TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cawthon777

Favorite Tribute Video

I posted this on my board but wanted to hear your opinions as well.

I think the WWF/E production team should certainly be commended for the number of great video packages and music videos produced over the past 6 years.

Out of all of the various tribute videos, what would you say was your favorite?

"Hurt" by Johnny Cash - Eddie Guerrero

"One Thing" by Finger Eleven - Chris Benoit

"Clocks" by Coldplay - Kurt Angle

"My Sacrifice" by Creed - WWF 2001

"Not Enough" by Our Lady Peace - Jeff Hardy

"Beautiful Day" by U2 - Triple H

"Here Without You" by 3 Doors Down - Eddie Guerrero

"Lonely Road of Faith" by Kid Rock - WWF History 2002

"I Will Remember You" by Sarah McLachlan - Mick Foley

"So Far Away" by Staind - Mick Foley

"My Immortal" by Evanescence - Freddie Blassie

The various Creed / Scott Stapp songs / "Right Here" by Staind - Middle East Tours

... And I'm sure I'm forgetting several.

Some might remember that Sunday Night Heat, back in 99 and 2000, would have weekly recap music videos. There was one in particular that I thought was great - "Yeah Yeah Yeah" by Uncle Cracker, from the "Shanghai Noon" soundtrack. Various clips from KOTR 2000 / Raw / Smackdown with the chorus line of "I don't know why I come here, but I know I'll never leave, it's the only place I want to be, yeah, yeah, yeah" Thought it worked well for giving the perspective of a wrestling fan.

'History of the WWF' with Kid Rock's 'Lonely Road of Faith' was definitely my favorite, followed by Angle's 'Clocks' video and the WWF Desire set to 'My Sacrafice'.

I posted this on my board but wanted to hear your opinions as well.

I think the WWF/E production team should certainly be commended for the number of great video packages and music videos produced over the past 6 years.

Out of all of the various tribute videos, what would you say was your favorite?

"Hurt" by Johnny Cash - Eddie Guerrero

"One Thing" by Finger Eleven - Chris Benoit

"Clocks" by Coldplay - Kurt Angle

"My Sacrifice" by Creed - WWF 2001

"Not Enough" by Our Lady Peace - Jeff Hardy

"Beautiful Day" by U2 - Triple H

"Here Without You" by 3 Doors Down - Eddie Guerrero

"Lonely Road of Faith" by Kid Rock - WWF History 2002

"I Will Remember You" by Sarah McLachlan - Mick Foley

"So Far Away" by Staind - Mick Foley

"My Immortal" by Evanescence - Freddie Blassie

The various Creed / Scott Stapp songs / "Right Here" by Staind - Middle East Tours

... And I'm sure I'm forgetting several.

Some might remember that Sunday Night Heat, back in 99 and 2000, would have weekly recap music videos. There was one in particular that I thought was great - "Yeah Yeah Yeah" by Uncle Cracker, from the "Shanghai Noon" soundtrack. Various clips from KOTR 2000 / Raw / Smackdown with the chorus line of "I don't know why I come here, but I know I'll never leave, it's the only place I want to be, yeah, yeah, yeah" Thought it worked well for giving the perspective of a wrestling fan.

Yea I remmeber heats music videos, I have one on tape that I like, it was a video of summerslam 2000 highlights then the raw and sd after that show, set to "Stupify" by Disturbed

As for the tributes, Eddie's got to me the most (especially the second one)

On the best of raw 03 they did a tribute to all who died that year set to "My Immortal", featuring Stu,Elizabeth,Hennig,Hawk,Crash, Blassie (ending with a clip of the old legends wwf attitude promo showing Blassie openign a door to clouds and smoke, as if he was crossign to the other side, very moving)

Raw 10th anniversary special they did one to everyone who had died during the 10 years RAW was on the air, set to a redone version of HBKS tribute song "Tell me a lie" (this time sung by a man and soft piano accompaniment)(

I don't really remember "Clocks" too well, but I tremendously enjoyed Chris Benoit's music video. The video is the first thing that comes to my mind when I hear that song (unlike "Hurt", "My Sacrifice" or "Beautiful Day").

Yes, I listen to really bad radio stations.

I don't really remember "Clocks" too well, but I tremendously enjoyed Chris Benoit's music video. The video is the first thing that comes to my mind when I hear that song (unlike "Hurt", "My Sacrifice" or "Beautiful Day").

Yes, I listen to really bad radio stations.

Thats true, now when I hear the songs they used in those videos, I immediately think of WWE

I was just watching the HHH one yesterday cuz I was checking out my tape of the 02 rumble and they showed it in the preshow Free For All (actually at the end of that same tape I taped the lonely road one in SP mode for best quality)

"Lonely Road of Faith" was by far my favorite.

One that people have forgotten about was "Adrenaline" (Undertaker) by Gavin Rossdale. It was included on the Unforgiven 2002 DVD. Not as good as some of the others, but in my top 5.

I saw one online that a fan made of Sting to the "My Sacrifice" Creed song, I thought it was pretty awesome.

I have that on my comp.... it's awesome, but I love the WWF Kid Rock History one better.

"And for all you fans out there, that wonder what the future holds for Sting....well, the only thing that's for sure about Sting, is that nothing is for sure... It's Showtime, FOLKS!"

xhttp://s60.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0I4G40VA188SZ3FBHXPLOE4POM

Triple H's "Beautiful Day"

I remember the Rock one too. I believe they aired it on Smackdown to hype his match with Hogan at WrestleMania.

I second the love for the Undertaker "Adrenaline" video. Just a great video chronicling the Deadman's entire career until that point.

I should also mention the WWE Desire video set to "Weathered" by Creed that they aired in summer of 2002. It focused on the hard life on the road, showing wrestlers traveling, the ring crew, etc. I thought it was pretty cool too.

Here's a pretty good Taker "My Sacrifice" video.

While there are plenty of quality fan made clips, I'm just sticking with stuff that aired on TV.

xhttp://s60.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=21OFBF29ZI0GA0NUQXAI8PJU8R

I second that. When I hear "Hurt" I think about Eddie Guerrero and I always will. That was such a emotional video, I had tears in my eyes. The second video was average, it wasn't as emotional.

I also like the Clocks video but how can you not like Eddie's tribute the most.