TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
starvenger

The Amazing Race 9

Yep, we're back to 11 teams of two. CBS posted the cast list and here are some quick thoughts:

Names: BJ Averell (26, Online Tutor, Los Angeles, CA) and Tyler MacNiven (25, Filmmaker, San Francisco, CA)

Relationship: Best friends

Must... kill... hippies...

Names: Scott Braginton-Smith (41, Sales, West Harwich, MA) and John Lowe (38, Wealth Manager, Dorchester, MA)

Relationship: Life-long friends

George Lopez and William Mapother team up for the Race.

Names: Yolanda Brown-Moore (27, Science Teacher, Chicago, IL) and Ray Whitty (31, Attorney, Chicago, IL)

Relationship: Dating

Ray looks... intense.

Names: Monica Cayce (23, Student, Fayetteville, AK) and Joseph Meadows (23, Homebuilder, Fort Smith, AK)

Based on Monica's looks alone, Joseph is one lucky bastard.

Michelle (36, Homemaker) and Lake (37, Dentist) Garner (Hattiesburg, MS)

Relationship: Married Parents

Final Three potential

Names: Joni Glaze (44, Children's Minister, Katy, TX) and Lisa Hinds (48, Realtor/Artist, Santa Rosa Beach, FL)

Relationship: Sisters

First out, I hope.

Names: Fran (61, Retired Accountant) and Barry (63, Retired Physician) Lazarus (Silverthorne, CO)

Relationship: Married 40 years

Awesome last name. Will probably do better than I'd expect.

Names: Wanda Lopez-Rochford (44, Corporate Trainer, Smyrna, GA) and Desiree Cifre (24, Writer, New York, NY)

Relationship: Mother and Daughter

Parent/Sibling teams never do well. Desiree's cute though.

Names: Jeremy Ryan (26, Valet, Fort Lauderdale, FL) and Eric Sanchez (27, Waiter, Fort Lauderdale, FL)

Relationship: Friends

Probably most likely to win.

Names: Dani Torchio and Danielle Turner (22, Recent College Graduates, Staten Island, NY)

Relationship: Childhood Friends

Nice racks. Not looking forward to the Long Island accents though.

Names: Lori Willems (25, Pizza Hut Manager, Manhattan, KS) and David Spiker (30, Musician, Manhattan, KS)

I take that back. These two will be the first out.

"The men differ in that John admits to being to controlling at times where Scott is not controlling at all."

Probably.

I can't believe anyone would publicize the fact that they're an assistant manager at a Pizza Hut.

Slayer, what can you tell us about Manhattan, Kansas?

Glad you asked, starvenger!

...actually I have no idea what you want to know.

I did live there for a year in the late 90's (while attending KSU, of course), so I can tell you nearly anything you want to know.

Someone from LA, and he's paired with a guy from SF, and he has to be a hippie. Oh well, I'll watch as usual.

Glad you asked, starvenger!

...actually I have no idea what you want to know.

I did live there for a year in the late 90's (while attending KSU, of course), so I can tell you nearly anything you want to know.

Well, for one, does every local male there look like Scott Keith?

Kidding. Just want to know what the atmosphere of the town is like. Suburban, small town, big city... that sort of thing.

Just want to know what the atmosphere of the town is like. Suburban, small town, big city... that sort of thing.

Eclectic mix of midwest farm town and college community. That's the best way to describe it

Just want to know what the atmosphere of the town is like. Suburban, small town, big city... that sort of thing.

Eclectic mix of midwest farm town and college community. That's the best way to describe it

Right. Regardless, I think that Pizza the Hutt and his gf will be first to go.

I'm stoked on the NYC sluts already.

I've seen the one on the right in their profile quite a few times. Sadly, I was always with my then girlfriend at the time so I was never allowed to gawk the way I will once the show begins. There's no way they can win unless CBS is conspiring to only allow hot chicks named Danni/Dani/Danielle to succeed this year. My guess for first elimination is the black duo since that theory that the lone black representives always dies first works in the movies.

I'm stoked on the NYC sluts already.

I've seen the one on the right in their profile quite a few times. Sadly, I was always with my then girlfriend at the time so I was never allowed to gawk the way I will once the show begins. There's no way they can win unless CBS is conspiring to only allow hot chicks named Danni/Dani/Danielle to succeed this year. My guess for first elimination is the black duo since that theory that the lone black representives always dies first works in the movies.

But Uchenna and Joyce won the last Race that mattered...

So far, this is the most likable group of teams. The two dudes (Eric and Jeremy) are hilarious. The Hippies great. Jo and Monica are great just in relation to the hippies. The New York Blondes offer some nice eye candy.

Dag Gummit.

This is what they _need_ to have: The Hippies bringing a lil bit of their herbal flavour to the show, and then the Frat boys joining them and then the nerds joining them and then the old folk joining them.

Nickname update:

Eric and Jeremy - Frat Boys

BJ and Tyler - Hippies

Danielle and Dani - Double D

Lisa and Joni - the Cougars

Monica and Joseph - MoJo

Lori and David - Nerds

Good opener, but then, aren't they all?

John and Scott could've been the new Cha Cha Cha, but sadly, they weren't even close. No "villains" emerged yet, but I'm still rooting for the Frat Boys to win, if only to hear about how they blew the money in "Star Weekly"...

The last two teams I wanted to both lose. "OH MY GAAA-WWWD" I want them dead. Ok, not dead. Just off my TV. Yeah, maybe that's a lil mellower.

Can we not acknowledge the MoJo name? They have fucking T-shirts dedicated to it..

Thoughts:

- Ahh, people from Arkansas trying to speak Spanish. I missed this greatly.

- Desiree's got a Katie Holmes-Jessica Alba latina combo deal going. Me like.

- The "Glamazons" are this year's Weavers to me. SOOO fucking annoying. They deserved to beat the Massholes though; they never got it going.

- Double D's are cute, but WAY too fucking tanned.

- I agree that there are a whole lot more likeable teams than unlikeable ones this season, which is very good. The hippies are tolerable and the nerds are a cute couple (though I'm expecting David to yell out "BONZO GONZO!" any time now).

- Lake is Colin without the awesomeness.

The last two teams I wanted to both lose. "OH MY GAAA-WWWD" I want them dead. Ok, not dead. Just off my TV. Yeah, maybe that's a lil mellower.

Can we not acknowledge the MoJo name? They have fucking T-shirts dedicated to it..

Good point. Got another nickname?

My thoughts:

I'm sitting there watching the show with my folks, and for two straight hours, we are sitting there saying "Those two have to be gay" when it comes to Scott and John for about two hours. If they aren't, get them an agent, because they play the part well.

GET THOSE AMAZONS OFF MY DAMN TV! FOR GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD's SAKES!

When Ray turned around to those guys when the guys were checking his girl out, I was laughing my ass off. He looked like he was gonna kill one of them.

The Hippies are my favorite team. End of story. How can you not like them?

Nerds have to be second. Dad: "Are they brother and sister? They look so much alike."

Double D's... :wub:

I have a feeling that the mother/daughter team here will do much better than all the ones in the past. They seem to have everything together right now. Of course, anything can happen in the next leg.

Great way to start out. Can't wait for next week.