take shape and "regular" wrestlers were becoming passe.

They never had any real chance of getting over in the WWF, or at least as over as they could've been, as one of them - i think Dan Kroffat - had a totally fucked back by the time they arrived due to working so hard in Japan. Plus they weren't allowed to book their own really long awesome finishes like they'd been able to do in AJPW.

Plus they got in a vehicle accident as well.

WXO and the AWF would have to be up there as well.

I'll second WXO.

Psciosis's second run I don't think should be listed as forgotten, especially since the company wasnt around 6 monhts later.

Hardcore Hak (aka Sandman) in WCW.

Road Warriors appearance in 1996 in WCW...beat the Steiners on the Nitro that brought Scott Hall to begin the run of the NWO if I remember right...and left shortly after.

The Shockmaster...can't forget him. :D

Although this has been managed indirectly, Road Warrior Animal's stint in WCW in its dying days was weird.

He was the mystery man in a four way match between Sid, Scott Steiner and Jeff Jarrett and everybody thought the Mystery Man would be Hulk Hogan or Sting or someone huge.........nope...just Road Warrior Animal.

Although this has been managed indirectly, Road Warrior Animal's stint in WCW in its dying days was weird.

He was the mystery man in a four way match between Sid, Scott Steiner and Jeff Jarrett and everybody thought the Mystery Man would be Hulk Hogan or Sting or someone huge.........nope...just Road Warrior Animal.

actually at first everyone thought it was Rick Steiner (it made sense), then at the ppv Animal umasks and kicks sid(who had just had his leg broke) allowing steiner to pin him. then on nitro its revealed that Ric Falir set the whole thing up (well duh hes the one who placed the mystery man in the match) and had turned heel, forming the "Magnificent 7"

Animal did little of note, winnign a few matches and acting mostly as a Bodyguard so I guess it was forgettable, the only noteworty thing was that it introduced a new heel faction

Yeah it was a federation in 2000 (I want to say 2000 but it might have been late 99), it prided itself on being an old school wrestling federation (No swearing, no half naked women, no hardcore matches, etc, etc.). Ted DiBiase was the commissioner but other than that there was little star power. I mean Dan Severn was their "big name".

To no one's surprise, the WXO was cancelled after 4 or 5 weeks.

Jim Powers in WCW in the late 90s

Freebirds in the WWF in the early 80s

Missy Hyatte in the WWF mid 80s

Curt Hennig in the WWF early 80s (81, 82)

Bam Bam Bigelow in NWA in the late 80s

Mantaur, Damian Demento, Who?, The Goon, MVP etc....

Hardy Boys in the WWF in the mid 90s

Scott Taylor in the WWF in the early-mid 90s

PN News in WCW the mid 90s

PJ Walker (Justin Credible) WWF mid-early 90s

Jerry Lynn in WCW in the mid 90s

One Man Gang in WCW in the mid 90s

Bull Nakano WCW mid 90s

All I remember about WXO was them showing a Kenta Kobashi & Jun Akiyama vs. Johnny Ace & Bart Gunn match from like May or June 1999, with dubbed in commentary. The guy announcing the match totally didn't know the names of Kobashi or Akiyama. They showed it to hype up Ace or Gunn's debut in the promotion or something.

Has Honky Tonk Man in WCW in 94 been mentioned?

I think he won the TV title but it was still a pretty damn forgettable run.

No he didnt win it but he did feud with Johnny B Badd over (was as thrilling as it sounds), they had a time limit draw at Fall Brawl 94 and they were supposed to face each other in a rematch at Havoc 94 but HTM left WCW

Guest JMA
Badd and Honky drew at Havoc. Badd won by DQ the next month at a Clash. It was at Starrcade that Honky walked, literally right before the match.

I remember renting that show. Damn, was it ever weird.