TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hawk 34

Lance Storm retirement over

Fresh from ROHWRESTLING.COM

----------------------------------------

Lance Storm has won titles everywhere he has gone from Japan to SMW to ECW to WCW to WWE. He retired from the ring last June with no reason to ever return. Now Storm has the itch and it is all because of one athlete. He has found his love for the sport of pro wrestling again and it is because of ROH World Champion Bryan Danielson.

Storm and Danielson came face-to-face at "Steel Cage Warfare" on December 3rd. Storm told Danielson that if he were ever to come out of retirement it would be to wrestle someone like him. Since that time the itch began to grow in Storm and he felt the need to return to the ring to compete against Danielson.

Storm has signed one of Bryan Danielson's open contracts for a World Title shot. It will be Lance Storm vs. Bryan Danielson for the ROH World Title on April 1st in Chicago (ROHwrestling.com, 215-781-2500, Ticketmaster outlets for tickets and info). Of course, Danielson must still be champion on April 1st. Even if Danielson loses the belt, it will still be Danielson vs. Storm on 4/1 in Chicago.

"After a 10 month absence, I will be returning to active competition April 1st to challenge the current ROH World Champion Bryan Danielson," Storm said. "I now have 10 weeks to get myself in the best shape of my life. I have never been more focused or set in a direction as I am right now. My only hope is that he is still the Champion come April 1st as a World Title run is the only thing that has eluded me in my career."

Ive got tickets to all three triple shot shows, and was surprised and pleased at this. I'm not that huge on Storm even though I loved his WCW work. But this should be good regardless of my opinions.

That was a quick retirement.

Alot longer than most retirements in wrestling :P

I havent watched ROH in quite some time but people tell me they have become better (with the announcing, less spotty wrestling etc). I'd love to see Lanve vs Bryan. I'll probably try to see that match. It should be great.

When they say he retired last June, it was only after two matches. Before that, Storm hadn't wrestled since soon after WrestleMania XX. So if you want to get technical, aside from those two matches (which Storm only came back due to the ECW pay-per-view) Storm was retired/inactive for two years. I would say this is a big deal.

Should be a decent match, although I don't consider Storm to be either a really big name or anything more than a competent worker. Over at the ROH board they're acting like it's Benoit or something.

yeah i believe fifth row and general admission tickets are still on sale for the 4/1 show.

That is really good news to hear. Storm can bring the fucking workrate to anything hes involved in, and this match with Danielson should be a classic. Danielson can GO in a match, and so can Storm. I would love to see Storm as a World Champion, but I think they should keep with title on Danielson for the time being. Let the veteran get taken down by the young champion, and it could be one of Danielson's biggest victories..

Guest shark boy super fan

I have a feeling Storm might become a semmi regular in ring of honor after this. I wouldn't mind it and i don't think anyone else would.

Guest wildpegasus
If Lance Storm can't hit **** with Danielson, regardless of the ring rust, he's officially overrated.

Please understand that I'm not slighting Dragon here but .....

Well, nobody else that I have seen has hit 4 stars with Dragon with the possible exception of Low-Ki (do wanna see the Dragon/Noble match) so if Storm can't than how does that make him underrated?

If Lance Storm can't hit **** with Danielson, regardless of the ring rust, he's officially overrated.

Please understand that I'm not slighting Dragon here but .....

Well, nobody else that I have seen has hit 4 stars with Dragon with the possible exception of Low-Ki (do wanna see the Dragon/Noble match) so if Storm can't than how does that make him underrated?

Samoa Joe

Austin Aries

Roderick Strong

CM Punk

Matt Sydal

Doug Williams

Christopher Daniels

Jamie Gibson

Paul London

Homicide

AJ Styles

all have hit 3 3/4 - 4+ snowflakes with Danielson.

How was Danielson/Evans from whatever show back during the height of Gen-Next? I heard it was Evans best match up until his FIP match with Strong. I'm interested in seeing it, but is it really THAT good and what show was it on?

Survival of the Fittest 05. Danielson, basically stretched Jack into a human pretzel. No human should bend like that.

Not a great "match", but a good spectacle.

Also, I forgot to include SPANKY on my wrestlers, Danielson hit 4 *'s with list.

Maybe Storm wants to break Funk's record of "Official Retirements"
Yeah so far the number is "1"

not quite Terry Funk territory now is it? :bonk:

Danielson/Evans is a real fun match, but too short to be anything great. Evans only run of offence is pretty crappy too, but everything with Danielson in control is highly entertaining stuff. Evans is stretched into knots in as literal a fashion as is humanly possible.

And it was Survival of the Fittest 2004 it was on, not 05. Highly recommended show.

Danielson/Evans is a real fun match, but too short to be anything great. Evans only run of offence is pretty crappy too, but everything with Danielson in control is highly entertaining stuff. Evans is stretched into knots in as literal a fashion as is humanly possible.

And it was Survival of the Fittest 2004 it was on, not 05. Highly recommended show.

Yeah, 04. I'm still in that 2005 shiftover zone. When, 2004 feels like last year.

even though 05 was last year...

Also, another good Danielson match that i excluded was Marufuji.

*wonders how much ROH is paying him*

*wonders who didn't forsee this*

*KNOWS that only smarks on the internet will care*

What's your point?

That's ROH's fanbase! And if a Danielson v. Storm match gets rave reviews, it will do huge for tape sales. So people will care.

I kinda care.... kinda.... like.... the match will hopefully not be the A-Typical Lance Storm match.... but meh.... not expecting much.... ah---meh.... yea, I really don't kinda care.