TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SuperJerk

OAO Smackdown Discussion 1-13-06

We already know what happens. It'll be fun to watch anyways, though.

The final battle

January 13, 2006

Last Sunday night at a SmackDown live event, Mark Henry did exactly what he set out to do - he took Batista out of the picture when he injured him so badly that The Animal must now surrender his World Heavyweight Championship. Don't miss SmackDown this Friday night when an injured Batista hands over his title to General Manager Theodore Long.

With Batista no longer the World Heavyweight Champion, Theodore Long will call for a Battle Royal this Friday night to crown a champ.

Also, after nearly two months of vacancy, there will be a new United States Champion crowned when Friday Night SmackDown rolls into Philadelphia this week.

Over the last two weeks, Randy Orton has filled in for Booker T in the Best-of-Seven Series. In that span, Orton has been disqualified twice, and Booker has seen his 3-0 lead evaporate since Armageddon. With the series now tied at 3, Orton will take on Benoit next week in the seventh and deciding match.

Two weeks ago, Sharmell hit Benoit with Booker T’s crutch to get Orton disqualified. Last week, it was an irate Orlando Jordan that did the same thing, making the series a tie. Will the third time be the charm for the Legend Killer, or will the Wolverine finish his comeback from down 3-0 to win the series and the championship? And will Booker T be able to keep Sharmell, Jordan, or anyone else from indirectly costing him the gold?

Plus, Piper's Pit will return to SmackDown this week, and "Rowdy" Roddy Piper's guest will be none other than the bizarre Boogeyman! In recent weeks, the Boogeyman has been seemingly stalking JBL & Jillian Hall. Last week, the Boogeyman caught Jillian, stuffing a handful of worms down her skirt. Will the bizarre newcomer have an explanation for his fascination with JBL & Jillian when he makes his appearance on Piper's Pit?

Be sure to tune in this Friday night at 8/7 CT on UPN to see what happens, and also don't miss Mr. Kennedy live in the studio this Wednesday night on Byte This!

credit: WWE.com

Holy shit. A thread was started before the show even started?

This could be a great thing for Batista's career if he can come back healthy and 100%. It changes things up on SD, which was really needed in my opinion, and his comeback down the road could be huge.

I can't help but feel sorry for the guy though.

Just making sure...

That WAS Ricky Steamboat that Batista first shook hands with, right?

:bonk:

Change your sig so the middle picture is just a blank image with TBD on it. :D

Just making sure...

Nah.

I'll just wait till the show is over to put the picture of the new champ up.

I mean, I was there to see it happen. I've known longer than most here.

Just making sure...

Nah.

Does any one NOT know who the new champ is at this point? I'm not in favor of giving away spoilers, but this is the equivalent of knowing Anakin turns into Vader.

Just making sure...

Nah.

Does any one NOT know who the new champ is at this point? I'm not in favor of giving away spoilers, but this is the equivalent of knowing Anakin turns into Vader.

I'm sure there's a few out there that still don't know. Some people at work I know didn't know, and I didn't tell them.

I have to give credit to the writers for actually compensating pretty well in the best of seven. Utilizing Orton as a replacement, and actually bringing up past continuity (him beating Benoit in the past, Randy getting the chance to prove himself after HIAC) has made this series of matches pretty interesting.

Interesting note: Kurt Angle wins the World Heavyweight Championship in the same city where he lost it to Booker T on July 30, 2001.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
Interesting note: Kurt Angle wins the World Heavyweight Championship in the same city where he lost it to Booker T on July 30, 2001.

You know, not everyone knows who won, Slickster.

And I just can't get into this match. Orton is killing it with these bizarre facial expressions. Somewhere along the way, someone told him that selling and acting was making over the top absurd facials that real human beings don't actually make. It ruined the Taker feud because it was so fucking embarassing to try to sell the product to lesser fans while this idiot is flailing around on the ground ripping his hair out.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees

What is it that Orton is supposedly good at again?

randy1.jpgrandy8.jpgrandy5.jpg

That was uncalled for.