TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Arnold_OldSchool

The march Legends PPV Line up is out

Guest Arnold_OldSchool

Tickets for the World Wrestling Legends PPV on 3/5 will go on sale this Saturday. The show will be held at Hard Rock Live in Orlando, Florida. The following matches have been announced for the show.

* Diamond Dallas Page vs. Chris Kanyon

* Hacksaw Duggan vs. Nikolai Volkoff (with the Iron Sheik)

* The Midnight Express (Stan Lane, Bobby Eaton, & Dennis Condrey w/ Jim Cornette) vs. Bob, Brad, & Scott Armstrong

* Jimmy Snuka vs. Greg Valentine

Other names scheduled to appear on the taping include Tully Blanchard, Jimmy Hart, Vampiro, Bruno Sammartino, Bobby Heenan, Jake Roberts, Hacksaw Duggan, Rick Steiner, Lance Russell (calling his first PPV broadcast), Buff Bagwell, Kamala, Koko B. Ware, Mike Graham, Virgil, Tom Prichard, Johnny B Badd, David Flair, Norman Smiley, Ron Niemi, The Blue Meanie, and Disco Inferno.

Scott Steiner is the latest name to be added to the World Wrestling Legends PPV on 3/5. The show will be titled "World Wrestling Legends Presents the 6:05 Reunion." 6:05 is a reference to the old starting time for wrestling on Saturday nights on TBS.

Dave, Earl, and Brian Hebner have also been added as refs. Former WCW ring announcer David Penzer will work the show as well. Many former WCW workers will be handling backstage duties such as Craig Leathers, Doug Dillinger, and Colin Bowman.

------------

Professional wrestling has been a major staple of American Pop Culture since the birth of television. When Ted Turner launched Atlanta UHF television station WTCG (TBS' predecessor) in 1972, he could not have imagined the impact his weekly wrestling show would have on the sport. Taped on Saturday mornings in downtown Atlanta, it aired each week at 6:05pm on a Saturday Night. Gordon Solie, opened the program and welcomed millions of wrestling fans as he introduced the biggest names and match-ups in the sport.

The Saturday Night Show set the standards for what you see today. No matter where you were, or what you were doing on a Saturday, at 6:05pm you found a TV.

When the show ended in 2001, it created a void and fans protested in vain to bring back their heroes who had lost their home on television. The clamor for these stars reached such a level that wrestling had to once again embrace these men who had built the sport. A Hall of Fame was set up to honor them, DVDs are being released to highlight their legacies and action figures manufactured to commemorate their greatness.

Now for one unprecedented night, we have reunited some of the team who helped create the 6:05 mystique with these Legends, to put them all where they belong, back in main event action.

"6:05 The Reunion" features 12 huge matches emanating from the World Famous Hard Rock Live in Orlando, Florida in a night with no Championships, just Champions with the Legends who each defined and shaped their generations.

TICKETS AVAILABLE AT THE HARD ROCK LIVE BOX OFFICE AND ALL TICKETMASTER LOCATIONS. FOR MORE INFO CALL 407-351-LIVE

WHO: WWL 6:05 The Reunion

WHAT: Wrestling event featuring over 30 of the greatest wrestlers of all time in 12 huge bouts including Bruno Sammartino, Diamond Dallas Page, Big Poppa Pump, Jake "The Snake" Roberts, Bobby "The Brain" Heenan, "The Mouth of the South" Jimmy Hart, Rick Steiner, Vampiro, Kamala, Johnny B. Badd, Jim Cornette, Greg "The Hammer" Valentine, "Superfly" Jimmy Snuka, The Iron Sheik, Nikolai Volkoff, Buff Bagwell, The Armstrongs, The Midnight Express, Kanyon, Koko B. Ware, Dr Tom Prichard, Norman Smiley, Tully Blanchard, David Flair, Mike Graham, Dory Funk, Jr., Blue Meanie, Disco Inferno, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Virgil, The Nasty Boys, Earl, Dave & Brian Hebner, Lance Russell, Ron Niemi, Cory Macklin, David Penzer and more to come

WHERE: Hard Rock Live, Orlando, FL

WHEN: Sunday, March 5, 2006

TIME: 7:05 PM ET, Doors Open 6:05 PM ET

PRICE: $25.00, $55.00, $65.00, $75.00, $150.00

Guest J0bber

Will this event be broadcasted live on PPV or a few months down the line, and if so, how much will it cost?

Will this event be broadcasted live on PPV or a few months down the line, and if so, how much will it cost?

Not sure but I think it's down the line?

I hope it cost around the $15-20 mark.

Kanyon v. DDP as a main event of a "legends" show? Yeah, this very well MAY be the sequal to Heroes of Wrestling at this rate. I remember they had all these "legends" at the last ppv and then for no reason, had Scorpio v. Julio Dinero. This is akin to that.

Whatever though, if its on mainsteam ppv I'll f'n pick it up.

The Midnight Express (Stan Lane, Bobby Eaton, & Dennis Condrey w/ Jim Cornette) vs. Bob, Brad, & Scott Armstrong
Please tell me that Bob Armstrong is working as a manager and not as a wrestler.

Bob's still working as a wrestler in North Florida. I keep seeing flyers around here for him working the local AWA affiliate. Yeah. North Florida indies are so weak we don't have a NWA affiliate. We have an AWA affiliate. :(

Guest Arnold_OldSchool
Kanyon v. DDP as a main event of a "legends" show? Yeah, this very well MAY be the sequal to Heroes of Wrestling at this rate. I remember they had all these "legends" at the last ppv and then for no reason, had Scorpio v. Julio Dinero. This is akin to that.

Whatever though, if its on mainsteam ppv I'll f'n pick it up.

A local Orlando DJ will fight on the card - sez WON

Guest new jack 4 prez

i wouldn't mind having the opening match buff bagwell, koko b ware, disco inferno, and norman smiley vs. david flair, virgil, the blue meanie, and kamla. an eight man comedy match. hell they should have steve corino vs. dusty rhodes bunkhouse match. note to corino revieve that fued in world-1

Bob's still working as a wrestler in North Florida. I keep seeing flyers around here for him working the local AWA affiliate. Yeah. North Florida indies are so weak we don't have a NWA affiliate. We have an AWA affiliate. :(

Thirty-some miles south of Chicago, I've seen flyers for Kamala vs. some guy I never heard of before, at the gyros place in South Chicago Heights, and at the Burrito Station in (I think) Steger.

That's what pisses me off about these shows, and WWE's "Legends" too...a lot of these guy are people that either happened to work in WCW or WWF during the Monday Night Wars, or in WWE's case, were basically journeymen workers during the '80s and early '90s. I'm sorry, but someone like Jim Duggan or Koko B. Ware isn't a legend.

I would consider Midnight Express, Snuka, DDP and Valentine legitimate "legends" for those working the show. Bruno, Tully, Heenan, Roberts and Steiners as well.

However, Blue Meanie? Norman Smiley? Koko B. Ware?

I would consider Midnight Express, Snuka, DDP and Valentine legitimate "legends" for those working the show. Bruno, Tully, Heenan, Roberts and Steiners as well.

However, Blue Meanie? Norman Smiley? Koko B. Ware?

Somebody has to lose.

Guest Arnold_OldSchool

They will be taping a 'Whatever happened to..." Documentary at the event as well

/WON reports