TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hawk 34

ROH guarantees something HUGE

Regal is a legend??

Shit, I'm like his biggest fan and all but....no.

Oh, and where is all this Regal retirement stuff coming from?

Ok, legend might be stretching it but he's highly regarded amongst that fanbase. I believe I saw that WON or PW reported the reason they split Burchil and Regal was because Regal wasn't going to wrestle much longer.

Regal had severe heart problems in the past following his drug abuse, so an early retirement would very sensible.

On topic, Regal being the surprise would be great, but it seems like Gabe is hyping this to levels beyond Regal's. Just speaking for myself, any less a name than a Jericho or a Benoit is going to be a let down now.

It should be noted that they have completely changed the card. Keeping the two title match main events, no other matches has been announced.

Danielson Vs Shelley

McGuiness Vs Aries

are the only booked matches.

There's 13 names not including any potential "surprise" person.

We could be seeing some sort of gimmick show such as Lethal Lottery, a royal rumble style match (they could easily round it up to 20 people, using a couple other indy workers and students).

Looks like Unscripted 2.

"February 11th in Long Island is going to be a very special night in ROH history."

If it's Regal, how exactly would it be a very special night in RoH history. It wouldn't be any more special than Tommy Dreamer at All-Star Extravaganza or Raven's extended run a few years ago. With the buildup, I would expect alot more.

Do you have any fucking clue about the ROH company? Seriously, stop posting about something you have zero clue about.

As I explained, ROH is a WRESTLING BASED promotion. William Regal, is considered a legend to the wrestling enthusiasts. The mere thought of Regal, nearing the end of his career to make a stop in ROH to work against his protege?

is...HUGE.

What is huge to you? Goldberg? No, seriously, get away from any ROH related topics.

Just because I'm not a Ring of Honor nerd, I can't post about it? I know this company, I have been following it since it's inception. William Regal would be a huge letdown to anybody who is buying into all of this hype. You would have to be an idiot to be happy about William Regal being this HUGE SURPRISE. Perhaps you orgasm over every little move made by Ring of Honor like it's the work of God, but this promotion makes alot of mistakes. If William Regal is the surprise, that is a big mistake.

A guy who works for ROH posted this on the CZWFans board:

OK guys, some of you know, and now I am letting the cat out of the bag, but I do some work for ROH and am great friends with many of the people who work and run it, and the only reason I am saying that is this:

If you are within a 5 hour drive of Long Island on Saturday....you, as a wrestling fan, have an OBLIGATION to attend this event. I will not say anything more then this. It is more then a worker, it is more then a new match, what is happening on Saturday will be something that is talked about for the rest of time in wrestling.

Please do not IM me what this is, because I will not tell you. All I will say is this, if you do not make an effort to get to Long Island on Saturday, you will shoot yourself in the foot on Sunday and perhaps for years to come knowing you could have been there.

A guy who works for ROH posted this on the CZWFans board:

OK guys, some of you know, and now I am letting the cat out of the bag, but I do some work for ROH and am great friends with many of the people who work and run it, and the only reason I am saying that is this:

If you are within a 5 hour drive of Long Island on Saturday....you, as a wrestling fan, have an OBLIGATION to attend this event. I will not say anything more then this. It is more then a worker, it is more then a new match, what is happening on Saturday will be something that is talked about for the rest of time in wrestling.

Please do not IM me what this is, because I will not tell you. All I will say is this, if you do not make an effort to get to Long Island on Saturday, you will shoot yourself in the foot on Sunday and perhaps for years to come knowing you could have been there.

There is nothing that can happen that will be talked about for the rest of time in wrestling. Why can't RoH fans just be content with what they have without trying to make everything the company does seem like it's absolutely vital to the industry with all of the hyperbole? Even if Bret Hart wrestled Brock Lesnar in a 60 minute Ironman match for the IWGP Title on the show it wouldn't meet that level of hype.

Guest new jack 4 prez

what if its stone cold steve austin and he stunners every member and i mean every member of the embassy ie

Prince Nana

Xavier

Oman Tortuga

Diablo Santiago

Josh Daniels

Jimmy Rave

Angel Williams

Ricky Morton

John Walters

Fast Eddie Vegas

Vanessa Harding

Jade Chung

Petey Williams

Killer Kruel

Excess 69

Alex Shelley

Abyss

Ring of Honor fanboys will hail whatever the surprise is as the greatest event in the history of the world. Unless Ring of Honor has booked God and he will save all of those in attendance, I doubt anything else could live up to the hype.

What was the Briscoes' reason for leaving in the first place? I knew a while ago they wanted to compete in college football, but I thought they came back after that and then left again.

What was the Briscoes' reason for leaving in the first place? I knew a while ago they wanted to compete in college football, but I thought they came back after that and then left again.

Mark was in a motorcycle accident sometime in 2004 which took him out of action for a bit (and Jay didn't want to work without him) Briscoes were doing other various indies since last summer.

After the latest newswire that says the locker room has only been told to be prepared for anything, I'm convinced that the fans will be given the vote on what matches get booked.

As for the Briscoes, them coming back is great. The tag division has been gaining speed since last summer and their return just adds to it. The storyline for them being gone was that they couldn't pay the fine from the riot at Testing The Limit. I demand that their first couple shows back, they have a lemonaid stand set up trying to earn the last few dollars they need to have enough to pay the fine.

As long as we get the motivated, serious Briscoes of 2004 and not the drunk, no ring gear, uprotected chair shot and Shooting Star Press to nowhere Briscoes of recent times i'm pleased they're finally making a return.

As for the big surprise i honestly can't think of anything ROH could do that could possibly justify the level of hype this has gotten. ROH doesn't have the best track record when it comes to surprises, mystery wrestlers and fans setting their expectations WAY too high, even if it is something great it'll probably come off as a letdown in comparison to the second coming of Jesus-level anticipation they've built up.

After the latest newswire that says the locker room has only been told to be prepared for anything, I'm convinced that the fans will be given the vote on what matches get booked.

As for the Briscoes, them coming back is great. The tag division has been gaining speed since last summer and their return just adds to it. The storyline for them being gone was that they couldn't pay the fine from the riot at Testing The Limit. I demand that their first couple shows back, they have a lemonaid stand set up trying to earn the last few dollars they need to have enough to pay the fine.

How exactly will the fans vote for matches live? via those wacky voting remotes ala AFHV?

How exactly will the fans vote for matches live? via those wacky voting remotes ala AFHV?

No, via the Steve Harvey's Big Time where they put the hand over the guys head and the crowd cheering. Or they could walk around ringside with their names in a hat and let a lucky plant, I mean fan choose.

Whatever is going down has to happen right at the beginning of the show since they've offered refunds to anyone that wants to leave, so those of us not there won't have to wait until the final match update to find out.

Heyman cuttting a shoot promo on people would be what the fans that night would want out of Heyman. They'd be happy with that from Heyman. They don't expect him to wrestle.

Not to mention, it most likely wouldn't be the only thing going on that night. There's only 2 matches booked and 15 guys without any scheduled matches. There is bound to be a some major format change be it a one night tournament, lethal lottery, FIP style rumble...

I don't believe it's one specific event/person as the surprise. It is Unscripted 2.

The fans, wouldn't be disapointed with Heyman coming out to do a shoot promo, as long as there is a payoff, which COULD be Cornette making a surprise appearence as he is the commish of ROH.

Cornette hates Heyman and vice versa, but they know good business when it's there. These two ripping each other leading to a one night war between them leading to some sort of a big tag match main event involving the two wouldn't disapoint the fans.

I know the fans will probably eat up Heyman cutting a shoot promo, but I think it'd be disappointing. I want the surprise to be a great wrestling match, not two guys going at it on the mic.

And a lethal lottery or RR would be the suck.