TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

This week in the NBA

Several media outlets are reporting that James Dolan has called off Isiah Thomas' scouting trip to Europe for a special "state of the team" meeting in Memphis. I would assume the axe is about to fall.

At this point, why not keep Isiah around. He's clearly generating interest in the team and providing a lot of entertainment. Although not necessarily for Knicks fans, but whatever. I've been enjoying it.

I love Dama getting No-Sold by the NBA fans while he attempts to proclaim his love for the Celtics.

I don't need you to validate me liking them.

Yeah, let's just zap this one before it gets out of hand. Dama likes the Celtics. He may do so. Don't bait him

At this point, why not keep Isiah around. He's clearly generating interest in the team and providing a lot of entertainment. Although not necessarily for Knicks fans, but whatever. I've been enjoying it.

May your favorite teams all be stricken with management worse than the Layden/Isiah/Dolans era Knicks.

It's quite an eerie feeling that this Isiah news item coincides with the Hoosiers' coaching vacancy.

Please don't fire him.

There's a lot of speculation that Isiah requested to leave so he can go coach at IU. I hope it happens so I can take some joy as he destroys another once proud basketball organization. Everyone else seems to laugh at the Knicks' expense and I'd like to be in on the joke damnit.

guard Tony Delk signed with the Pistons as the 2nd backup guard alongside Lindsay Hunter, replacing Carlos Arroyo. should be announced tomorrow morning.

Pretty good pickup, I like Delk's play. He's not great but he doesn't have to be, he just needs to be competant for 5-10 minutes a game without fucking everything up the way Arroyo did every other game.

I am worried about the Suns now. Yeah, they have won 7 in a row, but with Kurt Thomas missing the next two months, Amare still questionable, Tstilisvili out, and Brian Grant not close to being ready to come back, they have NO big men. Except Pat fucking Burke.

Everyday I remember that Colangelo traded Marj Lampe, Jackson Vroman for Jim Jackson (who doesn't touch the court now) and Zarko Carbarkapa for a 2nd round pick that will probably never make the team, and Jake Voskul for a 2nd rounder...I get pissed.

You have a 6 game lead in the division. It would take a total collapse of your team to lose that. Plus as good as the LA teams are, I don't think they're good enough to make that kind of push since you're up 6 games on the Clips and 10 on the Lakers with 26 games or so to play. In the regular season, you can get away with playing small ball a lot easier.

If all those big men are not back come playoff time, then I'd start panicking because it's hard to hide a big man deficiency in a 7 game series vs. the same team.

Surprised this has yet to be mentioned

Bryan Golangelo left the Suns and took a job with the Raptors.

Guest Vitamin X

Now that's an interesting job he has ahead of him rebuilding the Raptors. Hell if he could do it for the Suns..

There's a lot of speculation that Isiah requested to leave so he can go coach at IU. I hope it happens so I can take some joy as he destroys another once proud basketball organization. Everyone else seems to laugh at the Knicks' expense and I'd like to be in on the joke damnit.

Actually, Isiah would probably be a GREAT college coach. He's obviously got an eye for talent and he's a smooth operator so he'd be a great recruiter. He gets instant respect from young players for being such a great player, and he's a student of Bobby Knight, who like him or not gets results.

Actually, Isiah would probably be a GREAT college coach. He's obviously got an eye for talent and he's a smooth operator so he'd be a great recruiter. He gets instant respect from young players for being such a great player, and he's a student of Bobby Knight, who like him or not gets results.

Except he would probably try and recruit 4 point guards, 5 shooting guards, 4 small forwards and one guy who can play the pivot.

Now that's an interesting job he has ahead of him rebuilding the Raptors. Hell if he could do it for the Suns..

The Raptors are in prime position to be a really good team within the next few years if they can get Mike James and Chris Bosh re-signed. They need a good FA pickup or trade too, because they can't survive with the team they've had in the past.

EDIT: Dwight Howard just got posterized by Odom, Turiaf is the shit, and Darko isn't all that bad, but the Magic are.

While that is mostly true, you forgot one important point: the guy couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag.

Not to shoot down Bryan, but he is a little overrated as a GM. The Suns have GREAT scouts, which is why the seldom have bust out of their drafts unless they have only late LATE picks. But when it comes to trades...dude is horrible. Getting free agents...not that great. SUns ownership and players and coaches all went to whoo Steve Nash, and if not for that huge contract he probably still wouldn't have left.

Toronto has a great young core with Bosh, James and the improving Charlie Villu-whatshisname. BUT their ability to KEEP free agents is going to be the big thing. I personally don't think that Toronto will ever be able to sign a big named free agent. I just don't see it.

I appears that the Suns are going to sign Tim Thomas, mostly for their lack of size right now. As long as he can hit a WIDE OPEN 3, run the floor and finish he will be useful. Since he can do all of the above, I have no problem with this signing.

There's a mock lottery machine at ESPN.com. I've gone through it for about 20 minutes, and I've come back with every team getting #1 except for the Kings and Jazz, who have the longest shots right now.

Portland, Seattle, Toronto, and Orlando are all picking Adam Morrison, Chicago, Atlanta, Houston, and Golden State are picking LaMarcus Aldridge, and Charlotte, Minnesota, and Boston are picking Rudy Gay. If Sacramento and Utah stay at 13 and 14, it has them taking Brandon Roy and JJ Redick, respectively.

I would like to mention that it is FUCKED up that they are snubbing Iverson from the Olympic team. FUCKED up.

Suns just released Jimmy Jackson. It's a shame, but I could see it coming. He played so well for them last year in the playoffs and then got no time this year. They are the front runners in the Tim Thomas sweepstakes, but they still only had 14 on the roster including Jackson. Suns were team 11, where do you guys see team 12 being? You think the Spurs try for him if the Suns get Thomas?

I've always considered Jim Jackson to be a much better player than he has ever gotten credit for. Is there something about him that doesn't get much coverage in the media? If I were a GM, he's exactly the type of role player I would go for.

When he was younger, he had a rep of being a total asshole and real prick in the lockeroom. He still has a little of that in him today, but he has been humbled the last 3-4 years since he's accepted he's a role player now and not a #1-3 scoring option.

The Lakers really want a shooter. They wanted Delk, but I'm sure they'll take a look at Jackson.

Outside of Bryant, they don't have a guy at that position that can make consistent shots. If they wanted Delk, they'll want him.

I would like to mention that it is FUCKED up that they are snubbing Iverson from the Olympic team. FUCKED up.

I mentioned my thoughts on this a little bit in the other thread, but it's not really a snub. There was obviously a feeling from Colangelo and the selection committee that Iverson didn't really offer what they needed for whatever reason (be it age, durability, attitude or whatever). He had his chance in 2004.