TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

Michael Cole & Tazz Get Radio Show On Sirius

Guest Desperate Housewife

Actually did play a journalist in Sports Night.

Meltzer is anti-WWE biased (because the WWE fired Cornette amongst other reasons). Can't be trusted

Guest Rubin

Meltzer is good for news reports, but his opinions are crap for the most part. Anybody who doesn't see that he's biased is either unaware or playing the same game as he does. He's all about putting over his friends/slash backstage stooges and bashing whoever he doesn't like. He's increased his WWE negativity and his TNA cheerleading ever since Mike Tenay became apart of the TNA booking team. He overhypes TNA and puts a positive spin on them with everything, while having this anti-WWE stance.

As Desparate Housewife said, him not liking how WWE has treated his backstage stooges also factors in. That, and him being a UFC markboy in additon to TNA.

How is Bubba disloyal?

Ok, possible bad choice of words. But I think anyone who goes after HHH is wasting their time. Criticise Creative if you want, criticise Vince (for giving him a job in the first place, i suppose), but criticising HHH? For what?

Hunter is on creative. He has control of his own programs and is one of the most powerful people in WWE, probably only behind Vince.

If you believe that sort of thing.

And besides, if if he did have political power (again, I doubt it) - why would HHH care about the Dudley's - a MID-CARD pseudo nostalgia act that'd been reduced to a series of idiot spots in crappy matches against better teams.

When the brand extension started they split the Dudleys up, putting Bubba Ray on Raw and D-Von on Smackdown (with a new gimmick, Reverend D-Von). In the middle of 2002 right when his singles push was starting to take to the fans, Bubba Ray was placed in a mini-feud of sorts with HHH. They would verbally snipe each other backstage here and there, to the point where it finally culminated into a physical confrontation on a Raw right after HHH was awarded the new World Heavyweight Title by Eric Bischoff, where Bubba Ray damn near killed HHH powerbombing him through a table (he lost his leverage and HHH went through the side of the table, almost impaling him). The next week, HHH promptly squashed Bubba Ray in a World Title match in about 6 minutes that thoroughly killed his singles push to the point they had to ship D-Von, who was doing well breaking out on his own on Smackdown, to Raw. That's probably where all this bitterness for HHH from Bubba Ray comes in. I doubt D-Von would have any strong words about HHH like that, unless he feels sympathetic for Bubba Ray and all the other people who were victims of HHH's political power.

At least it proves that there can still be marks in this day and age.

EDIT:

It's almost cute - in a fucking retarded kind of way.

EDIT again:

Do any of you guys have any proof of Hogan, Nash, and the rest of those guys having any political power in WCW? I've heard about that for years but I've never seen any proof of it. :huh: :huh: :huh:

It'd be FUCKING STUPID for a worker to be in a position of power~!

This will be uploaded to PWTorrents later tonight, so I'll check it out then.

So, where is it?

The 02/03 and 02/04 shows were just posted.

If any of you guys want, I'll upload the Bubba segment to PutFile or something tomorrow if no one else does it before me.

That TNA roster news thread became hilarious there at the end. When he pulled out the, "You can't support both!" card, I spit up soda. That was just beautiful, pure poetry in motion.

So why exactly are they running this show during RAW? I don't get it. You have asked fans to watch UNLIMITED and now you want them to somehow listen to a Sirus radio show as well? That seems like a horrid timeslot.

Thanks for that.

About halfway through, and I'm getting the feeling that these two will be lucky if they don't get in shit for this.

edit

Tazz: It was great working for the WWE, I'll tell ya.

Thanks for that.

About halfway through, and I'm getting the feeling that these two will be lucky if they don't get in shit for this.

edit

Tazz: It was great working for the WWE, I'll tell ya.

That Bubba interview was great, this show fucking rocks man. It almost makes me willing to shell out the cash for Sirius. And who is the Charles guy cause he's a touch insane, I'm thinking it's Oliver Stone.

If I had the money to shell out I would.

I'd rather listen to this than watch RAW, it's entertaining.

I believe Vince green light this try out because WWE people drop by Howard's show in the past. Then again, on the Sirius display it says "Taz and Cole" and no one calls him Michael Cole. They do plug Smackdown so eh. I've recorded the last 2 shows and probably the next 2. Since it's on Sirius, it no way to really tell how many people are listening.

Tonight's show wasn't anything special.

They do have a crappy slot Sunday as they will be on during the Super Bowl.

How is Bubba disloyal?

Ok, possible bad choice of words. But I think anyone who goes after HHH is wasting their time. Criticise Creative if you want, criticise Vince (for giving him a job in the first place, i suppose), but criticising HHH? For what?

Hunter is on creative. He has control of his own programs and is one of the most powerful people in WWE, probably only behind Vince.

And besides, if if he did have political power (again, I doubt it) - why would HHH care about the Dudley's - a MID-CARD pseudo nostalgia act that'd been reduced to a series of idiot spots in crappy matches against better teams.

When the brand extension started they split the Dudleys up, putting Bubba Ray on Raw and D-Von on Smackdown (with a new gimmick, Reverend D-Von). In the middle of 2002 right when his singles push was starting to take to the fans, Bubba Ray was placed in a mini-feud of sorts with HHH. They would verbally snipe each other backstage here and there, to the point where it finally culminated into a physical confrontation on a Raw right after HHH was awarded the new World Heavyweight Title by Eric Bischoff, where Bubba Ray damn near killed HHH powerbombing him through a table (he lost his leverage and HHH went through the side of the table, almost impaling him). The next week, HHH promptly squashed Bubba Ray in a World Title match in about 6 minutes that thoroughly killed his singles push to the point they had to ship D-Von, who was doing well breaking out on his own on Smackdown, to Raw. That's probably where all this bitterness for HHH from Bubba Ray comes in. I doubt D-Von would have any strong words about HHH like that, unless he feels sympathetic for Bubba Ray and all the other people who were victims of HHH's political power.

I don't remember their single pushes going over well with anyone.

Someone called in and said they should talk about their thoughts on the wrestling business. They pretty much said the purpose of the radio show was to show the other side of their personalities outside of the wrestling business. They also said don't expect any inside information or true criticism as they are still under contract to WWE and must do what WWE tells them.

How is Bubba disloyal?

Never let facts get in the way of a good HHH story.

Have you noted that everyone who comes out and blames HHH and his alleged politcal power - TAFKA Bubba, Billy Gunn etc - they all got fired. And I doubt HHH had anything to do with that.

If you want to hate some in the WWE, hate Vince, or Johnny Ace. But hating HHH because he's gotten a push seems stupid to me

How is Bubba disloyal?

In fact, I think I may well have been the only person on the planet who LIKED the Reverend D-Von push (if just because he had a catchy theme).

LOL of course the allegations are coming from people that have been fired...why would anyone on the active roster risk losing their jobs over speaking out about it?

If you want to hate some in the WWE, hate Vince, or Johnny Ace. But hating HHH because he's gotten a push seems stupid to me

I don't see why we shouldn't hate all three.

Because there's nothing to speak about and jobbers like Mark Lamonica are just really bitter?

Besides - as if people like HHH really give a shit about some Smackdown cruiser-jobber.

Is wanting "proof" of his alleged stroke really that much to ask for?

Vince and Ace work in the office - HHH doesn't

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
Because there's nothing to speak about and jobbers like Mark Lamonica are just really bitter?

Besides - as if people like HHH really give a shit about some Smackdown cruiser-jobber.

Is wanting "proof" of his alleged stroke really that much to ask for?

Your definition of proof seems to be HHH coming out on National TV and admitting it.

That's what Vince ended up doing in 1997 (ok, we all knew it but at least he admitted it)

Vince and Ace work in the office - HHH doesn't

Except that's where he was at last summer when he wasn't on TV.