TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hawk 34

ROH guarantees something HUGE

But let's be honest, would that get everyone talking? It'd have to be someone like that for people to really freak out. I used Benoit as a figurative point, I don't think the E would let him work that show.

Those 3 guys aren't huge names that would take major string pulling to bring to ROH. This has ME interested, and it's quite hard to get me amped for wrestling.

But let's be honest, would that get everyone talking? It'd have to be someone like that for people to really freak out. I used Benoit as a figurative point, I don't think the E would let him work that show.

Those 3 guys aren't huge names that would take major string pulling to bring to ROH.

Getting anyone under WWE contract to work a match would require major string pulling, considering ROH and WWE don't have a deep working relationship like Heyman and Vince had together.

Regal/Danielson (Finding a way to move Shelley, who faces Dragon, wouldn't be difficult) would have the ROH fanbase buzzing.

Gabe was addressing the fans, the fans would be freaking out if Regal, Gibson or London appeared in LI this saturday night to work for ROH.

As someone already stated, Long Island has the least amount of "ROH fans" than any area they run. I think Regal would be the only one of those that would get people talking, but I think it's going to be something bigger. I've got no idea anymore, but this is a good thing. The thing with his guarantee, is that if it's not something really big, the people can just leave and get their money back. To me, that shows that it's something special, that will probably never happen again and not just someone returning like a Gibson or London.

I'm going to guess that it's Paul London and they'll do London vs. Strong with Strong going over after twenty minutes. That would be great.

If Gabe contacted WWE and asked if they could borrow London for one show, which alone requires alot of strings to be pulled, the chances that WWE allows one of its workers, even a velocity regular, to job to a TNA talent is slim to fucking zero.

Would they let Danielson go over London? Perhaps, a unlikely situation but more likely then London over Strong.

Gabe's wording that you can get your money back "if you don't like whats going on" seems to indicate some big theme to the card to me, although I'm probably reading too much into it.

If they could get Jericho it would be amazing.

Jericho, even if it were for a non in ring appearance and just a promo, would garner a ton of attention and send folks home happy.

That said, it's probrably Regal, Gibson, or long shot, Foley.

I really have no idea, a lot of people think it could have something to do with Dragon's Gate.

I could see it being an old school legendary wrestler, but I have no idea-maybe someone Cornette could get?

Some people are thinking London, which wouldn't surprise me. If he could do the job, Danielson avenging his two losses to London would be perfect. Just like how he finally beat AJ last month.

bob, you are very much up to speed on ROH.

What and/or who do you think the surprise is?

I am not bob, but I posted a long thing about this on the rohboards about William Regal appearing. I say anyone from WWE is a long shot but if anyone from WWE comes over, I like the idea of Regal being that guy.

Does that mean I believe it's Regal? No. I really don't want to speculate. ROH delivers on its promises, I am willing to wait and see about this and be surprised.

Stevie Richards is my guess.

Yeah, WWE doesn't care much for Stevie so it's bound to be him.

Stevie Richards in action is my guess. Big fuckin' whoop.

Why does everyone think it'll be Regal? It seems out from left field.

Regal is calling it a career very soon and he has said many times he would like to work his protege Bryan Danielson once again and other roh talents that he put over including Samoa Joe and I believe, Roderick Strong.

It's the best opportunity to do it. ROH doesn't promote Regal's appearence directly, Regal, who is tight with Hunter and Vince, asks for this opportunity, so knowing Regal is calling it a career anyways, it doesn't hurt to let him have this match. I predicted, with a detail reasoning/fantasy booking on the rohboard of how Danielson and Regal team against Gen Next.

With all due respect to William Regal, who I admire as a complete worker, how is he something "huge"?

With all due respect to William Regal, who I admire as a complete worker, how is he something "huge"?

For the ROH fanbase, him coming to ROH to work with his protege qualifies as huge. Judging from the sentiments from the board, they welcome Regal to be the huge name just as much as Paul London and James Gibson, if not more. Gabe knows his fanbase, Regal wouldn't be a disapointment for ROH fans.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was a CZW invasion of some sorts with them taking over the show and doing "unscripted matches" vs ROH talent. That would make sense why people would stay after the first 3 matches, it could be booked like Generation Next was with surprises and whatnot.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was a CZW invasion of some sorts with them taking over the show and doing "unscripted matches" vs ROH talent. That would make sense why people would stay after the first 3 matches, it could be booked like Generation Next was with surprises and whatnot.

Staying with the context of the current landscape in ROH, considering ROH is @ WAR with CZW, why would Gabe hype an CZW invasion? CZW has been invading for the past 2 shows, they already have a 3/11 show that will heavily involve CZW/ROH antics. It's too early in the "invasion" to start having matches.

CZW is also having a show that night anyways that isn't near LI.

Gabe wouldn't hype a show of this magitude knowing he was going to have CZW invade. That would tremendously piss off his loyal fanbase who would feel like they got treated as if they were WWE fans.

Gabe wouldn't hype a show of this magitude knowing he was going to have CZW invade. That would tremendously piss off his loyal fanbase who would feel like they got treated as if they were WWE fans.

No it wouldn't, the fan's aren't stupid. Many are already calling for a Necro vs Joe match in ROH. Lots of fans are digging the idea of two promotions working together. If there is a CZW show that day then I guess that wouldn't happen, but it will at some point where there is a huge match or matches, probably unannounced.

No it wouldn't, the fan's aren't stupid. Many are already calling for a Necro vs Joe match in ROH. Lots of fans are digging the idea of two promotions working together. If there is a CZW show that day then I guess that wouldn't happen, but it will at some point where there is a huge match or matches, probably unannounced.

Yes it would. The fans do want Necro Vs Joe or Danielson but it doesn't fit the confines of the angle. The roh fanbase love the storyline of the invaders. To suddenly do CZW Vs ROH, before the double-header is bad move. In the confines of the storyline, it's a swerve to have CZW be a part of this annoucement.

I don't think it will be one single talent. It has to be the debut of a group of wrestlers. What is this Dragon's Gate everyone is talking about? Anything to do with Toryumon? Perhaps it'll be a six-man tag team match like Toryumon used to always put on.

The Dragon Gate/Toryumon talent are already being hyped up for the ROH shows in Chicago the weekend of Mania, so that's out the window for 2/11.

The educated guess would be Regal, while the sentimental guess would be London. I'm betting on Strong/Danielsen's original opponent, while Danielsen gets Regal.

"February 11th in Long Island is going to be a very special night in ROH history."

If it's Regal, how exactly would it be a very special night in RoH history. It wouldn't be any more special than Tommy Dreamer at All-Star Extravaganza or Raven's extended run a few years ago. With the buildup, I would expect alot more.

"February 11th in Long Island is going to be a very special night in ROH history."

If it's Regal, how exactly would it be a very special night in RoH history. It wouldn't be any more special than Tommy Dreamer at All-Star Extravaganza or Raven's extended run a few years ago. With the buildup, I would expect alot more.

Do you have any fucking clue about the ROH company? Seriously, stop posting about something you have zero clue about.

As I explained, ROH is a WRESTLING BASED promotion. William Regal, is considered a legend to the wrestling enthusiasts. The mere thought of Regal, nearing the end of his career to make a stop in ROH to work against his protege?

is...HUGE.

What is huge to you? Goldberg? No, seriously, get away from any ROH related topics.