TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fook

Smackdown Spoilers

Guest Jack Potts
"Mark Henry beat 3 jobbers in an elimination match."

Dear God, why? When does his ten year contract expire? This year? Hopefuly they won't resign him. But using WWE logic, they probably will if they haven't already.

"One thing that hasn't been mentioned....dear god they actually ARE going with a Batista/Mark Henry feud, aren't they?"

Yes because hosses=ratiings.

WWE was fairly smart in building a tag team feud for Batista while he rehabbed his back. That way, he is still a wrestling presence on television, but he doesn't have to carry any solo matches.

However, I too am concerned about his upcoming feud with Mark Henry. Henry's not the best worker, and even under the best of circumstances, Batista will have a hard time executing his power moves on the mountainous Mark Henry.

Although he looks great and I like him as champion, I don't think Batista has the natural strength of Lesnar or Ron Simmons, who was alleged to have been frighteningly strong, but not much of a gym rat. I'm afraid Batista could reaggravate his injuries trying to, literally and figuratively, carry Mark Henry in their pending matches.

From Meltzer:

Lashley does a promo in which he states that he will be in the Royal Rumble.

Dang! I was hoping they'd run an angle where the guy said absolutely nothing for the better part of a year. The fans would not only look forward to him viciously dismantling opponents, but they'd be desperately waiting for the moment that he finally spoke. Tazz and Cole could easily get the angle over by building up his in-ring performance, while asking, "When will this guy say something?" The WWE could have continued the angle by having someone attack him or interrupt him everytime he picked up the mic, leading to instant, volcanic heat.

The crowd anticipation for his SPEAKING debut would be tremendous!

Unfortunately, with how they chose to do it or with the above angle, unless Lashley has the voice and eloquence of Dennis Haysbert ("24"), I fear that the IWC will start grumbling about his lack of mic skills and charisma.

Lashley shattered the illusion during the time when he was forcing Simon Dean to eat 20 something cheeseburgers at No Mercy. Granted most people didn't watch that PPV, but unless they've coached him to make him sound differently since then, he's got a Mike Tyson style voice that just doesn't fit with his body type at all.

From PWInsider:

"At last night's Smackdown taping in Wilkes Barre, PA, an indy worker was ejected from the locker room for an etiquette breach after moving Teddy Long's belongings and attempting to take Long's seat in the locker room."

Guest Jack Potts

From Meltzer:

Lashley does a promo in which he states that he will be in the Royal Rumble.

Dang! I was hoping they'd run an angle where the guy said absolutely nothing for the better part of a year. The fans would not only look forward to him viciously dismantling opponents, but they'd be desperately waiting for the moment that he finally spoke. Tazz and Cole could easily get the angle over by building up his in-ring performance, while asking, "When will this guy say something?" The WWE could have continued the angle by having someone attack him or interrupt him everytime he picked up the mic, leading to instant, volcanic heat.

The crowd anticipation for his SPEAKING debut would be tremendous!

Unfortunately, with how they chose to do it or with the above angle, unless Lashley has the voice and eloquence of Dennis Haysbert ("24"), I fear that the IWC will start grumbling about his lack of mic skills and charisma.

Lashley shattered the illusion during the time when he was forcing Simon Dean to eat 20 something cheeseburgers at No Mercy. Granted most people didn't watch that PPV, but unless they've coached him to make him sound differently since then, he's got a Mike Tyson style voice that just doesn't fit with his body type at all.

Mike Tyson? Lisp and all? Ah well...

From PWInsider:

"At last night's Smackdown taping in Wilkes Barre, PA, an indy worker was ejected from the locker room for an etiquette breach after moving Teddy Long's belongings and attempting to take Long's seat in the locker room."

They must be heated seats or something. Locker room seats usually aren't that coveted.

Oh, I forgot, this is the Johnny Ace era

Mark Henry beat 3 jobbers in an elimination match. After the match Michael Cole interviewed Melina. I have no idea what she said because everyone was chanting slut at her.

Was this backstage or is she managing Mark Henry? Is this going to be the excuse for the Batista feud? He'sgetting revenge for Melina?

Lashley doesn't have a lisp that I can remember, but his voice is a helluva lot softer than you would expect coming out of a body that muscular.

Guest Fook
From PWInsider:

Why does Teddy Long need to use the locker room? It's not like he has to change into wrestling gear.

Guest Quik

How many times will Mark Henry fail before they give up on him? Someone, please recount the pushes he's recieved. Nothing works, he's never been over, and he NEVER gets better.

According to Dave Meltzer, Matt's being jobbed out because he got into a backstage scuffle with The Undertaker at Survivor Series. Matt refused to take a chokeslam in the show-ending angle, where UT took out a bunch of Smackdown's mid-carders. Taker confronted Matt about it. Matt claimed that participating would have killed his momentum, and Taker claimed Matt had no respect for the veterans.

From PWInsider:

Those unwritten backstage rules can be a bitch. They're a mix of high school politics and prison rules among immates.

Edited by Fear Havoc

Lashley doesn't have a lisp that I can remember, but his voice is a helluva lot softer than you would expect coming out of a body that muscular.

Honestly, I don't know if you have to clean out the wax between your ears, but I have No Mercy on tape, and Lashley's voice doesn't sound as soft as you make it out to be. He sounds normal to me, comparing his voice to Tyson is just dumb it's not even close.

Just wait for the inevitable Lashley/Henry feud. Vince would surely love for that program to occur. :throwup:

My God. There is going to be so much edited out of that. Reminds me of when Angle couldn't get the cage door open and Brock walked around for what seem like 5 minutes with Heyman on his shoulders waiting for Angle to do his run in spot.

At least Angle climbed the cage when the door wouldn't open.

Cole and Tazz try so hard to make him look good. That punch on Batista was pathetic. Batista looking at Henry the entire time is stupid as well, he could have easily won the match. Batista saw everything coming, it was so dumb.

They should've redone the whole match. Yeah, it would've confused the live crowd, but at least that way, it'll come off better on TV. Not like the WWE ever cares about putting on good, quality TV.

Full credit to Henry, they blatantly didn't fix the cage so he could get in easily, so he had to bust it open hardway.

Yeah but that was dumb not to. In fact I don't even really blame him much for what happened there. Why didn't they gimmick the cage to avoid this sort of thing?

Yeah but that was dumb not to. In fact I don't even really blame him much for what happened there. Why didn't they gimmick the cage to avoid this sort of thing?

They were afraid of it being accidentally busted open during the course of the match?

Guest Trecko
Here's the Mark Henry segment from the satellite feed of the taping:

click here

lol @ fans at ringside taunting him, yellin out "come on you're the world's strongest man!"

Poor Mark.

By the way, the statement that Mark Henry "has never been over" isn't necessarily true. During 1998 I remember kinda getting into him a little when he was writing the poems for Chyna and all that during his Sexual Chocolate gimmick.

By the time he was bending objects and trying to lift cars though? No heat.