Guest FromBeyondTheGrave

OAO No Way Out Thread, Feb/19th/2006

Guest FromBeyondTheGrave

World Heavyweight Title Match

Kurt Angle .VS. Undertaker.

"No.1 Contender's Match, to face the World champion at WrestleMania XXII"

Rey Mysterio .VS. Randy Orton.

WWE United States Title Match

Booker T (with Sharmell) .VS. Chris Benoit.

Singles Match

J.B.L. (with Jillian Hall) .VS. Bobby Lashley.

WWE Tag Team Titles Match

M.N.M. .VS. Matt Hardy & ???.

Nine-Man, WWE Cruiserweight Title Match

Gregory Helms .VS. Kid Kash .VS. Nunzio .VS. Funaki .VS. Scotty 2 Hotty .VS. Psicosis .VS. Super Crazy .VS. Brian Kendrick .VS. Paul London.

Nice to see the Cruiserweight belt on the actual show.

It was on the Rumble card too, with the exact same premise. It's basically a rematch with a couple extra bodies sprinkled inside and different heel champion. It went eight minutes last month, maybe with a card that doesn't include an 62 minute match, they can add another 5-8 minutes for this.

The card isn't bad, it just has zero importance.

Undertaker-Angle, have had great matches and stinkers. It really depends which Undertaker shows up for this one. I have a feeling, it will fall in between great and stinker.

Benoit-Booker should be a quick match, with Benoit getting a dominant victory and even putting Sharmell in the cross-face to finalize that feud once and for all.

Give Finlay an unannounced match and put him over (Dean, Sylvan, Jordan...) and start building to Benoit/Finlay for the US Title for WM.

I won't even bother paying attention to Mysterio/Orton.

NWO usually gets low buyrates because everyone knows it is historically a throwaway show (2001 being an exception) but it's also because the cards are usually weak as they aren't wanting to give any of the mania matches away. This card isn't weak but it's not strong enough to make it watchable.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees

You know, this card looks pretty good.

Benoit/Booker and Angle/Taker both have the potential to be very good, the tag match could be good, JBL and Lashley may have a fun match.

Card looks a lot better than last year.

My picks:

Kurt Angle

Randy Orton

Booker T

Lashley

Matt Hardy & The Boogeyman

Gregory Helms

Guest FromBeyondTheGrave

I wish Noble was in the Cruiserweight match. I wonder why he's not, seeing as he was in the one at the Rumble.

I'd say it's a pretty safe bet that Angle goes over here. The interesting part is how they protect UT. I'm sure we get an average match that ends with Henry interferrence.

I'm sticking with the Observer and picking Orton. Why this needed to happen is beyond me, and I'll mark if Rey wins. I don't know if they'll go back to the Booker interferrence idea, but who cares?

Booker probably gets the OJ treatment here. Benoit with a decisive win.

Singles Match

Lashley has to win. JBL is becoming a midcard jobber of Christian proportions, and Lashley is on the rise.

My guess is Animal. I don't want to believe they'd job MNM to a makeshift team for the 3rd time for the belts, something tells me they will... Even with Matt Hardy's troubles. I really hope I'm wrong with this one.

Gregory Helms .VS. Kid Kash .VS. Nunzio .VS. Funaki .VS. Scotty 2 Hotty .VS. Psicosis .VS. Super Crazy .VS. Brian Kendrick .VS. Paul London.

Eh, could be some fun spotty stuff, who knows? I say Helms wins with some luck to further the tension within that division leading up to Mania.

Guest Dr Stupid

Kurt Angle will win, but I'm pretty sure something is gonna happen to protect Taker from jobbing clean, and/or start a fued with Mark Henry

Orton will win, plus I think we're gonna see something just as bad, if not worse, than "Eddie in hell"

Something tells me Booker will win, but i think there will be interference, maybe from Finlay.

Singles Match

Lashley to win. JBL is jobber of the moment

If the partner is Animal, I could see it going both ways, but I think the Matt Hardy curse will be the ultimate winner. M.N.M. to win.

Why not make it a Cruiserweight Tournament, or Gauntlet, or Elimination Match. We've already had this match (slightly different workers involved). Plus WHERE THE HELL IS JAMIE NOBLE. I mean....come on. You know, this could easily be a tag team match.

Actually, now that i'm thinking about it, I'd like to see a short tourny or battle royale for the number one contender, to face Helms later in the PPV.

Anyway, Helms will win.

There's potential in this card. My hopes are on Angle/Taker, Booker/Benoit and the Cruiserweight spotfest. MNM can be solid. I have no hopes for Rey/Orton, I just want to see the end of that whole storyline.

They just don't know how the hell to use the cruiserweights properly! The setup is always awful.

Having said that, the matches are ok I guess.

Guest J0bber

I'm going with the upset and picking Mysterio to beat Orton. Orton couldn't headline a WM, could he?

Kurt Angle wins, Mark Henry attacks Taker afterwards.

I think the Observer is right and Orton wins but I hope Mysterio wins.

Something tells me Booker will win, but i think there will be interference, maybe from Finlay.

Singles Match

Lashley needs to win this.

It's probably Animal but I hope Hardy screws Animal and joins MNM's stable.

Helms will win this one ofcourse.

The card is solid for a throwaway PPV. They can go many ways with this one and I think they'll choose the most expected one (Orton wins etc..)

Considering that Smackdown hasn't been very good lately, the card here does have some potential. It just depends on whether certain matches can really deliver. (Taker-Angle, Book-Benoit, Cruiser match).

Logically, Benoit should win, but I pick Book to win, likely due to Finlay interference or something. I figure that they've already penciled Lashley in for a US Title match at WM anyway, so he'd face Book more likely than Benoit.

I think Orton-Mysterio can be decent too, but it will likely just be completely overbooked with Orton dominating and then yelling shit about Eddie at the Guerreros ringside.

Mark my words, Rey will win. no pun intended.

Guest TheJuice31

I guess I just can't help but wonder what purpose it would serve to have Chavo, Vicki, and the Eddie's kids at ringside and then not have Rey win.

Guest nokia

pwinsider.com is reporting that;

SPOILERS !!

Matt Hardy's mystery partner is expected to be Tatanka, who will make his official Smackdown debut

If that's the case, there's no way MNM should job. Not that you could make much of a case before hand. Unless Matt brings in Samoa Joe or Brock Lesnar as a partner, there's absolutely no reason to pointlessly job the belts off the best tag team since Haas/Benjamin again.

We can just see Booker TRY to interfere in Orton/Rey, cost Orton the match, then we can still get Rey/Angle and Orton can go feud with Booker, or kill himself, or whatever works.

Isn't Booker being programmed with Boogeyman at Mania though? The Booker run-in during Orton/Rey makes sense with the storyline with Booker/Orton, but its just completely lame to see them actually go with Booker/Rey at Mania. Thats a match I have zero desire to see. If they must job out Rey, why not add him to Mania in an interpromotional match w/ RVD, and to take that a step further, have it be a MITB match? Or have a Benoit/Rey match in Eddy's honor for the US title?

And very surprised to see that really stupid pick for Hardy's partner at NWO. Unless this is all a swerve to lead to Hardy going heel w/ Melina managing and

Tatanka

being some sort of bodyguard, thats just a total waste of ppv time.

Still not sure if I will bother even going to the bar to see this ppv, but I'm starting to think probably not.

Guest Zarock

Thoughts: Match will probably be lame, with Angle retaining

Thoughts: I know a lot of people are going to hate this match because of the finish, but I think the match itself could be very good, or at least decent. Orton wins through cheating.

Thoughts: Could go either way, and match should be good.

Singles Match

Thoughts: This is going to suck. Lashley wins.

Thoughts: M.N.M should win this match that will no doubt be pretty bad.

Thoughts: Should be good, but I don't really know or care who wins this.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
I guess I just can't help but wonder what purpose it would serve to have Chavo, Vicki, and the Eddie's kids at ringside and then not have Rey win.

Orton's current heatless state must scare the holy hell out of the company.

You know, this card looks pretty good.

Benoit/Booker and Angle/Taker both have the potential to be very good, the tag match could be good, JBL and Lashley may have a fun match.

Seconded.

Guest Dr Stupid

how come hardy has a tag title shot all of a sudden?

It was set up on Smackdown. Melina gave one of those open invitations the other week, and Hardy challenged them with a partner to be ann............you know the rest.

It was set up on Smackdown. Melina gave one of those open invitations the other week, and Hardy challenged them with a partner to be ann............you know the rest.

Nice to see Matt being used to his full potential!

QUOTE(Dr Stupid @ Feb 19 2006, 11:34 AM)

QUOTE(normam @ Feb 19 2006, 10:27 PM)

thrats right, i remember :bonk:

As a whole, this card might be the most appealing Smackdown ppv in awhile. Put aside the shitty and embarassing storyline behind Rey-Orton... You have two, maybe three (if the cw match gets time) that could be worthwhile.

The fact there is only six matches announced makes me hopeful, that they will give Finlay an *bonus* match.

Orton's current heatless state must scare the holy hell out of the company.

Despite the fact that Rey won the Rumble, and the winner of the Rumble has gotten the main event slot at every WM since 11, I doubt they'll actually put Orton/Angle on last. There is, after all, the small matter of Vince's Son-in-Law vs. the Company's Idea of What a Top Face Should Be.

I'm tempted to buy WM just to see the Chicago crowd shit all over the card.

A bit random, but does anyone know the theme song for this year's No Way Out?

"Deadly Game" by Theory of a Deadman, from the forthcoming "WWE Wreckless" album to be released May 2.