TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jericholic82

AMERICAN IDOl-SEASON 5: THE THREAD

Heh heh. When it said "Trouble" I thought "What the...He's going to sing Pink?!"

Whoah. He's the best vocal so far... proving that keeping him after that dance catastrophe from last night was a good, very good, call.

I think this might be Taylor's best performence yet, it wasn't earth shattering but considering how different it was from the other song selections tonight.

Did Randy and Simon do a double turn?

Mandisa is going to KILL this song.

Actually she didn't, which is odd considering I'm sure she's sang it at least 100 times.

I...agree...with...Paula.

Ye gods, this is wrong so so wrong!

Simon, save my thinking! ....Yes! And he does ^^ I agree with Simon.

"This is all a bit pop star" Er. Right. D'uh...

"Never in a million years could Clay pull that off!" Yeah, right. It's the type of thing he would wear.

Yay! Another good vocal!

Mandisa ruined it by trying to church up the intro and running out of breath. I think she just fucked herself which is admirable considering how big she is :asshole2:

So far:

Lisa - 3 - Finally connected with the audience, but was flat throughout.

Kellie - 4 - Aqua would've been better

Ace - 0 - Oh my, that was horrible. So, so, horrible.

Taylor - 6 - Not bad

Mandisa - 6.5 - best of a bad lot so far.

That's the best so far for me. He could easily be on the radio tomorrow fronting a band, or solo.

What the fuck is up with Randy tonight? Geez...he's pissed off with everyone.

Okay, now Simon is contradicting himself. First he dissed the "pop school" kinda thing and now he's hating on the rock choice when that's practically all Chris has ever chosen. It just doesn't make sense. "This is American Idol" ...yeah? What, no Americans like Creed. Wait, aren't Creed American?

Geez...

How is it that this group did a lot better with songs from the '50s than the last 6 years?

What the fuck is up with Randy tonight? Geez...he's pissed off with everyone.

Okay, now Simon is contradicting himself. First he dissed the "pop school" kinda thing and now he's hating on the rock choice when that's practically all Chris has ever chosen. It just doesn't make sense. "This is American Idol" ...yeah? What, no Americans like Creed. Wait, aren't Creed American?

Geez...

I guess the fact, amazingly enough as Chris pointed out Creed's Human Clay which has What If? sold 11 million. Wasn't convincing enough to be americanized.

I actually thought Simon would say something to the effect of "pack your bags".

That wasn't an "easy listening" song.

How is it that this group did a lot better with songs from the '50s than the last 6 years?

Well think about it, songs like "Walk the Line" has been covered many times.

There's multiple versions to draw inspiration from so they can switch it around. Using songs released in the last 6 years, where there's not likely to be covers yet makes them uncomfortable changing it. Also, we're still used to the regular versions.

I'm sure Americans love to admit that as much as Canadians like to admit that Celine Dion is Canadian...

Well think about it, songs like "Walk the Line" has been covered many times.

There's multiple versions to draw inspiration from so they can switch it around. Using songs released in the last 6 years, where there's not likely to be covers yet makes them uncomfortable changing it. Also, we're still used to the regular versions.

I didn't mean the styles, I meant that almost everyone tonight completely sucked ass vocally. I guess Elliott getting the last spot didn't necessarily mean as much as I thought it might.

When Bucky (who I actually like) is sounding better than almost everyone else, you know it was a weird night.