contender match, and Kurt Angle vs Daivari (I'm guessing something will

happen on RAW to set this up).

Lashley defeated JBL. During the match, the Boogeyman came out, distracted

JBL and Lashley got the pin. Boogeyman ate worms in the ring after the

match.

Kurt Angle is walking around backstage, being congratulated by the

Smackdown! superstars. Rey Misterio gets in Kurt's face, then seconds later

Mark Henry also gets in Kurt's face.

JBL is backstage, yelling at Teddy Long to do something about the Boogeyman.

Long makes a match for the Rumble: JBL vs Boogeyman. JBL looks scared.

Booker T and Sharmell come out to celebrate U.S. Title win. Balloons fall

from the ceiling. Out comes Orlando Jordan, demanding a match tonight with

Booker. Booker says he's not cleared to wrestle yet. Jordan shoves Booker

down. Teddy Long comes out and makes a match for later tonight: Randy

Orton (as Booker's substitute) vs. Orlando Jordan.

Matt Hardy defeated Fit Finlay by DQ. At the end of the match, Finlay has

Hardy in the ropes, and starts delivering hard crossfaces. Ref counts to

five, Finlay is still delivering the crossfaces. So the ref DQs Finlay and

awards Hardy the match. Finlay gets on the mic and says "I'll give you

something to DQ me for." He puts Hardy's head on the steel steps and stomps

on his head.

Footage of Batista's surgery is shown, with a message from Batista saying he

will be back.

Rey Misterio vs Mark Henry. Henry kicked out of a 619 and frogsplash.

Henry wins with a powerslam, setting up Henry vs Angle at the Rumble for the

world title. Misterio sold the injured ribs for a good five minutes, and

the refs carried him back to the back.

The Gymini defeated Brian Kendrick and Paul London. Mr. Kennedy at ringside

for this match providing commentary.

Randy Orton defeated Orlando Jordan. At the end, Jordan is on the top rope,

poised to attack Orton. Sharmell and Booker T come down. Booker nails

Jordan with the crutch, Orton follows up with the RKO for the pin.

Afterwards, Chris Benoit comes down and chops the hell out of both Booker

and Orton. That sets up Benoit vs Orton at next week's Smackdown! tapings.

Kurt Angle defeated Daivari by DQ. Mark Henry and Melina at ringside to

scout the match. Angle puts Daivari in the ankle lock, but Melina

interferes, causing the DQ. Angle puts the anklelock on Melina, causing

Henry to come in and attack Angle. Henry nails Angle with the steel steps

and leaves him for dead. Daivari grabs the mic and announces he is the new

manager of Mark Henry, and that he "screwed" Angle. Show ends with Daivari

and Henry celebrating while Angle is hurt outside.

Ric G.

I assumes this means Shawn goes over Angle tomorrow as they are playing up that Kurt was screwed.

Guest JMA

Hardy getting beat up by Finlay? Lame.

Granted, Fit is probably a legit bad-ass, but still.

Guest Princess Leena

Blah. I was hoping they wouldn't go all the way with an Angle face turn. :(

Guest Dam(o)nYankees

The weekly burial of Matt Hardy is easily the best part of Smackdown every week. He's brought this all on himself.

The weekly burial of Matt Hardy is easily the best part of Smackdown every week. He's brought this all on himself.

How did he bring it all on himself? Granted, signing the contract might not have been a great idea...but what did he do to be buried? Not wipe Faggottaker's ass with his tongue?

How did he bring it all on himself? Granted, signing the contract might not have been a great idea...but what did he do to be buried? Not wipe Faggottaker's ass with his tongue?

Faggottaker? No.

He's trying to get himself fired because he's a fucking baby who made his own bed and now has to lie in it.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees

A) Responding to the original situation in the most juvenile way possible.

B) Actually coming back to the company that wanted nothing to do with him four months earlier and not seeing this coming a mile away

C) Being fucking stupid enough to fuck with a man with an ego of the Undertaker.

C.1) Being fucking stupid enough to think that he was too important or on a roll or whatever the hell was his justification for not taking the chokeslam when clearly A) He's not so important that he can't take a move from a four time champion B) He's clearly not on a roll.

Does anyone know the Velocity spoilers?

I'm guessing, due to an overseas or something tour (hence why they tape Velocity this early) Velocity won't have new matches this week.

Guest JMA

Faggottaker? No.

He's trying to get himself fired because he's a fucking baby who made his own bed and now has to lie in it.

I don't see how he made his own bed. He came back to WWE with a built in angle that, booked right, would've made the company money. He wrongly put his trust into the shitty writers, but I don't think that's the same as "making his bed." Yet despite all their attempts to bury him, he remains over with the fans. It's a strange situation, no doubt.

Perhaps Matt SHOULD stop caring and try to get fired. Honestly, why should he even try anymore? What's the point of doing something if you know you're destined to fail?

I don't see how he made his own bed. He came back to WWE with a built in angle that, booked right, would've made the company money. He wrongly put his trust into the shitty writers, but I don't think that's the same as "making his bed." Yet despite all their attempts to bury him, he remains over with the fans. It's a strange situation, no doubt.

Perhaps Matt SHOULD stop caring and try to get fired. Honestly, why should he even try anymore? What's the point of doing something if you know you're destined to fail?

He should have known that Vince does not like to lose, and that he was only rehired because people chanting his name ruined Vince's shows. Just picture if Brock Lesnar came back this week. The guy is a 3-time champ and one of the most protected workers in the history of the WWWF/E and even HE would be jobbed out mercilessly because Vince is vindictive enough to destroy his own product simply to prove that he's always "right". I would feel bad for Matt if he hadn't been stupid enough to walk away from what I can only imagine would be decent money and a better career path had he chosen TNA and/or the indies instead of being a higher paid, completely miserable jobber.

Guest JMA

He should have known that Vince does not like to lose, and that he was only rehired because people chanting his name ruined Vince's shows. Just picture if Brock Lesnar came back this week. The guy is a 3-time champ and one of the most protected workers in the history of the WWWF/E and even HE would be jobbed out mercilessly because Vince is vindictive enough to destroy his own product simply to prove that he's always "right". I would feel bad for Matt if he hadn't been stupid enough to walk away from what I can only imagine would be decent money and a better career path had he chosen TNA and/or the indies instead of being a higher paid, completely miserable jobber.

I see what you're saying and I agree to an extent. But I also remember a large number of fans wanting Matt to go back to WWE. Factoring in that and the money and recognition, I can't really blame him that much for going back. To be honest, the temptation of all that might've overridden my common sense as well.

He's certainly guilty of putting his trust in deeply stupid people, but I don't see how that means he deserved to be buried. At this point Matt really should just be looking out for himself. I normally wouldn't support that, but there's really not much else he can do.

But getting away from Matt's side for a second, what annoys me more is that a potentially great angle was ruined because of ego and stubborness. As you said, Vince doesn't like to lose. Yet he has no problem making the fans lose--and they did.

B) Actually coming back to the company that wanted nothing to do with him four months earlier and not seeing this coming a mile away

C) Being fucking stupid enough to fuck with a man with an ego of the Undertaker.

C.1) Being fucking stupid enough to think that he was too important or on a roll or whatever the hell was his justification for not taking the chokeslam when clearly A) He's not so important that he can't take a move from a four time champion B) He's clearly not on a roll.

Damn...thats some middle school reasoning right there. wwe could have booked him well and made alot of money (merchandising especially) but instead only want to bury him for ridiculous reasons. Wouldnt take a pointless chokeslam by an old man...ooooo. ;)

Guest JMA

In the end, burying a guy that is over and you could make you money is just bad business. There's no way around that fact. Whether a promoter likes or dislikes a wrestler, he should still push him if it will benefit himself and/or the company. That's all I have to say about that.

On a related note, if Matt is "getting what he deserves," then when are the WWE writers going to "get what they deserve"? Don't they deserve something for constantly botching things?

Guest JMA

....then when are the WWE writers going to "get what they deserve"? Don't they deserve something for constantly botching things?

Does getting impregnated by Hunter count?

I was thinking more along the lines of Gerwitz getting broom raped by Bradshaw.

....then when are the WWE writers going to "get what they deserve"? Don't they deserve something for constantly botching things?

Does getting impregnated by Hunter count?

I was thinking more along the lines of Gerwitz getting broom raped by Bradshaw.

I think I'd rather get broom raped.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees

Damn...thats some middle school reasoning right there.

Discount Matt Hardy acting like a four year old and airing his dirty laundry all over the internet, encouraging people to ruin segments and so on. Ignore him being so god damned stupid to fall for the WWE's trap. This whole deal with the Undertaker is one of the most bizarre situations I've seen in years that showcases Hardy's pure stupidity and alarming insanity.

Obviously Undertaker isn't quite right. He's a huge mark for himself and he's kind of crazy and just generally appears to be an relatively unpleasant person to people who annoy him. So fucking Matt Hardy goes out of his way to annoy him?

That alone would be a story. But the idea that Matt Hardy has descended so far into his own insanity that he's decided that he's such a big star with so much momentum (which in fact, no, on both counts) that he's bigger than four time champion, 480 year WWE star Undertaker? Matt Hardy, the man who had lost clean to ROB CONWAY in recent months was far too big to take a chokeslam?

Am I the only one who notices the crazy?

Guest JMA

I'm guessing the JBL/Boogeyman match will have some kind of non-decisive finish. Probably either a DQ or countout.

I assumes this means Shawn goes over Angle tomorrow as they are playing up that Kurt was screwed.

I hope not, since not only would that make SD look bad by having Michaels go over their champion, but Michaels was the one who eliminated him from the Elimination Chamber.

Not everyone can win every match.

Hardy lasted pretty damn long in the battle royal. What other mid to upper-carder do you guys think Hardy should be going over? Rey? Orton? Booker? Benoit? JBL?