TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jericholic82

AMERICAN IDOl-SEASON 5: THE THREAD

On going thoughts night two, part I

Patrick

--------

He doesn't look like a star, at all. That being said, I just didn't get into it all. I wouldn't say he sucks, but he wasn't special.

David

-------

Decent look but he needs a ward-robe change because he isn't pulling off the "Man in Black" look.

Ohhh, I loved the swerve there by Randy.

Damn- Katherine shaking that ass. FUUUCK

The first guy sucked. How are you going to say you chose a song because of its angst and desperation and then sing it like you're trying to audition for Rent? He totally screwed himself there.

The second guy is a crooner, thus he sucks by definition.

crazy, i thought that song was perfect for David...well, hey, they're the experts, not me.

David is a mimic, just like Paris. They're far too young and non geeky to actually be huge fans of music that hasn't been heard regularly since the days of their (great?) grandparents. You know they're fake because their speaking voices sound nothing like the characters they attempt to portray when singing.

crazy, i thought that song was perfect for David...well, hey, they're the experts, not me.

David is a mimic, just like Paris. They're far too young and non geeky to actually be huge fans of music that hasn't been heard regularly since the days of their (great?) grandparents. You know their fake because their speaking voices sound nothing like the characters they attempt to portray when singing.

very true, bro, very true. of course Axl Rose had a deep speaking voice so...

On going thoughts night two part II

Bucky

-------

Hmm, redneck metrosexual. Just what we needed.

I like the song selection and I guess he's going try to be this year's Bo.

and he is no fucking Bo Bice.

Bucky's pretty fucking good. Having said that, he will have to compete with Chris for the southern rocker vote. I think he's almost as good as Bo, and IMHO Bo was the best complete package of any guy in the first 4 seasons.

He just screamed that entire song and then the first thing he said post-performance clearly wasn't in english.

*1/4

Just to add to the Bo comparisons, beyond the longish hair and facial hair...

Bucky is just plain ugly. Bo wasn't. This stuff matters.

That's true, but the teenybopper vote will be divided amongst at least 4 or 5 guys, so I don't think it'll hurt him too much. I expect him to make the top 12 and end up around 9th or 10th after two girls get cut right off the top because most of them suck.

I don't like the 3rd Savage brother at all.

On going thoughts night two part III

Will

----

Bob Barron makes the mainstream. Seriously, why do they let kids on the show? At least the teen girls are mature sounding.

Paula is nuts, HS girls aren't going to fawn over the teen-boy.

Honestly, though he doesn't have a bad look, he wasn't special.

Paula is the only person that actually believes every person in the top 24 is great, and can win. I guess the talentless shouldn't be judging talent. Sway reminds me of the boxer David Tua and sings about as well as I would imagine he does.

On going thoughts night two part III

Will

----

Bob Barron makes the mainstream. Seriously, why do they let kids on the show? At least the teen girls are mature sounding.

Paula is nuts, HS girls aren't going to fawn over the teen-boy.

Honestly, though he doesn't have a bad look, he wasn't special.

Jose

-----

Sometimes, you can just look at a person and just know they won't be there at the end. He wasn't horrid but really, I thought the boys were gonna be good this time around?

I thought Sway was pretty bad, but he took a risk and I respect that. However, the Guys of American Idol seem to be like the WWE - they do not play to their strengths at all. When it comes to the first impressions, they seem to be doing a pretty bad job. Do this stuff later on in the competition when the fans expect one thing and get a nice surprise instead.

God, Randy and Paula thought that was good? What's wrong with them? Simon was dead on with that one.

Paula thinks she's good, so what does she know. Randy, though disapointed me.

God, Randy and Paula thought that was good? What's wrong with them? Simon was dead on with that one.

Paula thinks she's good, so what does she know. Randy, though disapointed me.

Randy goes gay for falsetto. If Chris sucks tonight, I don't know what to expect from this season.