TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
strummer

WWE to Start Another "Controversial" angle

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it only implied that Adrian Street was gay? I thought that they tried to portray Miss Linda as his wife. (Admittedly, she was so heinous that she was the very definition of a beard, but nonetheless .......)

Guest Arnold_OldSchool

Adrien was all mind games.

His video "I'm in love with me" ranks among my top 5 wrestling camp moments

Aside from killing Orlando's career, this angle will also kill Trinity's career in the Southern US.

Why?

Interracial relationships are still frowned upon over a lot of the southern US.

What he means is, the southern states are full of rednecks.

Why be polite about it? They're a bunch of sociopathic gay-bashing homophobes whose idea of a good way to relate to gays is to bash their skulls in. The sad truth is, the Catholics are actually more tolerant of gays than Protestants are....

I live in South Carolina and am as far from a Redneck as you can get, thank you very much. Way to generalize, jackass.

Fuck this, as an Orlando Jordan fan. He's been pushed as a credible US champion and in the past few weeks turned face somehow, I think he's a great cocky midcard wrestler...this Bi gimmick will fuck his career, which is BS after JBL saved it with Orlando as his chief of staff.

When was Jordan ever pushed as a credible US champion? He barely defended the belt in the five months he held it and even then he was only ever made out to be JBL's lackey.

Aside from killing Orlando's career, this angle will also kill Trinity's career in the Southern US.

Why?

Why be polite about it? They're a bunch of sociopathic gay-bashing homophobes whose idea of a good way to relate to gays is to bash their skulls in.

As a person that lives in a southern state, I will have to call you bluff on that you stupid son of a bitch. The only person that deserves to have their skull crushed in is you - for being such an ignorant asshole.

You and perhaps the WWE creative team.

Why be polite about it?

Why?

Why be polite about it? They're a bunch of sociopathic gay-bashing homophobes whose idea of a good way to relate to gays is to bash their skulls in. The sad truth is, the Catholics are actually more tolerant of gays than Protestants are....

InuYasha: Trinity's not playing a gay character.

Haws bah gawd & twiztedmind: This is 2006. There probably isn't any more racial prejudice in the South than in any other part of the country. Thus, singling out the South isn't fair.

Yeah...ever notice how in a lot of reality shows when they show a couple from the South, they often show interracial couples? I don't live in the South and don't know a lot of people from that area of the country, but acting like this is the 1890s and it's just a bunch of inbred Klansmen is just stupid.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it only implied that Adrian Street was gay? I thought that they tried to portray Miss Linda as his wife. (Admittedly, she was so heinous that she was the very definition of a beard, but nonetheless .......)

Believe it or not he really is married to her.

Guest Chrisly_2005

How many "gay/bisexual" wrestlers have there been? I can think of Rico, Billy & Chuck, The Heart Throbs, and now Orlando Jordan. I am sure I missed some. Who did i miss?

By the way, poor Orlando's career is about over now.

Jesus H. Christ, the generation gap here astounds me these days.

Try: Adrian Adonis, Adrian Streete, Lanny Poffo, Goldust, Brian Christopher/Scott Taylor, Lenny/Lodi, Shawn Michaels. Alright, I made that last one up, but you never know... :P

And, his career is not over. It's just taking a turn for "the stupid".

Yea, i will give you Adonis, Goldust(artist version w/ Luna), Too Cool, and Lenny/Lodi from WCW but i still have no idea who Lanny Poffo. I have heard of Adrian Streete but i had no idea what his gimmick was. When and where were Poffo and Streete wrestling.

Why?

Haws bah gawd & twiztedmind: This is 2006. There probably isn't any more racial prejudice in the South than in any other part of the country. Thus, singling out the South isn't fair.

As I stated earlier, I do live in the south. I take objection to everyone in the south being called a redneck, when I, as well as many others down here, hardly are either. It's mainly those who's only exposure to the south is through Jerry springer and Maury Povich that think the south is full of nothing but inbred, racist, alcoholic redneck assholes.

How many "gay/bisexual" wrestlers have there been? I can think of Rico, Billy & Chuck, The Heart Throbs, and now Orlando Jordan. I am sure I missed some. Who did i miss?

Jesus H. Christ, the generation gap here astounds me these days.

Try: Adrian Adonis, Adrian Streete, Lanny Poffo, Goldust, Brian Christopher/Scott Taylor, Lenny/Lodi, Shawn Michaels. Alright, I made that last one up, but you never know... :P

And, his career is not over. It's just taking a turn for "the stupid".

Yea, i will give you Adonis, Goldust(artist version w/ Luna), Too Cool, and Lenny/Lodi from WCW but i still have no idea who Lanny Poffo. I have heard of Adrian Streete but i had no idea what his gimmick was. When and where were Poffo and Streete wrestling.

Leaping Lanny Poffo from the 80's? The Genius, Mr. Perfect's prancy, nancy-boy manager from the early 90's? Randy Savage's brother?

Streete was another 80's wrestler and is widely credited with coming up with the crossdressing gimmick.

Guest hasbeen

Why?

Do you see the irony in your post, that talks about stereotyping a group of people? The sad truth is, there are bigoted people everywhere you go. Some are just more honest about it than others.

Believe it or not he really is married to her.

Only for the last ... oh, I'd say nine months or so now. They got married at the Cauliflower Alley Club banquet last year. But seriously, everybody thought they were already married well before then, myself included.

Guest hasbeen

Why?

As I stated earlier, I do live in the south. I take objection to everyone in the south being called a redneck, when I, as well as many others down here, hardly are either. It's mainly those who's only exposure to the south is through Jerry springer and Maury Povich that think the south is full of nothing but inbred, racist, alcoholic redneck assholes.

Some people have no idea what it's like in other areas of the country. Quite a few years back I went to a football camp in the midwest, with players from everywhere. One thing I will never forget is how a player from California had the impression everyone from my state went around shoeless (except on Friday nights, the cleats) and shot our own meals out in the woods or didn't eat. If he had been joking in a non-abusive or put down way, it would have been funny, but he was serious. Others weren't that off the track but they had similar wrong impressions. Yes, I'm sure some in the south who've never been to a major northern or western city think it's non-stop murders and everything else you can see on TV. But the southerner is basically the only segment now that can be the BUTT of jokes and ridicule without any backlash. Shame, it's 2006 and some still think that way.

Guest InuYasha

No insult to anyone who may have been angered by my post; but I do live in the South, and I see this almost everyday, especially in Church. So, I'm not pulling this out of my ass, honest.

That sounds like the usual, "I'm not racist...BUT...*says something incredibly racist*. Oh, and I have lots of black friends!"

Shut the fuck up, you InuYasha fan.

IRL Linda was his wife...and what made the gimmick work for Street is that he pissed off the crowd with his feminine antics...then opened up a can of whoop-ass once in the ring. That made people want to see someone rip him apart that much more.

It's also why Rico's tribute didn't work. He got a few wins, and just when you think they were committed to making him a dominant heel, he was either jobbing again or only wrestling on Velocity.

Then got released.

Any time WWE has an idea that has a lot of promise, they'll often drop it if it doesn't get over like gangbusters right away. However, a guy they're high on will get chance after chance even if heatless.

Also common, if it is a bad idea, they assume it is the worker's fault for not making it work.

Can anyone here even remember the last time the Heart-throbs even had a Raw match, let alone won?

They ran out of ideas for the Simon Dean character about 3 weeks in.

Guest InuYasha
That sounds like the usual, "I'm not racist...BUT...*says something incredibly racist*. Oh, and I have lots of black friends!"

So, because I'm exposing the racist attitudes of other people, I'm now a racist? 2+2 doesn't equal 7, Andrew.

Promoters have been booking 'blowjob' tag teams (RnR Express for example) and singles (Tommy Rich) for a long time. Fruity flamboyant guys that got pushes usually due to homo-fellatio.

Guest InuYasha
That's not the meaning behind the term "blowjob tag team."

It's used for pretty boys who are booked on the shows to attract more women.

Well, I'm glad we got that cleared up. :lol:

I find it amusing that he's saying all of these things and is an InuYasha fan at the same time, because the Japanese as a culture are possibly more casually racist and / or xenophobic than are most Southern Americans.

WWE is planning to remake Orlando Jordan and give him a bisexual character. Former TNA valet Trinity and Jordan's real life friend Erik are set to serve as his love interests/managers for the new gimmick. The three will have a love triangle of sorts. Considering how UPN has been somewhat picky with controversial characters, it remains to be seen how far WWE goes with this new character.

CREDIT 411mania.

Why?

To everyone who replied: I didn't say you are ALL Rednecks, I said it's full of them. Maybe not where you live, if you live in a bigger city.. but most of the more isolated towns in the South have a high population of rednecks who don't like inter-racial reltaionships, gays, punks, etc. At least a higher population than the rest of the states and Canada, from what I've seen.

Guest jumpingbombangel
Meltzer's update:

Trinity starts imminently on the main WWE roster playing the female half of a male/female love interest role for the new bisexual Orlando Jordan character.

Hope you enjoyed your career Orlando

Dammit Orlando Jordan making out with other men does not appeal to me and I'm a proud fruit fly/fag hag/queer dear.

If the WWE wants to do anything gay from this day forward, Rico Constantino should automatically be involved. And he should immediately start making out with John Cena because that shit would be hot.

InuYasha doesn't realize that he/she just described the entire human race.

Well, there was also the ignoring of the most notable anti-gay murder of the last ten years being in Wyoming, the land of cotton.