TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vanhalen

The Youtube Thread

Guest J0bber

A bit off topic, but Robocop in someone's sig! Hell yeah, a markout moment!

That brings back some great memories. HHH sprinting across the ring about 4 or 5 times to deliver the weekest splash in history and win the title brought tears to my eyes at the time. It's just a shame that every clip I have d/l since, the video has been choppy as fuck.

Vince McMahon announces he has bought WCW

You know, as much as this angle completely bombed, you dont know what I would've given to NOT know WCW was bought out by McMahon. Shame I had already read about this on the internet. WCW had hyped the week before that Bischoff would be there. I wonder what would've went through my mind to see VINCE MCMAHON on Nitro, not knowing he would be there?

Vince McMahon announces he has bought WCW

You know, as much as this angle completely bombed, you dont know what I would've given to NOT know WCW was bought out by McMahon. Shame I had already read about this on the internet. WCW had hyped the week before that Bischoff would be there. I wonder what would've went through my mind to see VINCE MCMAHON on Nitro, not knowing he would be there?

I am the same way. The night Vince came on TV I knew about the buyout but the friends I was with didn't know and I decided not to tell them in advance. They just sat their stunned and silent, since they liked WCW more then WWE and they knew that it officially meant the end of their favorite wrestling company.

I truly believe that in the last couple of months of WCW they were beginning to turn the company around and were pushing young and new talent. The turnaround just came a few months to late.

The Yeti arrives at Halloween Havoc

This may have been posted already, but it is an interesting clip to say the least. Giant has Hogan in a bearhug, and Luger and Savage run down for the save. Then, as soon as they hit the ring, Luger turns on Savage. Then an 8 FOOT TALL MUMMY walks down to the ring, and well, it looks like he and Giant are trying to have relations with Hogan. Yeti appears to actually be humping Hogan's backside during the double-Bearhug.

I hadn't gotten back into wrestling at this point (I was out of the loop from mid1993-late1995), but had the fans already started to turn on Hogan by this time? I ask because Luger throws Hogan into the Torture Rack (much to the disgust of Shiavonne) after the double-Bearhug, and a majority of the crowd goes BATSHIT with joy!

By then the only reason Hogan was over the DoD was they were twice as awful as he. The crowd was ready for Hogan to leave.

And is Big Ron Stud really taller than Big Show?

By then the only reason Hogan was over the DoD was they were twice as awful as he. The crowd was ready for Hogan to leave.

And is Big Ron Stud really taller than Big Show?

I pulled this from ObsessedwithWrestling.com

Ron Reis/Yeti/Big Ron Studd/Reese/Giant Ninja - 7'2, 365 lbs

Big Show - 7'1, 493 lbs

Reis has him by 1 inch.

I remember a episode of Nitro when Juvi beat Reese. I forgot all about that until the name of Reis was mentioned.

I remember a episode of Nitro when Juvi beat Reese. I forgot all about that until the name of Reis was mentioned.

Vampiro, I may be wrong, but I want to say Juvi got the upset over Reese at Great American Bash '98, or some other ppv around there. Not too long after that, they were a tag team for a short time.

Vampiro, I may be wrong, but I want to say Juvi got the upset over Reese at Great American Bash '98, or some other ppv around there. Not too long after that, they were a tag team for a short time.

You could be right on that. I just remember watching those two have a match in 1998, and since I didn't get PPV back then I was assuming it was Nitro. Hell for all I know it was Thunder or Saturday Night.