Dark Match:

Sylvan pinned Tommy Suede after a TKO

Velocity:

The Dicks beat Fred Sampson & Scotty Charisma

Lashley pinned Supreme Lee Great

Mexicools beat FBI

Jamie Noble forced Scotty 2 Hotty to submit

SmackDown!

JBL pinned Matt Hardy in a Falls Count Anywhere match. This match started 6 rows in front of me, and ended on JBL's limo. After the match, The Boogeyman came out and grabbed Jillian Hall, before taking a handful of worms and shoving them down her panties

Mark Henry beat 3 jobbers in an elimination match. After the match Michael Cole interviewed Melina. I have no idea what she said because everyone was chanting slut at her.

In the back Randy Orton blamed Sharmell for the loss in Match 5.

Mr. Kennedy came out and announced that he will change the way SmackDown is announced. He then joined Cole & Tazz for the next match.

Kid Kash pinned Juventud with the Dead Level

Orlando Jordan once again petitoned Booker T to let him wrestle in the Best of 7 series. Sharmell and Booker ran him down. Orlando said he would remember that.

In Match 6 of the Best of 7 series, Chris Benoit defeated Randy Orton by DQ. Right after the bell sounded to start the match, Sharmell tripped Benoit with a crutch. Orton told the ref, and had Sharmell thrown out, while Booker remained for comentary. Later in the match, Orton was about to nail an RKO, when out of the crowd comes Orlando Jordan, who beat up Booker, and then nailed Benoit with a crutch, DQing Orton.

Si! mon Dean came out and said he's ready for some competition. He challenged any tag team to a match. Out came London & Kendrick. Dean said the match was not against him, it was against his new team The Gyminizers! Out came The Shane Twins/The Johnsons, who beat the hell out of London & Kendrick. There was never a match.

Lashley does a promo in which he states that he will be in the Royal Rumble.

MNM beat Batista & Mysterio in a Cage Match. After about 10 minutes of back and forth action, Mark Henry comes down. After what seems like another 10 minutes Henry pulls off the cage door, and enters and attacks Batista and Mysterio. Mercury then pins Mysterio to win the match.

No clue if there was a dark match, because I left after the Cage match.

Mr. Kennedy came out and announced that he will change the way SmackDown is announced. He then joined Cole & Tazz for the next match.

I finally have a reason to watch Smackdown again.

Chris Benoit defeated Randy Orton by DQ.

Again with this crap?! Oy.. :(

I'm probably gonna be the only one who cares about the Orlando Jordan shit, but it's great. He was the U.S champion for a pretty long time, and had beat Cena to win it. He got unnecessarly squashed in the Benoit feud after they had a solid match at the Bash, and I feared for the worst when JBL walked out on him in a tag match a few weeks ago. I'm glad to see that he's being his own man and getting things done. He can be credible again if they play up the US title reign and the Cena defeat (no need to mention the cabinet interference). Also, does this mean he is going to be face? I'm not so sure about that, unless his character stays the same cocky brash OJ I love.

Why won't they push Matt Hardy? Instead of feeding him to JBL every week, keep him strong for Booker T after his feud w/ Benoit. Dude should be 1 of the top stars of the brand. I hope they're not setting up OJ vs. Booker, 'cause nobody cares about Orlando Jordan, and for good reason.

It's too bad that The Avatars got beat up but as a Dean mark, hooray for him and his new stable. OJ face turn is pretty logical based on last week's happenings and the way Booker snubs him again this week.

Why won't they push Matt Hardy? Instead of feeding him to JBL every week, keep him strong for Booker T after his feud w/ Benoit. Dude should be 1 of the top stars of the brand. I hope they're not setting up OJ vs. Booker, 'cause nobody cares about Orlando Jordan, and for good reason.

Matt Hardy is getting buried on purpose. He wasn't supposed to win the Taboo Tuesday voting, JBL was.

Matt Hardy is getting buried on purpose. He wasn't supposed to win the Taboo Tuesday voting, JBL was.

It's as easy as fixing the votes if they wanted JBL in there. He isn't being buried for that reason.

It's as easy as fixing the votes if they wanted JBL in there. He isn't being buried for that reason.

Believe it or not, that is part of the reason Hardy is getting buried. The TT voting was legit, though WWE still did everything they could to get people voting the way they wanted them to. That didn't work out in the Smackdown vs. Raw match and when Hardy got more votes than JBL they were genuinely pissed off and took it out on Hardy.

Believe it or not, that is part of the reason Hardy is getting buried. The TT voting was legit, though WWE still did everything they could to get people voting the way they wanted them to. That didn't work out in the Smackdown vs. Raw match and when Hardy got more votes than JBL they were genuinely pissed off and took it out on Hardy.

What the hell did they expect? Even from a kayfabe perspective, Hardy and Rey were the two faces in the voting.

What the hell did they expect?

They expected to be able to easily manipulate the voting.

They may have hated how the voting turned out, but that quickly was overshadowed by the incident with Taker.

But anyway, he wasn't being buried between Taboo Tuesday and Survivor Series, especially not in the way he's being embarrassed now. The four weeks in between the pay-per-views had a tag victory over JBL and an exiting Christian, saving Mysterio from a beatdown capped by a Twist of Fate on Randy Orton, a victory over Carlito and a DQ victory over Kennedy who used a chair.

That's a product of writers having no direction for a wrestler, not out-and-out gunning to make a fool out of him.

I'm probably gonna be the only one who cares about the Orlando Jordan shit, but it's great. He was the U.S champion for a pretty long time, and had beat Cena to win it. He got unnecessarly squashed in the Benoit feud after they had a solid match at the Bash, and I feared for the worst when JBL walked out on him in a tag match a few weeks ago. I'm glad to see that he's being his own man and getting things done. He can be credible again if they play up the US title reign and the Cena defeat (no need to mention the cabinet interference). Also, does this mean he is going to be face? I'm not so sure about that, unless his character stays the same cocky brash OJ I love.

I think you are the only one who care about Orlando Jordon. Sure, he was the US Champion but that was only to advance his storyline with JBL going into Wrestlemania 21 last year. He then went on to lose in a string of non-title matches on Smackdown before finally dropping the title to Chris Benoit at Summerslam. It's not like the guy has improved or done anything to earn a title shot at any level. I also doubt people are going to take him seriously after being protrayed as JBL's lackey and then Benoit's bitch.

But he wasn't being buried between Taboo Tuesday and Survivor Series, especially not in the way he's being embarrassed now. The four weeks in between the pay-per-views had a tag victory over JBL and an exiting Christian, saving Mysterio from a beatdown capped by a Twist of Fate on Randy Orton, a victory over Carlito and a DQ victory over Kennedy who used a chair.

That's a product of writers having no direction for a wrestler, not out-and-out gunning to make a fool out of him.

It's not the whole reason he's been buried but it's part of it. They're still mad at Hardy for how he handled his split with Lita, and the deal with Undertaker didn't help. Hardy not going anywhere isn't because they have no direction for him, but because they see him at a certain level and aren't going to let him get above that level. It's part of the reason Christian decided to leave; he knew he was never going to rise above the level he had been pegged at no matter what kind of reaction he got. The Lita-Edge situation, the TT voting and now the Undertaker deal all add as more reasons, including the self-created ones as to why they aren't going to elevate Hardy, no matter what.

Hardy not going anywhere isn't because they have no direction for him

I'm not arguing with you about that. I'm saying that there was no punishment for the voting at Taboo Tuesday. He didn't even lose in the interim.

It's part of the reason Christian decided to leave; he knew he was never going to rise above the level he had been pegged at no matter what kind of reaction he got.

In his own words, Christian left because there was never going to be any long-term focus around his character. On a side note, the last time that they booked a long-term feud with him (Cena) was one that they gave up on. They didn't have faith in him to succeed and cut him off at the knees.

The Lita-Edge situation, the TT voting and now the Undertaker deal all add as more reasons, including the self-created ones as to why they aren't going to elevate Hardy, no matter what.

The Lita/Edge situation and the Undertaker deal are whoppers to the front office. The company doesn't t need a self-created reason to bury him. Hardy finding ways to question the company is already a deathknell to his position.

EDIT: The original argument was why Matt is being currently buried.

Hardy not going anywhere isn't because they have no direction for him

I'm not arguing with you about that. I'm saying that there was no punishment for the voting at Taboo Tuesday. He didn't even lose in the interim.

It's part of the reason Christian decided to leave; he knew he was never going to rise above the level he had been pegged at no matter what kind of reaction he got.

In his own words, Christian left because there was never going to be any long-term focus around his character. On a side note, the last time that they booked a long-term feud with him (Cena) was one that they gave up on. They didn't have faith in him to succeed and cut him off at the knees.

The Lita-Edge situation, the TT voting and now the Undertaker deal all add as more reasons, including the self-created ones as to why they aren't going to elevate Hardy, no matter what.

The Lita/Edge situation and the Undertaker deal are whoppers to the front office. The company doesn't t need a self-created reason to bury him. Hardy finding ways to question the company is already a deathknell to his position.

EDIT: The original argument was why Matt is being currently buried.

Maybe no one single punishment, but it did add up, make no mistake about that.

Which goes with what I said. They weren't going to let him rise about the spot they had already decided he was going to be stuck in.

They don't need self-created reasons to bury him, but they do have them. They've pegged him at a certain level and are not going to let him rise above that level. All the Undertake, TT or Lita deals to is reaffirm in their minds that he isn't suitable to rise above the level they've set him at.

Fair enough, and I'll leave the argument on that note.

The only note I have on the spoilers is the future booking of the Best-of-7 series. Where are they planning to go with this when Booker returns by the Rumble? Are we looking at Booker/Benoit building to #7 with a do-over of #5 and #6 post-Rumble, after Benoit wins? The fans will crap on that.

Guest nokia

"Kid Kash pinned Juventud with the Dead Level"

Is this "the" name of his Brainbuster move?

Kind of lame if you ask me...

nope they're the Shane Twins - identical twins who've been in OVW for a while

they were known as the Johnsons in TNA (Rod & Dick... three guesses as to who thought of THAT gimmick) and they had made quite an indy team name for themselves especially in Florida

Mike Shane is also why Michael Bently isn't called "Michael Shane" anymore

It seems to me that WWE's best booking/pushing job at this point in time...is being used with Melina. Everything they do with her seems to be working, she gets LOTS of Heat, and it rubs off the rest of her team well. I would have to say she's pretty close to being the top heel on smackdown at this point. I really like what they've done with her character, and it's strange how strongly they've booked her and have it actually WORK.

or maybe I'm just crazy this morning :)

Chris Benoit defeated Randy Orton by DQ.

Again with this crap?! Oy.. :(

I agree, why can't they just let Benoit beat Orton by submission, or something?

Guest Jack Potts
From Meltzer:

Lashley does a promo in which he states that he will be in the Royal Rumble.

Dang! I was hoping they'd run an angle where the guy said absolutely nothing for the better part of a year. The fans would not only look forward to him viciously dismantling opponents, but they'd be desperately waiting for the moment that he finally spoke. Tazz and Cole could easily get the angle over by building up his in-ring performance, while asking, "When will this guy say something?" The WWE could have continued the angle by having someone attack him or interrupt him everytime he picked up the mic, leading to instant, volcanic heat.

The crowd anticipation for his SPEAKING debut would be tremendous!

Unfortunately, with how they chose to do it or with the above angle, unless Lashley has the voice and eloquence of Dennis Haysbert ("24"), I fear that the IWC will start grumbling about his lack of mic skills and charisma.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned....dear god they actually ARE going with a Batista/Mark Henry feud, aren't they? What is it about the Rumble on Smackdown? At that time of year it seems like they always have some god awful push. This is a lot worse than Bob Holly though.

Oh, and anything involving Orlando Jordan getting a push or involving himself with people with any sort of talent is a waste of time. Just wondering but what was this alleged "solid" match with Benoit? The one at GAB was a piece of fucking shit. Jordan can't do anything more complex than an armbar...I felt sorry for Benoit having to attempt to carry someone as worthless as him.

"Mark Henry beat 3 jobbers in an elimination match."

Dear God, why? When does his ten year contract expire? This year? Hopefuly they won't resign him. But using WWE logic, they probably will if they haven't already.

"One thing that hasn't been mentioned....dear god they actually ARE going with a Batista/Mark Henry feud, aren't they?"

Yes because hosses=ratiings.