TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

This week in the NBA

If the Sixers can take 2 of the next 3, I'll start to think they can make a little noise in the playoffs (as long as they're not Detroit or Miami fodder).

In an article in today's paper they said that apparently the team has started to let Mo coach them. Impressive, only 55 games in.

Webber and AI are very consistent with what they bring to the table. However, Andre Iguodala is the one who needs to step up to become the Sixers Richard Jefferson. He needs to become a lot more consistent and become that 2nd or 3rd go to option. Then and only then will they become a threat to get out of the 1st round of the playoffs.

Iggy's been becoming more of that type of player over the last several games. They need to make sure he gets his shots (as I don't think it's in him right now to demand them). When the Sixers are working, their not a bad offensive team. They need to outscore other teams to win though, so the games where the offense is AI and Webber jacking up shots, their going to lose.

Guest Smues

I want to like Turiaf, but it's so hard. He plays for the Lakers, went to Gonzaga, and now for the tri-fecta I just saw him on gnome is Burning. That's a lot to overcome.

Don't look now, but Darko is starting to be productive off the Magic bench. 8 pts, 5 boards and 2 blocks in 22 minutes v. Seattle, 6 points, 3 boards, 4 blocks and 2 steals in 19 minutes against Houston. In the two games combined he shot 5/9 from the field and 4/4 from the line.

I meant Rashard Lewis at worst, Fortson at best. I don't know about Ben Wallace. We've only seen very little of Turiaf in the pros.

At WORSE he would be a All Star caliber small forward? And at Best he would be a backup powerforward?

Ignoring the fact the Lewis is a 6' 10 small forward that averages 20 + points and is one of the better perimeter shooters in the league and Turiaf is a energetic power forward/center that can basically make layups and rebound, are you dissin Rashard Lewis?

I'm so happy I got to see the Celtics play. That was the first time this season I think they've been on national TV and I've been available to watch the entire game. I heart Delonte West.

Guest Vitamin X

I meant Rashard Lewis at worst, Fortson at best. I don't know about Ben Wallace. We've only seen very little of Turiaf in the pros.

At WORSE he would be a All Star caliber small forward? And at Best he would be a backup powerforward?

Ignoring the fact the Lewis is a 6' 10 small forward that averages 20 + points and is one of the better perimeter shooters in the league and Turiaf is a energetic power forward/center that can basically make layups and rebound, are you dissin Rashard Lewis?

Nevermind. I was thinking about someone else. I don't even know why I mentioned Rashard Lewis.

My point behind any of what I was saying is that it was a little early to draw any comparisons to anyone who's made a name for themselves in the league yet, since Turiaf just a. recovered from open heart surgery he just had a few months ago and b. has barely played.

Hell, I remember a year or two ago people were calling Brian Cook the next Karl Malone. Let's not jump to conclusions so quickly.

But Turiaf, I see the Ben Wallace in him. Fortson could be Ben Wallace but he has no timing on blocking shots. He can only own the boards. Turiaf has the ability to do both. Bynum, Turiaf, Odem, Bryant and some unnamed big point guard are the lakers future starting lineup. (It aint' gonna be Smush)

The point guard will be Vujacic unless they want to make a big FA signing. I like him, he's a good stopper, pest, great shooter, and young.

Guest Vitamin X

It's not that bad yet. In fact, we could just call it This week in Ronny Turiaf, but then that would just sound wrong.

So yeah, I guess we can go ahead and change the name of the thread to "This week in the LA Lakers" then?

Once the talk about this team and this team only goes on for a month, then it's at that point.

So yeah, I guess we can go ahead and change the name of the thread to "This week in the LA Lakers" then?

Once the talk about this team and this team only goes on for a month, then it's at that point.

All we'd need to do is convince Cena's Writer to root for the Lakers. Aside from him arguing that the worst deals imaginable are positives I don't think there's a lot of Knicks fanboy behavior here, it's just that he ends up taking on 10 guys at once all of the time because he's got those orange and blue glasses to look through.

Has anyone ever seen a bigger pussy at an NBA game than the guy who got clipped in the nose by KG's errant ball toss? Dude had to be 250-300 pounds and got carted off on a fucking stretcher like he had a traumatic experience. If I was a relative of his, I'd be ashamed.

Guest Smues
Has anyone ever seen a bigger pussy at an NBA game than the guy who got clipped in the nose by KG's errant ball toss? Dude had to be 250-300 pounds and got carted off on a fucking stretcher like he had a traumatic experience. If I was a relative of his, I'd be ashamed.

I'm 99.9% sure that was all a show to help his eventual multi-million dollar lawsuit.

I'm 99.9% sure that was all a show to help his eventual multi-million dollar lawsuit.

Yeah, well I'm pretty sure there's small print regarding attending an NBA game and the possibility of a loose ball or player ending up in the stands. If he was hoping for a fat payout he's going to be real disapointed.

I didn't see it, but it sounds hilarious.

I can't believe that you left .1 percent. That was fucking sad. The little girl was crying because her dad was being a fucking embrassment.

The Hawks win again in overtime tonight over the nets. Great game.

I have confidence for the future of this team.

Josh Smith should bulk up so he can be strong enough to defend PF's. He is a great finisher around the basket, in the top 10 in block shots (honestly, I think he is the best shot blocker in the NBA), has a decent shot from 15 feet and he has the height. If he bulks up a little or gets stronger, he is the solution at the PF.

Josh Childress is the solution at the SG. The guy has been fucking amazing. If he hadn't had such a slow start more people would notice. But just to throw in some numbers, he is averaging 18 points a game in his last 5, he he is shooting 55 percent from the field for the year (second in the NBA) and 50 percent from 3 and in February the dude is shooting 58 percent from the field and 56 percent from 3. Dude has the handles to be the back up point, the size to be a shut down defender.

Joe Johnson is the guy at the point. He was shaky at the start of the year too, but now he is learning to balance scoring and passing. He is averaging 10 assist per game for February, and 18 per game. He is utilizing his size against smaller guards and he is apparently quick enough to defend the guys too.

Things are looking up for this team.

Yeah, the fan with the KG ball tossing thing probably will not want to walk around in public for the next 3-6 months.

Any of the Hawks core going to be FA's at the end of the year?

Yeah, well I'm pretty sure there's small print regarding attending an NBA game and the possibility of a loose ball or player ending up in the stands. If he was hoping for a fat payout he's going to be real disapointed.

I didn't see it, but it sounds hilarious.

Let me paint you a visual.

KG tosses a ball into the crowd that was about as "savage" in its pace as when the ref bounces a ball to a free throw shooter.

Next we see a fat piece of shit touching the tip of his nose as if to check if it was still attached.

The camera zooms in tight on a red faced little girl (his soon to be fat, piece of shit daughter) who is in hysterics at this point.

Then the fat piece of shit is seen getting all hot and bothered like a woman who just got proposed to at a sporting event, complete with the requisite hand trembling.

I guess shock set in, because the hand trembling begins to look like he's having palsy or an epileptic seizure at this point.

The next image is the guy being strapped to a fucking gurney and carted off like Mama Benjamin, only this "soldier" didn't have a neckboard to stabilize himself.

Big Z got an actual HOLE in his skull opened up by a Sheed elbow yesterday and was pouring blood down his face, but didn't get nearly as fazed by it as this fat piece of shit who was selling it like he took a shotgun blast at close range.

In fact, there have been athletes who have had broken necks that made less of a hissy fit than this fat piece of shit. It was easily the saddest, as in most pathetic, thing I've ever seen, but at least Jim Rome and Michael Wilbon ripped him mercilessly on ESPN today.

Yeah, the fan with the KG ball tossing thing probably will not want to walk around in public for the next 3-6 months.

Any of the Hawks core going to be FA's at the end of the year?

Al Harrington is the only one, but him leaving will open up space for Marvin Williams, who will be a very good player. He is a great shooter and rebounder and has the handles to be a slasher and finisher at the basket. He has shown a knack for hitting big shots.

While Al Harrington has been a very good player for the Hawks, when he is missing, Childress minutes increase and so do Marvins and the play alot better. Sign and trade Harrington for...well...anything, and they will be doing okay. I am already hoping that they take a shot at David Lee.

I've noticed Marvin Williams developing quite nicely here the last month. Probrably coincides with more PT. I think if he can have a nice 25 game stretch here, the Hawks future becomes that much brighter.

I'll also go on to say that despite not having a so called star on the team, they are a very exciting team to watch, particularly the last month or so because they're now competitive.