TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vanhalen

The Youtube Thread

The Foundation gets introd at Canadian Stampede IYH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tg7Nw8VD-tc...ted&search=

weird that only 2 of the 5 were actually canadian (and 2 were american) but hey still a great moment for canada I guess

Still one of my five most patriotic moments ever.

weird that only 2 of the 5 were actually canadian (and 2 were american) but hey still a great moment for canada I guess

thinking about it, kinda odd that canadians took Brets actions as patriotic, when it basically seemed as if he was using his family and international fans since he was so insecure and upset about being screwed since his WWF comeback. But I suppose I understand why.

Not that I'm trying to hate on Canada here cuz I'm not. I have never been there so I can't judge it, plus all the Canadians I have talked to online and at this board are all pretty nice. :D

anyhow time to check out the Pillman/Austin gun thing

lmao at Austin drowning pillmans friend in a kiddee pool

its amazing to think that Ausitn wound up as the face after this

the best part was on this night (11/4/96, I remember cuz its my parents wedding annivesary) RAW debuted at 7:57 pm, with great family-friendly entertainment such as this

Man, we could re-start the "you can't say that on tv" thread based on that bit. Three clear 'son of a bitch' and one 'mother fucker'.

Grab him, Kelly! Grab the gun! Oh, when Lawler was funny :D

The entire Austin/Pillman fued was great stuff.

But the gun angle was some of the best tv I've ever seen. Everyone played thier roles so perfectly through the whole thing.

The best part is that the crowd is so loud before Bret's entrance is music is almost completely drowned out. You can hear very small pieces of it right when they start their walk to the ring, and notice the HUUUUGE smile on Pillman's face, probably one of the last great moments he was involved in before his death.

Too bad the Austin-Bret feud never had a blowoff, Austin winning his first title from Bret at wm 14 would have meant so much more.

Canadian Stampede was the blowoff. The Hart Foundation proved that Canada was the dominant country. Austin was pinned by Owen, and he was like "Holy shit, I can't even beat Bret's little brother, I better not bother Bret anymore." So Bret went back into the world title picture, and Austin went on to feud with Owen over the IC title. At least, that's the way it came off to me. :)

Uploading Bret's heel speech to youtube now.

The best part is that the crowd is so loud before Bret's entrance is music is almost completely drowned out. You can hear very small pieces of it right when they start their walk to the ring, and notice the HUUUUGE smile on Pillman's face, probably one of the last great moments he was involved in before his death.

It's hard to tell there since the sound is so horrible.

Can you upload the Bret Hart/Faarooq match from later that year? I liked it soley for the whole Hart Foundation/Nation Of Domination mini-feud that was going on at that time. I really like the unity that The Hart Foundation showed in the aftermath of Brian Pillman's death.

Or do you not have it?

Ladies & Gentlemen of TSM, without any further adeu................

The only complaint I have about that whole deal was the obvious flashes of WWF photographers taking pictures throughout the whole thing. It's like "Holy Shit! Austin's breaking in! Call the cops! But let's make sure we get a picture of it for the next WWF Magazine with Sid on the cover!"

Minor, though. That was gold, and I can remember EVERYONE talking about it at school the next day.

Can you upload the Bret Hart/Faarooq match from later that year? I liked it soley for the whole Hart Foundation/Nation Of Domination mini-feud that was going on at that time. I really like the unity that The Hart Foundation showed in the aftermath of Brian Pillman's death.

Or do you not have it?

I doubt I have it. I don't think I have any RAWs in 97 from after Pillman died, aside from a DX comp I bought.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37GeJgc7sg4 Austin promos before Survivor Series 96

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBgG0bRmcLA Austin/Bret video package

"Pink tights? What the hell is that all about Bret? This isn't a ballet class!"

Damn, what happened to the realness, the intensity, and the emotion? This is the kind of stuff that made me start watching wrestling. Austin seems legit scary and it feels like Bret should be fearful for his life. And Bret was as convincing as you can get as a frustrated person going insane. I much preferred serial killer Austin to drunken redneck face Austin.

The Austin/Bret feud never flat out ended I don't think, it just ended up being a part of a bigger Austin vs. Hart Foundation feud. It segued into Austin vs. Owen. The flat out blowoff to the entire feud was Survivor Series 1997 where Austin came back from the injury and squashed Owen for the IC title.

The last actual Austin/Bret interaction to me was the Raw show where Austin destroyed Bret's leg and attacked him in the ambulance.

The return of HBK shifted the focus off of Austin and Bret to Bret and HBK which am glad for. Austin/Bret is feud that had a natural transition instead of a blow off(which sometimes have bad endings). Most feuds have a bad or weak ending.

You know after watching that, they should have just kept HBK face. He was over still, there really was no need for it.

If Michaels' injury was bad as they said it was, under no way, shape, or form would he have agreed to do that angle where he gets beat up.