TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hawk 34

ROH guarantees something HUGE

A lethal lottery with Rave, Homicide, Reyes, Cabana, Lethal, Whitmer, Yang and a bunch of nobodies would NOT go over well. Nor would a rumble.

Having Punk on the show isn't close to meeting the level of hype for this surprise. Punk having a match or whatever isn't 'something unique everyone will be talking about', nor will he make it 'a special night that no one in attendance will ever forget', not to mention all the other hyperbole that's been thrown at this.

Punk appearing would be a good start, but i'd hope there's more to it than that. The biggest thing they could probably do with Punk is another Punk/Joe match, but with Joe not on the show as far as i remember i can't think of anything huge he could be involved in matchwise.

If it IS Punk, do any of you think he could still tear the house down after being brainwashed with the "WWE Style", in OVW, for the past few months? My vote is: yes.

Long Island New York screams 'Foley' to me, which'd suck.

Bold prediction...they do Foley vs. Joe.

It's probably Foley. Foley lives in St. James (next town to northwest of Lake Grove, where Sports Plus is), and grew up in East Setauket (next town or two to northeast of Lake Grove). And I go to Stony Brook University (town directly north of Lake Grove)

Where the towns are in relation to Lake Grove.

(St. James)(Stony Brook)(East Setauket)

(Nesconset)(Lake Grove)(South Setauket)

When does the show start? I'm just curious how much longer it'll be before we find out what the announcement was.

When does the show start? I'm just curious how much longer it'll be before we find out what the announcement was.

7:30.

I started a 2.11.06 thread specific for the show itself, since this was about the hype/speculation.

It's been reported that Lethal, Shelley and Homicide are off the show tonight. Isn't Shelley supposed to wrestle Danielson tonight anyway?

Yes and at this point, losing that match likely doesn't hurt to much. They can always slide Jimmy Rave into Shelley's spot (Rave/Danielson is booked for 2/25 anyways).

Right now, I'm looking at a one night tournament to make for the show. It'll be impossible to get people to fly/drive into LI now, with the weather. What they have right now, is what they have to work with.

We might see the return of RRC to cover the lost of 3 major parts of tonight's show.

I wouldn't be surprised if they bumped Danielson/Strong III forward for tonight.

That was basically my inital thought as well, my original prediction was that the surprise doesn't involve Danielson or Strong anyways.

I'm predicting some sort of format change to set up Strong/Danielson III for tonight (be it a rumble or tournament).

However, the full refund promise might bite Gabe in the ass because some people might just be afraid of the snow and want to leave early. Apparently, this is the biggest snowstorm in LI in awhile.