TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
GreatWhiteNope

MTV is starting a wrestling promotion

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.asp?id=15729&p=1

LOTS OF DETAILS ON MTV WRESTLING PILOT INCLUDING TALENT SCHEDULED, TICKET INFORMATION AND MORE

by Mike Johnson @ 10:00:00 AM on 1/21/2006

The MTV-Big Vision Entertainment professional wrestling pilot that will be filmed on 2/9 in Los Angeles, California is slated to feature Sean Waltman, Teddy Hart, Jack Evans, New Jack, Vampiro, PJ Polaco (formerly Justin Credible), and Matt Sydal.

The as of yet unnamed promotion is currently seeking an announcer and have taken out solicitations in several West Coast outlets, including Craigslist.org seeking potential applicants. The solicitation noted the pilot is "Looking for a hip and trendy “MTV style” commentator that can grab hold of the action. Should be 20-30, quick on his/her feet and very attractive. Knowledgeable in Wrestling. Sports commentary or News broadcasting experience a plus, high energy a must!"

While the venue for the taping has not yet been announced, tickets to the show will be free but limited to several hundred fans. Big Vision intends to distribute ticket vouchers online via wrestling media outlets (including PWInsider.com) with a certain amount of "guaranteed" tickets and a larger amount of first come, first serve general admission tickets.

According to one source, the taping will feature a very "MTV-esque" product meshing what was described to me as a reality-based product that would be fueled by music and produced as "something completely different" in comparison to WWE and TNA. MTV is working hand in hand with Big Vision on the development of the pilot and I am told that the booking has already mapped out, approved by MTV, and is set in stone.

Guest FromBeyondTheGrave
What are the odds that the MIZ will be the champion?
Zero? He has a WWE contract, and is wrestling in OVW. He's suppose to be getting called up soon.
Why would'nt MIZ be featured on the MTV wrestling show afterall he is on every damn Real World spinoff.

Under WWE contract?

I could actually see this becoming something that isn't terrible, honestly. Anybody remember the "WCW Lockdown" idea that was going to be used if WCW were bought by Fusient Sports and not sold to Vince? I remember one of the ideas being that there were hidden cameras all throughout the back to catch all of the action, and all legal dilemmas (save for outright murder, IIRC) were to be waived when occurring in the arena.

Sounds promising, to say the very least. It will probably suck due to only being given a half hour to an hour a week, most of it being filled with interviews and extremely short clips of the matches, but hey: it's something new.

What are the odds that the MIZ will be the champion?
Zero? He has a WWE contract, and is wrestling in OVW. He's suppose to be getting called up soon.
Why would'nt MIZ be featured on the MTV wrestling show afterall he is on every damn Real World spinoff.

Under WWE contract?

But if it's a reality tv show it would not be direct competition?

Guest FromBeyondTheGrave

WWE won't see it as a reality show, they'll see it as a different wrestling promotion and won't want it's contracted talent wrestling with guys like X-Pac, Justin Credible, and frickin' New Jack.

Guest Evolution
http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.asp?id=15729&p=1

The as of yet unnamed promotion is currently seeking an announcer and have taken out solicitations in several West Coast outlets, including Craigslist.org seeking potential applicants. The solicitation noted the pilot is "Looking for a hip and trendy “MTV style” commentator that can grab hold of the action. Should be 20-30, quick on his/her feet and very attractive. Knowledgeable in Wrestling. Sports commentary or News broadcasting experience a plus, high energy a must!"

Well, at least they got that.

There are only two possible end results for this idea.

1. What happens with the taping might be a start for a new huge promotion.

2. This will be one huge clusterfuck that will entertain everyone who tunes in.

The pilot will be filmed....and thats the last we will hear of it.

There are only two possible end results for this idea.

1. What happens with the taping might be a start for a new huge promotion.

2. This will be one huge clusterfuck that will entertain everyone who tunes in.

This is going to be the birth of the crossover success for New Jack.

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.asp?id=15744&p=1

MATCHES FEATURING WEST COAST TALENT ANNOUNCED FOR MTV PRO WRESTLING PILOT TAPING IN LOS ANGELES

by Mike Johnson @ 3:30:00 PM on 1/21/2006

California wrestling website SoCalUncensored.com is reporting that several dark matches have been booked for the 2/9 MTV-Big Vision Entertainment pilot taping in Los Angeles, California. According to the website, "These matches are so that MTV execs and the show's writers and producers can see talent that may be offered contracts if the show is picked up for a full season."

Matches scheduled for dark bouts are:

*Puma vs. Tommy Williams

*Human Tornado vs. Delirious vs. Luke

*Disco Machine & Joey Ryan & Topgun Talwar vs. Scorpio Sky & Zokre & Phoenix Star

Names scheduled for the actual pilot taping portion of the project include Sean Waltman, New Jack, Vampiro, Jack Evans, Matt Sydal, and Teddy Hart.

http://socaluncensored.com/article863.html

SCU - MTV Wrestling Pilot Exclusive - Dark Matches plus ticket giveaway

Posted by Steven Bryant on Saturday, January 21, 2006 @ 1:11 AM Pacific

Big Vision Entertainment and MTV will be producing a new television pilot for MTV on Thursday, February 9th in Los Angeles.

Now SoCalUNCENSORED.com brings you exclusive news on two dark matches featuring SoCal talent, as well as a special bonus match. Plus an exclusive ticket offer for readers of SCU.

Click below for more information.

Big Vision Entertainment and MTV Dark Matches

Disco Machine & Joey Ryan & Topgun Talwar vs. Scorpio Sky & Zokre & Phoenix Star

Puma vs. Tommy Williams

And the bonus match of Human Tornado vs. Delirious vs. Luke

Other wrestlers taking part include Vampiro, Justin Credible, Sean Waltman, New Jack, Jack Evans, Matt Sydal, and Teddy Hart.

These matches are so that MTV execs and the show's writers and producers can see talent that may be offered contracts if the show is picked up for a full season.

As far as tickets to the taping goes, "first come, first serve" tickets will be available at PWG's event this Saturday and a number of local shows before February 9th, however as an exclusive for SCU readers, Big Vision Entertainment will be giving away a limited number of "Guaranteed Tickets".

In order to get the Guaranteed Tickets, send me an e-mail at [email protected] with the subject "MTV TICKETS" and include your name, address, and e-mail. All e-mails will be forwarded to Big Vision Entertainment, and they will mail tickets out to you.

There are only a limited number of these tickets available, and all requests need to be in by February 2nd.

More info will be posted as it's announced.

I can see this getting fairly popular. MTV has a core audience of people that will watch absolutely anything that they put on their channel, so you take those people and add whatever wrestling fans watch, and it has a very good chance of success.

I could actually see this becoming something that isn't terrible, honestly. Anybody remember the "WCW Lockdown" idea that was going to be used if WCW were bought by Fusient Sports and not sold to Vince? I remember one of the ideas being that there were hidden cameras all throughout the back to catch all of the action, and all legal dilemmas (save for outright murder, IIRC) were to be waived when occurring in the arena.

Sounds promising, to say the very least. It will probably suck due to only being given a half hour to an hour a week, most of it being filled with interviews and extremely short clips of the matches, but hey: it's something new.

I remember that, but WCW wasn't going to use that idea. That was just an IWC writer kicking around a fresh idea that WCW *should* try.

I was actually thinking about this idea today. It has a ton of promise, and is a really cool premise, but I doubt any promotion will actually implement it.

When does one film a pilot for a wrestling show?

Dumbest idea ever.

Um, there have actually been quite a few pilots done for wrestling promotions throughout the years, believe it or not.

Yeah I know and they didn't work.

Wrestling isn't like a TV show. You need to build an audience first, blah blah blah. You guys know how it works.

I wonder if this is the project Tod Gordon said he was working on.

No, it's not. That's Xtreme Fight Club and going to be heardquartered in Philly, and is going to be on a much smaller scale. This promotion is being headed by Kevin Kleinrock's video company.

There's another huge name that's going to be involved in the project, but I don't want to let the cat out of the bag quite yet.

Heyman.

No, it's not. That's Xtreme Fight Club and going to be heardquartered in Philly, and is going to be on a much smaller scale. This promotion is being headed by Kevin Kleinrock's video company.

There's another huge name that's going to be involved in the project, but I don't want to let the cat out of the bag quite yet.

Are you talking about the XFC or the MTV promotion?

Heyman.

Heyman is under WWE contract. Next.

I'm waiting for the Bam Margera and the CKY Crew run ins..................

Fred Durst makes his return, showing off his amazing wrestling skills in earning the first ever MTV television title. First world champion, Andrew WK.

First world champion, Andrew WK.

Who would be WK's first challenger? The lead singer of Linkin Park?

I guess Nelly would feud with Durst over the TV title.

First world champion, Andrew WK.

Who would be WK's first challenger? The lead singer of Linkin Park?

I guess Nelly would feud with Durst over the TV title.

The lead singer of My Chemical Romance. He's already dressed like an indy wrestler most of the time now anyway. With a run in by Hawthorne Heights lead singer JT Woodruff.

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.asp?id=16041&p=1

LOTS OF MTV PILOT UPDATES FOR NEXT WEEK'S TAPING IN LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA

by Mike Johnson @ 9:20:00 PM on 2/1/2006

The scheduled 2/9 MTV-Big Vision Wrestling pilot in Los Angeles, California ran into some issues this week in regard to budgeting for the taping. One source claimed that MTV, which is bankrolling the taping, had slashed the budget in the last week. A source close to Big Vision (who are producing the taping) shot that story down, but did note that the pilot budget was higher than MTV had originally anticipated, mostly due to technical aspects of the taping.

MTV is looking to lock in all signed contracted talents that will be appearing on the pilot for one season, so they are in place should the pilot be greenlit and go into production. There's no word on how many 30 minutes episodes the season would contain. This led to a slight issue regarding contracts. MTV's contracts for the project calls for the wrestlers to be paid on a per appearance basis. However, the contract also featured a no compete clause that would prevent them from working for any other televised wrestling outlets (no matter how large or small) once they agreed to the pilot terms.

While such things are typical within the TV industry when signing to do a TV pilot (so actors are available to tape a series once they are picked up), the mentality of wrestling world works a little different, which has led to concerns from some of the talent involved and their representatives. The fear was that the wrestlers could effectively be freezing themselves out of bookings without guarantee of an entire season. There are discussions ongoing and it is expected that everyone would sign the agreements, once certain items were revised. Big Vision Entertainment was working with MTV to take care of the matter over the last several days. I haven't gotten the impression that the situation was a deal breaker for any of the talent scheduled, but was a concern that was being addressed.

Although the pilot has been referred to as "Unititled Wrestling Project" in all paperwork and contracts, I have heard the promotion initials will likely be WSX, although that isn't 100% confirmed.

The pilot taping is scheduled to feature Sean Waltman, Teddy Hart, Jack Evans, New Jack, Vampiro, PJ Polaco (formerly Justin Credible), and Matt Sydal. Lizzy Valentine (formerly Valentina) and Altar Boy Luke are also booked to appear at the taping. There will also be dark matches on the taping featuring Puma vs. Tommy Williams, Human Tornado vs. Delirious vs. Luke, and a six man tag bout featuring Disco Machine & Joey Ryan & Topgun Talwar vs. Scorpio Sky & Zokre & Phoenix Star. The plan is to present a product that is completely different from WWE and TNA's TV entities.

Ronnie Lang's Atlas Security, who did a great job handling security for Extreme Championship Wrestling, are being brought to California to oversee the taping, which is being held at a secret location that has yet to be announced in Los Angeles. The location is expected to be a warehouse that has been converted into a soundstage for the pilot. The live crowd, originally planned to number around 500, has now been reduced to an expected 300 fans. Tickets were distributed last week among several wrestling websites, including PWInsider.com's Elite section.

The solicitation noted the pilot is "Looking for a hip and trendy “MTV style” commentator that can grab hold of the action.

Mark Madden?