TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dolfan483

WWE Smackdown! Superstar Released

Guest Dolfan483

Well apprantely Juvi is gone.

World Wrestling Entertainment and Juventud have to terms on a release from his contract. WWE wishes Juventud the best in all future endeavors.

Source: WWE.COM

Seen this one comin a mile away.....isnt he the Cruiserweight Champion though?

Guest Human Highlight Reel

Dammit, he may have been a hopeless retard, but he could work and put on good matches. Smackdown loses another good one.

Guest Nathan

I just recently started watching again, and the only WWE match of his I saw was the craptacular match with Kash at Armageddon. And based on that match, I say good riddance.

He'll go to TNA, and he'll get released from there too. No one wants to work with him.

He already burnt his bridge with TNA. He was part of "Team Mexico" in the Super X Cup.

I just recently started watching again, and the only WWE match of his I saw was the craptacular match with Kash at Armageddon. And based on that match, I say good riddance.

To be fair, that wasnt a bad match at all, but the crowd was dead, most in part from the Tim White angle.

But its probably good he's gone. It was getting so bad that Crazy and Psicosis didnt even want to have him at ringside during their matches.

Jerry Lynn buries Juvi as an asshole on TNA's Best of X Division Vol 1 DVD.

The worst part about this is the weekly Juventud update was one of the highlights of the WON. Hopefully he causes trouble on the indy scene.

And, although this probably doesn't have anything to do with it, I did note in the SmackDown TV report that Juvi

did the forbidden 450 splash, but missed

From PWInsider:

World Wrestling Entertainment announced today that Juventud Guerrera had been released by the company. Guerrera made his WWE debut this past June as a member of the Mexicools with Psicosis and Super Crazy. Guerrera was given a short stint as Cruiserweight champion, dropping the belt at last month's Armageddon PPV to Kid Kash.

Although considered a very good worker in the ring, Guerrera immediately garnered a ton of heat on him among the wrestlers, even those who would be considered his best friends, for his behavior backstage and in the ring. In recent months, Guerrera had burnt bridges with several workers after they had tried to talk to him only to be blown off. Among the wrestlers, the feeling was that it was a matter of time before he was released.

The last straw after a series of warnings by management appears to have been this past Tuesday at the Smackdown taping where he and Kid Kash went over their scheduled match time by several minutes.

Really not a suprising turn of events at all. It's always a shame when they cut a talented member of the roster though.

What do you reckon his future holds? Wasn't he wrestling a fair bit in Japan before signing with WWE? I seem to remember seeing him in a couple of tag matchs, I think they were in NOAH but I'm not 100%.

As nice as it would be to see him go in ROH, I can't see them taking him on because of his attitude backstage. ROH seems like somewhere that would have a really good atmosphere behind the curtain and I'm sure they could do without Juvi coming in and disrupting it, if he is definatly like he's reported to be out of the ring anyway.

Edited by G_Money

Guest Dam(o)nYankees

To be fair, that wasnt a bad match at all,

It was like watching people wrestle under water.

It's kind of funny that the final straw was the fact that he went long in a match that's being taped for a future airing. Couldn't they let the wrestlers go a little long in a taping (which might actually improve the match & add to the crowd's enjoyment of the show) and then just edit it down to a managable time for the actual airing?

Yeah, but they still need to get out of the building at a certain time, etc, so they can't have every match running too long.

Not surprised by this release, and can't really blame WWE, as it sounds like Juvi was pretty much an ass backstage, if reports are to be believed.

Shame to see that he's gone, though considering his backstage rep, I'm not suprised.

The only problem I saw with that match was that the crowd was extremely apathetic towards it (and keep in mind this continued the entire night with every other match too) - but they both worked hard to try to make something out of what was going to be nothing no matter how you slice it after that Tim White angle. But to each their own.

Yeah, but they still need to get out of the building at a certain time, etc, so they can't have every match running too long.

Not surprised by this release, and can't really blame WWE, as it sounds like Juvi was pretty much an ass backstage, if reports are to be believed.

I could see not letting the guys go too far beyond the scripted duration. But they always have time to re-start matches. Unless this match went 10 minutes too long, I wouldn't think that going a bit long would be that horrible of an offense.

Does this mean Crazy/Psicosis have to surrender the Mexi-Cool gimmick? or will they just pretend Juvy never existed?

I'm surprised Juventud lasted this long, I'm sure he'll find indy work(though, ROH is not going to occur) and maybe international stuff or he'll end up dead in a street corner.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees

The only problem I saw with that match was that the crowd was extremely apathetic towards it (and keep in mind this continued the entire night with every other match too) - but they both worked hard to try to make something out of what was going to be nothing no matter how you slice it after that Tim White angle. But to each their own.

I'm not saying that they weren't working hard, but even as I watch it now, it's just

so slow. The arm work is slow paced (but not methodical or whatever code word you want to use for intense) dull, and went absolutely nowhere because Juventud completely ignored it. The match lasted about 10 minutes, and probably took about seven minutes to get going. And I'm sorry, but no match, let alone a cruiser match, needs four bodyslams.