TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jericholic82

AMERICAN IDOl-SEASON 5: THE THREAD

I'm shocked the directors didn't have Katharine and Kellie give Kevin a kiss at the end of the show to play off that stuff Kevin said eariler this year.

damn it , Dirty Hair Boy survives another week. So Kev gives his best performance so far and gets booted , oh well at least he got his 15 mins of fame

I'm happy Bucky makes it another week ahead of Kevin. Screw you guys, I like Bucky. Plus, it keeps the chance of hearing Skynard next week.

Bucky and Lisa will be the next two to go unless they get the bottom three push from their nervous fans. There's clearly a separation between them and the others.

Excellent, I just got home and found out my least favorite contestant got eliminated on both American Idol and America's Next Top Model. Sweet.

Guest fanofcoils

I think this season has less appeal now with the Brent/Sam/Danny/Raj/Scott Savol/etc character gone. Yawn to Bucky and Lisa. This season is still good though. I am wondering why Taylor isn't considered universally the favorite, that guy has too much charisma (and so does Paris and Kellie too :-)). I hope they are in the top 3 and not annoying Chris, though Chris likely will be. Katharine finally stepped up after her last performance. Right now I am having doubts that Taylor/Chris can generate anywhere the same amount of interest as the Ruben/Clay final did.

Guest Arnold_OldSchool

So did Kevin's fans all get burned out from buying the Chicken little DVD on Tuesday?

I think this season has less appeal now with the Brent/Sam/Danny/Raj/Scott Savol/etc character gone. Yawn to Bucky and Lisa. This season is still good though. I am wondering why Taylor isn't considered universally the favorite, that guy has too much charisma (and so does Paris and Kellie too :-)). I hope they are in the top 3 and not annoying Chris, though Chris likely will be. Katharine finally stepped up after her last performance. Right now I am having doubts that Taylor/Chris can generate anywhere the same amount of interest as the Ruben/Clay final did.

You did NOT just lump Raj in with that group. A guy who hits on Anna Kournikova AND Robin - and goes 1 for 2 - deserves his own category.

By the way, did anyone else see the humor in Ryan Seacrest calling dude Chicken Little, even though he's bigger than Ryan (who must be the smallest pseudo-celebrity this side of Devito).

By the way, did anyone else see the humor in Ryan Seacrest calling dude Chicken Little, even though he's bigger than Ryan (who must be the smallest pseudo-celebrity this side of Devito).

It was funnier seeing Ryan stand next to the tall-but-gawky Ayla Brown, in my opinion.

Guest Arnold_OldSchool

He wasn't calling him chicken Little because he was short - it was the glasses and other facial features - do a side by side.

Guest fanofcoils

Kevin getting booted last night was one of the most shocking Idol boots ever.

You CANNOT be serious!

He shouldn't have even made the top 12. I've got him getting his first ass whoopin'/reality check at school this coming Monday.

Guest Princess Leena

Good dress for her to wear, though. Hides her small chest, and focuses on the hot body. I don't see how that makes her a slut... there's many more revealing prom dresses than that.

Guest fanofcoils

You CANNOT be serious!

He shouldn't have even made the top 12. I've got him getting his first ass whoopin'/reality check at school this coming Monday.

I am serious. Dialidol.com with using a 5% margin of error (well over their 2% margin of error) still made Kevin a lock to not even be in the bottom 3. I was surprised he was in the bottom 3 and the one to go. And the fact that he wasn't the worst this week and probably would get through, and more importantly he seemed to be the "Scott Savol" of the season, the worst contestant that goes far. Paris was shocked last night and so was I. It seems America is going to miss Kevin and his charisma now.

Guest Princess Leena

I'm also sort of surprised he went... basically because he's been quite high most weeks. And last week, he wasn't especially bad.

You're reading too much into the dialidol thing. There's far too many other variables to take it as fact with the margin of error, and such..

Guest fanofcoils

Dialidol.com is right like 83% of the time with their 2 or 3% margin of error, I would think by increasing it to 5% it would be almost perfect or perfect. I was surprised Kevin went home yesterday.

Wasn't Kevin in the bottom 3 once before? If so, he got the benefit of his "fans" rallying for a bit before thinking he was safe and the rest of America wasn't going to carry him. He was a niche performer and maybe all of the great-great-great grandmas out there forgot to vote for him this time. AI will not suffer in the least with his departure. The last 10 were the 10 best that got that far. I still think Gedeon, Patrick and Ayla had more talent than some who are still in the mix, but Cory Savage and Tits McGhee had to go first out of this dozen contestants.

Kevin was most likely hurt by his early success, where people who voted for him before thought he was safe so they didn't vote for him now.

I hope this puts an end to the Votefortheworst silliness.

yea probably.

hell, Idol will never be predictable when not everyone votes the same amounts every week due to busy signals and such.

perhaps you should only get one vote and have to register for it like a real election.

Dialidol.com is right like 83% of the time with their 2 or 3% margin of error, I would think by increasing it to 5% it would be almost perfect or perfect. I was surprised Kevin went home yesterday.

Whaaaaaaa? Doesn't increasing the margin for error... increase the margin of error?

Before they were 97-98% sure...now they are 95% sure.

You're on fire.

Guest fanofcoils

If contestant A is listed at "9" on dialidol.com and contestant B is listed at "18" on dialidol.com, with dialidol.com's 83% right 2% margin of error, contestant B would be safe. So if you increase the margin of error to 5% then contestant B would not be safe because 9 + 5 = 14 and 18 - 5 = 13 and 13 is under 14 so contestant B could be voted off. Get it?