TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vanhalen

The Youtube Thread

Guest wildpegasus

Two awesome Dynamite Kid vs Tiger Mask Videos

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Z3Ks90kH6aY

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6HS3WkS07mU

Tiger Mask Video Cold As Ice -- See why Tiger Mask perhaps had the most wow factor of all time

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jmxb8oIZ-RU

See the Original Tiger Mask Tv Show starting and ending -- EXTREMELY rare! Man, I love this show

http://youtube.com/watch?v=c3XkeLid0oQ

Rockers vs Power and Glory from Summerslam 90

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bxQvQcc8wLI

Couple things strike me about that sgement:

That was pretty good writing from a booking standpoint, but probably shouldn't have been done - Intriguing, but it was a little outside the boundaries of good taste, whether or not they were in character.

Is it hypocritical of me to furhter love Bret and hate HBK because of that segment?

Say what you will about Bret and wrestling; He always made me proud to be Canadian.

That was pretty good writing from a booking standpoint, but probably shouldn't have been done - Intriguing, but it was a little outside the boundaries of good taste, whether or not they were in character.

Is it hypocritical of me to furhter love Bret and hate HBK because of that segment?

Say what you will about Bret and wrestling; He always made me proud to be Canadian.

No argument here, and I'm an American, Bah Gawd. How many Americans actually liked The Hart Foundation during that era?

Damn what a time that was...Austin, HBK, Bret and the Hart Foundation...when did Neidhart return and what were the circumstances?

And could you imagine the Triple Threat that could've been? HBK vs Stone Cold vs Bret Hart?

Damn what a time that was...Austin, HBK, Bret and the Hart Foundation...when did Neidhart return and what were the circumstances?

And could you imagine the Triple Threat that could've been? HBK vs Stone Cold vs Bret Hart?

Spoiler:

Bret jobs

Spoiler:

Bret jobs

Or, a no contest because of a melee.

No argument here, and I'm an American, Bah Gawd. How many Americans actually liked The Hart Foundation during that era?

I was a major mark for the Hart Foundation back in the US vs. Canada fued. I brought a crappy colored pencil on notebook paper Canadian flag to the Return of the Taker in Your House in April 1997.

That look Bret gives the crowd while hugging Owen and Davey is AWESOME! Now we just need his "I hate America" monolouge where he proceeds to kill HBK at the end that sealed his heel turn. Great stuff.

That look Bret gives the crowd while hugging Owen and Davey is AWESOME! Now we just need his "I hate America" monolouge where he proceeds to kill HBK at the end that sealed his heel turn. Great stuff.

I'll upload it if you want. I'm in the mood to watch some 97 WWF.

I was just about to say we needed that speech from the previous week. I'm going on record as saying that that promo, followed by his beating the hell out of HBK was my favourite moment in wrestling history.

Of course, Leif Cassidy patting Bret on the back as he walks back to the dressing room didn't hurt. There was also an exceptionally good lucha match IIRC.

Shopping with The Million Dollar Man from the World Tour '91

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYLe5Pn8cxg

Bart Gunn gets knocked the fuck out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnkrYmBWth4

poor Bart. damn that was a knockout. Even Gorilla mOnsoon (who looks terrible here, jsut months before his death), had a look of "damn you got knocked out!")

that lost my smile shawn speech confused the hell out of me back then as a mark. IS your knee hurt, or are you depressed (the smile part). plus he does look weird with a beard no? what I mean is what was the point of him saying that instead of just saying hey my knees messed up?

maybe so hed have an excuse when he came back in may and was just fine? also notice how he said he never had adoctor tell him his career might be over, when just a year prior they did the collpase angle on raw with owen, and hinted he may never wrestle again?

pretty funny to see the crowd boo and chant for sid, but back then I was a big shawn fan and was rather upset at this turn of events

wait wasnt he supposed to job the belt back to sid that night? why does everyone mention bret? or am I wrong

Neidhart just showed up one night on RAW soon after the reunion of owen and bret to attack Austin on behalf of bret

as for the angle itself, I was always a big Bret fan so even at wm 13 I still was for him after the match, though perturbed that he was acting all heelish. when he said all that anti-america stuff I was pissed, considering I had always cheered for him. so that lead me to be an Austin fan so I backed the usa side of course. But it was more out of anger toward Bret then real patriotic to me. yes I was still very markish even though I was a freshmen in high school at the time. you know, and it seemed like he was using his brother and friends to help him

You know I never understood why he just couldnt be a heel and had to result to being just anti american, maybe cuz he knew hed get cheered outside of here. But as it turned out it was a great angle with awesome moments and reactions. Too bad the Austin-Bret feud never had a blowoff, Austin winning his first title from Bret at wm 14 would have meant so much more.

actually Bret was wrong there, Owen and Davey were fighting (kayfabe-wise I mean), cuz Owen was always being such a dick to Davey and trying to steal the spotlight and stuff.