TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

This week in the NBA

Michael Olowokandi is a bigger bust that Kwame. At least Kwame potentially had an upside. The Kandy man was relatively useless even in college.

I can't say he's the biggest, because the talent in the 98 draft, in which Michael Olowokandi went 1st, is mind blowing.

Mike Bibby, Vince Carter, Paul Pierce, Antawn Jamison, Larry Hughes, Dirk Nowitzki, Bonzi Wells, Jason Williams and Ricky Davis in the first rd. That's a stacked draft, and the first four guys had great college careers and deserved #1 consideration.

Olowokandi is the biggest bust. I watched that guy on a nightly basis for years, he didn't improve once and I didn't understand why they drafted him. I know Livingston and that Russian dude Korolev aren't going to be that good either.

Where does Darko fit in all of this talk of busts? Will that guy ever see playing time or will he just go home with a ring and likely the easiest $8-10 million dollars ever made by a top 2 draft pick?

At least he got a ring. I don't know what's in store for him, he's probably the next Tskitishvilli or something like that.

Hell, Jordan was like the only one who had Kwame that high on the board, I remember a lot of people saying he should go with the safe pick of Battier since he was planning on coming back to play.

While the Brown selection was a mistake. Battier would not of been a poor choice for the number one overall selection. No one player in that draft looking back really was a deserving number one choice.

I'm still trying to figure out how Jordan thought he could be as good an executive as he was player.

And half the reason all of these tall stiffs get drafted so high for that reason. They're tall, and take up space. As the old adage goes, you can't teach height.

I'm still holding out a small modicum of hope for Darko, but I don't think he is going to amount to anything in the league, or the Pistons at any rate.

Yeah, Darko is a project who just happens to be on a team thats so good that they can't afford to run him out there for 20 minutes a night. I will say that once the Pistons lock up home court throughout the playoffs, he should be starting or at least getting 20 minutes a game because the only way he will develop is if he plays enough to get his confidence up. Last year at the end of the season when he played, he was actually somewhat impressive, now its just a matter of him sustaining that confidence and aggression. If the Pistons can get ANYTHING out of Darko, I'm talking him coming in maybe 8-10 solid minutes, and making some shots, rebounding, blocks, just him being an active big man, then look out because I don't see anyone who would be able to beat them in a 7 game series

Seriously though, looking back at that draft, who would you have really taken Number 1 overall in the draft. People laughed at memphis for taking Gasol, and people thought drafting Zach Randolf was idiotic. With that draft, I can't blame anyone for making a bad pick. There was simply no clear number once pick in that draft.

But then to get in the kids face(Jordon), bench him when he makes a few mistakes(collins) and trash him in the media (Collins and Jordon), they basically killed the guys career. Alot of people will say that is bullshit, and that he has had plenty of time to develop since then, but seriously, his rookie year he would post a quick double double, have a tough next game then ride the bench for the next four because he had a tough game.

Then you look at a guy like Amare Stoudimire, he would have a great game, then have 2 bad games as a rookie, but Frank Johnson would keep him out there so that he would learn and get better. Thats how you have to play a rookie that you plan on being the future of your franchise.

I personally think that if you take Kwame out of situations where the guard dominates the ball and he only gets the ball if they can't get a shot themselves(which he has had his entire career with Jordan, Arenas and now Kobe) then he would be decent.

Guest Princess Leena
So to all you Leafs, Flyers, 76ers, Knicks, Mets, Cubs, Jazz, NY Giants, Eagles, Jets, Cavs, Bucks, Pacers, Blackhawks, Sabres, Phillies, Browns, Bengals, Sonics and Clippers fans; don't ever give up on your team. The feeling when they eventually win it all will be great. Don't ever give up Knicks fans, even if it takes 10 years for them to get back to the playoffs.

No. When they start winning, then I leave.

Unless it's the Bills, who I'll always hate deep down... but follow out of habit.

I know Livingston and that Russian dude Korolev aren't going to be that good either.

Livingston is going to be a allstar if he can stay healthy. I am saying it now.

I also think Livingston can be good if he stays healthy. Thing is, the guy is like 6'7 and 180ibs. He won't be able to take the normal wear and tear an NBA body goes through without getting to at least over 2 bills in the weight dept.

I think Livingston has a chance to become a good player but a disappointment from what was expected from him, Korolev has no chance.

I only put in teams that haven't won one ever or in a long time. If I hate a team, they aren't in there.

Question about a Fantasy Trade I'm about to make and everyone heres oppinions. Do you think I should make this trade??

I'd be getting Dwayne Wade and Corey Maggette for Chris Kaman and Michael Redd.

Maggette is out, but I'd prob just drop him and pick someone else up, plus I don't necessarily need Kaman because I have Yao and Camby. My league only scores in Points, Rebounds and Assists, so I think I can really help myself with this trade, but I was just curious as to wha everyone else thought.

Make the trade, and keep Maggette on the bench. If it's points rebounds and assists, Wade is better than Redd. Since you have Yao and Camby, there's no reason for Kaman.

The Knicks find new ways to suck every night. This time, down by one with 2 seconds left and with the ball, they can't even pass the ball in and get called for a five second violation.

Keep Maggette on the bench?? I thought he was out for the season??

Whats the news on him? And what kinda numbers would he put up if he came back??

It would be good to get a good player that may come back, but I already have Jermaine O Neal sitting on my bench just to come back for the last week of the season and the 2 week playoff period(and thats only if he's back as soon as hopefully possible)so I really dunno for sure.