TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Arnold_OldSchool

WON Notes - Rey hurt - Warrior lawsuits...

Guest Arnold_OldSchool

Batista's doctors have told him late summer is the goal for his return, WWE wants him back by May (Brilliant)

RAW is setting up a September show in Mexico in a 50,000 seat arena

TNA talked with Bruno Sammartino about being a baby facr commish vs Larry Z's heel commish

Bobby Heenan may get back at Blackjack Lanza while inducting him into the HOF this year. What's the heat? lanza inducted Heenan 2 years ago and did a speech that left those in attendence speechless and Heenan's kid crying for all the wrong reasons. His remarks were cut from the DVD

Giant Singh is expected to be called up after WM. He will be on SD! and is playing a baby face in Deep South

The 2nd SNME will be June 17th

A unnamed wrestler recently called up with a crap gimmick nearly quit the business after years of trying to break it big. He was talked out of it.

Hogan bought a new 12 million dollar mansion. Its his 4th house.

WWE newest money losing venture....I mean outside business venture is a "Men's Lifestyles magizine" that will be produced soon

Sid Vicious was talked about by creative as a guy to bring in for a Wrestlemania Main event spot. (Yikes)

Juvi called Christian up and sucked up to him trying to get a TNA spot

Team 3D will face Aja Kong and another woman on the next HUSTLE Show

Warrior is suing THQ over his likeness being used in a WWE video game

TNA offered Kanyon a one day contract, he refused to sign it because that one day deal would give TNA rights to his merchandise for the rest of his career

Paul Orndorff recently stated "The WWE HOF is crap, I did it for the payoff" He went on to say "Working with Piper/Flair was boring. I liked what Mr. T brought to the table"

Hillbilly Jim did a Deep South angle with Matt Striker where Striker told him Hillbilly Jim is not a politically correct name. He suggested "Appalician American James"

Rey jr is having knee issues again

Thanks for posting these.

Hopefully Rey's knees being bad holds off on him winning at Mania and Angle gets to retain. Rey can win at Summerslam against Trips or something for all I care.

Warrior is suing THQ over his likeness being used in a WWE video game

I would assume this is from the Create-a-Wrestler feature/preset moveset that is in the game for him?

Thanks for posting. Doesn't look like the WWE has any damn common sense these days with trying to get Batista back before he's healed up properly, trying to get Sid at WrestleMania, and now seeing Rey Jr. have knee problems (which leads me to believe he won't be winning the belt @ Mania).

Guest Arnold_OldSchool

The Heenan thing I imagine was "Bobby's a drunk" stories

Say what you want about Sid but I never had a problem with the guy. He wasn't graceful or a good wrestler by any stretch of the imagination, but he had ring presence. He looked like he could break you in half, and I still think he threw some of the best punches. He looked like he was trying to smash your head into your shoulders. I don't think he should've gotten a main event spot, but I wouldn't have minded him having a short match with someone.

Say what you want about Sid but I never had a problem with the guy. He wasn't graceful or a good wrestler by any stretch of the imagination, but he had ring presence. He looked like he could break you in half, and I still think he threw some of the best punches. He looked like he was trying to smash your head into your shoulders.

So basically, the only thing seperating him from Snitsky are his punches.

There would be no rational justification for having Sid on any sort of wrestling card these days.

Say what you want about Sid but I never had a problem with the guy. He wasn't graceful or a good wrestler by any stretch of the imagination, but he had ring presence. He looked like he could break you in half, and I still think he threw some of the best punches. He looked like he was trying to smash your head into your shoulders.

So basically, the only thing seperating him from Snitsky are his punches.

There would be no rational justification for having Sid on any sort of wrestling card these days.

SID, had IT. Snitsky, has nothing.

Batista's doctors have told him late summer is the goal for his return, WWE wants him back by May (Brilliant)

WTF? Why risk reinjury? I know Batista will come back early if the docs let him. The company should not be motivating him to come back before he is ready.

A unnamed wrestler recently called up with a crap gimmick nearly quit the business after years of trying to break it big. He was talked out of it.

Anyone want to take a stab as to who this 'unnamed wrestler' could be?

WWE newest money losing venture....I mean outside business venture is a "Men's Lifestyles magizine" that will be produced soon

I am utterly speechless. Why? I wonder wHHHo's idea this could be? Seriously, what genius thought this will work?

Rey jr is having knee issues again
He will have knee issues the rest of his life. I'm not surprised by this update at all.

Mikey, Johnny, Nick, Mitch, or Kenny.

I could totally buy it being Johnny Jeter.

Paul Orndorff recently stated "The WWE HOF is crap, I did it for the payoff" He went on to say "Working with Piper/Flair was boring. I liked what Mr. T brought to the table"

What? This can't be true.

Hillbilly Jim did a Deep South angle with Matt Striker where Striker told him Hillbilly Jim is not a politically correct name. He suggested "Appalician American James"

priceless.

My first thought was Johnny or Ken. I thought of Ken first since he's been around wrestling for like 6 years already. I have no idea how long Jeter has been in wrestling. Nobody else has been called up lately with a crap gimmick except them and if you want to count it the Boogeyman, but he is null and void considering he decided the gimmick was worth "corrective" surgery.

Guest Timmer
3 months champs

Lanza 20 years as agent

Yeah, I still trying to figure out why they are getting the HOF induction...

My first thought was Johnny or Ken. I thought of Ken first since he's been around wrestling for like 6 years already. I have no idea how long Jeter has been in wrestling. Nobody else has been called up lately with a crap gimmick except them and if you want to count it the Boogeyman, but he is null and void considering he decided the gimmick was worth "corrective" surgery.

Ken Doane's been in wrestling for six years? Isn't he still nineteen?

Guest El Satanico

Yeah it's a stupid gimmick, but I don't see Spirit Squad as being bad enough to quit wrestling over.

Sid was great, but after what happened to his leg I don't think he'd have much left anymore.

And any comparison between Sid and Snitsky is baseless. Sid had tons of charisma, a great finisher, and a great presence. Snitsky just has a catchphrase, and that got old a long time ago.

TNA offered Kanyon a one day contract, he refused to sign it because that one day deal would give TNA rights to his merchandise for the rest of his career
I know this should really be in the TNA folder but this is completly PATHETIC.

good for Kanyon not to sign such a preposterous contract

Guest treecelightning
Snitsky just has a catchphrase, and that got old a long time ago.

Yeah, but that's not his fault.

:D

Also, Sid was amazing with his short Stint in ECW.

How so? All he ever did was randomly appear and then chokeslam guys.

Sure, it's the best possible use for Sid but it still doesn't achive anything.

Guest Samantha
Juvi called Christian up and sucked up to him trying to get a TNA spot

He doesn't give up does he?

Guest sebbeh65
Nobody else has been called up lately with a crap gimmick except them and if you want to count it the Boogeyman, but he is null and void considering he decided the gimmick was worth "corrective" surgery.

Do you mean his two front teeth? Didn't he knock them out during training/early match/Tough Enough? I'm sorry if it's a stupid question, but I want to know.

Yeah it's a stupid gimmick, but I don't see Spirit Squad as being bad enough to quit wrestling over.

It's probably Jeter, since he's one of Meltzer's buddies.

I think even though the Spirit Squad is a dumb gimmick that it has a chance to get over. If those guys keep busting out those high flying moves and crazy stuff like that trampoline clothesline the crowd could start eating it up considering the other stale garbage that is in WWE. Of course, if they ever were to get over as anything but a comedy act the WWE would probably cut their legs out from under them.

Nobody else has been called up lately with a crap gimmick except them and if you want to count it the Boogeyman, but he is null and void considering he decided the gimmick was worth "corrective" surgery.

Do you mean his two front teeth? Didn't he knock them out during training/early match/Tough Enough? I'm sorry if it's a stupid question, but I want to know.

Something like that happened but he could have done something about it but WWE Creative told him it would look good for his gimmick and he agreed.