TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KGB

NHL Thread

This is a nightmare I'm having 97- 04 flashbacks.

edit: ALRIGHT LETS DO THIS.

Dude, they lost to the Devils and their nefarious trap on the road and the best team in the league (pointwise) by a goal each. If they were dropping blowouts to Pissburgh or the Caps I could see the need for panic. I think they should be able to rebound after a little lull here.

I've got no problem with them losing. i saw some stat the other day they've only lost five games this year (not including OT losses) by more than one goal.

The effort tonight just reminded me of the last seven years when Messier, Holik, Bure, ect .. wouldn't show up for every period of every game.

Montreal played very well against Phili I thought tonight, and it really sucked that the lost in the shootout but gained one point up on Tampa.

Habs/Leafs tomorrow night.

Montreal played very well against Phili I thought tonight, and it really sucked that the lost in the shootout but gained one point up on Tampa.

I only saw the last few minutes of the game & the OT/shootout, but the little of what I saw was awesome. The move by Souray to score the tying goal ... I really didn't think that he had it in him.

And even though I'm supposed to fall in line & praise the shootout ... I still think it sucks.

I only saw the last few minutes of the game & the OT/shootout, but the little of what I saw was awesome. The move by Souray to score the tying goal ... I really didn't think that he had it in him.

And even though I'm supposed to fall in line & praise the shootout ... I still think it sucks.

Agreed. Thats the perfect way to tie the game....From a Montreal perspective.

The Sabres do it again, 3-2. Sorry Nskie.

And god dammit, the Habs spend longer in the penalty box than I can last in bed, and it's a 5-3 Leafs win. Wanting all 6 Canuck teams in the playoffs as I do, this is good in principle but bad in practise.

As much as I'd also like to see it, CG, there's pretty much no way for it to happen except a total collapse by the Devils or Lightning...and even then, I don't know that the Leafs have that big a run in them.

Kings are 6th in the West. FUCK YEAH! I actually want to see Calgary in the 1st round, but LA's quickly creeping up on Dallas.

The Sabres do it again, 3-2. Sorry Nskie.

No reason to mourn for me ... I'm actually rooting against the Bruins right now. I want there to be major changes to this team, in the front office (goodbye, MOC), behind the bench (goodbye, Sullivan) and on the ice (goodbye, Samsonov, Gill, Leetch). If the team had won some games coming out of the break, they might have thought that they should have been buyers at the deadline. Now that they're losing, it'll hopefully be obvious that they should be sellers.

I don't want them to get shelled or anything like that, but nice, 1-goal losses where they choke TWO leads away should be enough to make it obvious that the team is NOT a Cup-contender.

Oiler's trade a 1st rounder and a conditional pick for Dwayne Roloson. Overall i'm pretty happy with the deal. Roloson is only 6-17 but has a 3.00 gaa and a .910 save percentage. People are slamming the deal on hfboards and the comment section of tsn.ca but to me it's solid. The Oilers gave up a first rounder in a weak draft that they won't have a top 10 pick in and didn't touch anyone on the main roster. I'm confident Roloson will sign in the offseason for another year or 2.

Yeah, Roloson's record is VERY deceiving. His personal stats are solid enough, but for some reason Minnesota is playing worse in front of him than with Manny Fernandez in goal. Per 60 minutes, Roloson faces 33.5 shots against, much higher than Manny's 28.6 shots against. Teams that allow over 30 shots per game generally don't win much unless they're very powerful on offense.

If Roloson plays for Edmonton like he has with Minnesota, they should be in fairly good shape.

Also, Mariusz Czerkawksi was waived by Toronto and subsequently claimed by Boston. I am hardly a fan of his at all, but I didn't think Quinn gave him much of a fair shake so I hope he can at least get some more playing time with the Bruins. It's funny, Czerkawski has had multiple 30 goal seasons but he rots in the press box... meanwhile O'Neill (another 30 goal scorer) stinks (and I mean STINKS) it up all year long and was only a healthy scratch once.

Also, Mariusz Czerkawksi was waived by Toronto and subsequently claimed by Boston. I am hardly a fan of his at all, but I didn't think Quinn gave him much of a fair shake so I hope he can at least get some more playing time with the Bruins. It's funny, Czerkawski has had multiple 30 goal seasons but he rots in the press box... meanwhile O'Neill (another 30 goal scorer) stinks (and I mean STINKS) it up all year long and was only a healthy scratch once.

You mean the Polish Princess???

That Roloson deal is awful. All it did was set the bar that everyone's going to be traded for too much. He's not worth a 1st round pick.

The New York Islanders have traded forward Mark Parrish and Brent Sopel to the Los Angeles Kings in exchange for Denis Grebeshkov and Jeff Tambellini.

FUCK. I didn't want Sopel and didn't want to trade Tambellini. Grebeshkov sucks, no defense Gonchar type. Parrish is good, so the trade's good. Kind of a wash.

Ville Nieminen went from the Sharks to the Rags for a 3rd round pick too. The deals are pouring in right now.

Sportsnet (complete with Nick Kypreos still on his cellphone) just said that the Habs sent Theodore to Colorado for Aebischer.

Oh my shit. The Avs just got ripped. GOOD.

EDIT: You know what, they probably want to get Luongo while sending Theo the other way. Hmm.....

This Avs/Habs trade is just the start. Something huge is gonna go down tomorrow; perhaps the Canucks and Panthers will be involved?

Wave bye-bye to Ken Klee, Leafs fans. TSN has him going to the Devils for Alexander Suglobov.

Senators are having another one of Those Games, where they decide to be nice guys and give the puck to the opponents at every opportunity.

Wave bye-bye to Ken Klee, Leafs fans. TSN has him going to the Devils for Alexander Suglobov.

I hear he was NJ's 2nd best prospect, behind Parise.

Now that's the kind of trade I wanted to see. Good for you, JFJ (for a change).

Im still not sure how I feel about Aebischer to the Habs...Huet's playing fairly well, Theodore has to bounce back sooner or later...Is Aebischer that much more playoff proven? I'm not denying his talent, but Theodore was REVERED in Montreal as recently as six months ago. The issue, I think, is one more stud defenceman.

Even if it works out well for the Habs...Somerthing doesnt sit well with us trading a goalie to Denver....

So what, Milbuiry needed to cement his "ahem" legacy with one more bad trade? Tsn.ca mentioned in the report on Parrish moving west that Parrish came to Long Island for, get this, Luongo AND Jokinnen.

There's no way I'm not calling in sick tomorrow.

Coming from someone who saw Huet down the stretch last season, trust me, you do not want him to be your #1. With Theo's cap number, Gainey did the right thing.