TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
geniusMoment

Upcoming Baseball season

What are some of the things you're looking forward to this season?

I can't wait to travel up to the new st. louis park, watch a reds-cubs series in wrigley and watch Junior Griffey have a real comeback year.

I can't wait until there are games on every night, and to hear Gammons get all excited on Baseball Tonight.

I'm looking forward to watching Chase Utley hopefully continue to grow into a superstar and seeing what Ryan Howard can do with a full season.

I've got tickets to two of the Mets' games in Pittsburgh. Should be a great weekend, especially since I've never been to PNC Park and have heard that it's a great place to watch a game. I'll probably see the Mets at least once down in Cincinnati, too; the Great American Ballpark is beautiful.

Keeping with the Mets...I'm looking forward to seeing Jose Reyes develop over the year and hopefully learn a little patience at the plate (improving on last season's OBP of .300 would be nice), and seeing Beltran finally settle in as a Met and hopefully put in a big season for the team. I'm also hoping that Victor Diaz will be given a shot at right field and have a breakout year. Same goes for Jeff Keppinger, only at second base (I don't think Anderson Hernandez can quite hit well enough yet to be a starter, even if his fielding is significantly better than Keppinger's).

Looking forward to the Marlins finishing 82-80 so I can gloat to all those predicting 100 losses. :)

Seriously - looking forward to watching a ton of guys I followed as prospects for other teams play for MY team and Jeremy Hermida winning NL ROY.

Hopefully, The Tigers can make a legitimate run at an 85+ win season. The last 13 years of them sucking have been so awful, I don't think they are good enough to contend for the division especially being in the AL Central which is loaded with Cleveland, Minnesota, and the defending World Champions. 85 wins and maybe being in the chase come August is enough for me.

I'm looking forward to Mark Prior giving us a good 200 innings, the emergence of Matt Murton, another strong year from D Lee and a healthy Aramis Ramirez.

I'm also looking forward to my visit to Safeco Field next month. And to making a three city road trip to hit Comerica Park, Jacobs Field, and PNC Park in June. Work schedule permitting. :(

I'm looking forward to watching Chase Utley hopefully continue to grow into a superstar and seeing what Ryan Howard can do with a full season.

Pretty much the same on this one. Expand a little though to see a heart of the order of Utley-Abreu-Howard-Burrell. That could be monster this year. Also looking forward to seeing how Madson does as a SP this year.

On the minor league front, looking forward to the Reading pitching rotation. Depending on who they send, the Reading rotation could be a preview of the future Hamels-Gio-Mathieson.

People being surprised at how well the Milwaukee Brewers are doing.

"Gee, that Prince Fielder can hit, and boy, those JJ Hardy and Rickie Weeks guys are sure talented...also, when did the Brewers get a starting rotation?"

I've got tickets to two of the Mets' games in Pittsburgh. Should be a great weekend, especially since I've never been to PNC Park and have heard that it's a great place to watch a game. I'll probably see the Mets at least once down in Cincinnati, too; the Great American Ballpark is beautiful.

than Keppinger's).

The Great American Ballpark is actually the only ballpark I've ever been to, and it was great, not just because my ex and I were all over each o ther after a 3 month hiuatus(*long distance). Got to see Barry Bonds hit a homerun, which is something I'll always remember.

I'm looking forward to opening day, my first time at the Rogers Centre/Skydome. Looking forward to seeing the Bosox come to town April 23. Looking forward to Bonds chasing history. Hoping he gets maimed somehow as well, scumfuck.

My brother asked me about two days into the World Series if I missed baseball yet. We both agreed yes, not the game itself, just the routine of coming home at mdinite and asking who won.

The upcoming 360 MLB game and the WBC are making it all the more exciting.

That reminds me, I need to figure out some way to get to Toronto to see a game.

I miss being able to drive to Montreal and see a game without it having to be a big planned event. I went to see Tony Gwynn get his 3000th hit on the spur of the moment.

"Gee, that Prince Fielder can hit...

...the buffet line! OH, thanks, I'll be here all week.

That boy is FAT. Good thing he can crush a baseball.

- A fresh start, although we get the same results

- The possibility of contending in a slightly weakened division

- Seeing how Pierre and Jones pan out

- Seeing if Murton can become the club's prominent OBP guy

- Seeing what sort of season D. Lee can follow up his 2005 campaign with

- Hitting up Wrigley with two good friends as part of another road trip

- Hitting up the three-game Cubs/Indians series in Cleveland

- Checking out a couple Tigers games just because I can

- Watching new teams emerge as contenders or watching the further growth of clubs like Cleveland

- Seeing the Yanks not win the WS after another big-spending off-season

- And just seeing baseball. People complain that it's such a long season. I throw tantrums too often; get too stressed out and often lose sight on enjoying the game, but god damn it if I don't deep down love every minute of it all.

Hoping the Orioles have a winning season, that the young pitching like Erik Bedard and Daniel Cabrera respond well to Leo Mazzone and reach their potential, Brian Roberts comes back strong from his injury, Tejada has a renewed energy, Javy Lopez can play 1st base, Gibbons has a big year and Corey Patterson bounces back and of course no more controversies.

-My trip to Petco Park, even though I haven't bought tickets, I know I'll wind up going. If not there, then Frisco.

-The Dodgers will contend in the West

-Nomar eventually getting hurt

-Drew sucking

-Fantasy Baseball

-A (hopefully) healthy Gagne

-Bonds getting hurt, ditto Griffey

-Watching this pitching staff hopefully become good

-Most of all, Dodger Stadium. I love going there.

That's all I can think of right now.

What are some of the things you're looking forward to this season?

I can't wait to travel up to the new st. louis park,

NO

watch a reds-cubs series in wrigley

Me, too!

and watch Junior Griffey have a real comeback year.

NO

hear Gammons

OH GOD

No.

Looking forward to Bonds chasing history. Hoping he gets maimed somehow as well, scumfuck.

YES.

Looking to see if the Tigers can finally break .500.

HA

Looking forward to the Marlins finishing 82-80 so I can gloat to all those predicting 100 losses.

Seriously - looking forward to watching a ton of guys I followed as prospects for other teams play for MY team and Jeremy Hermida winning NL ROY.

Nothing about this is right.

My team (the Blue Jays) has a good chance to snag a playoff spot,

Nope.

I'm looking forward to Mark Prior giving us a good 200 innings, the emergence of Matt Murton, another strong year from D Lee and a healthy Aramis Ramirez.

Now that I like. Good fucking post, sfajack.

"Gee, that Prince Fielder can hit, and boy, those JJ Hardy and Rickie Weeks guys are sure talented...also, when did the Brewers get a starting rotation?"

WHO

- The possibility of contending in a slightly weakened division

- Seeing how Pierre and Jones pan out

- Seeing if Murton can become the club's prominent OBP guy

- Seeing what sort of season D. Lee can follow up his 2005 campaign with

- Hitting up Wrigley with two good friends as part of another road trip

- Seeing the Yanks not win the WS after another big-spending off-season

- And just seeing baseball. People complain that it's such a long season. I throw tantrums too often; get too stressed out and often lose sight on enjoying the game, but god damn it if I don't deep down love every minute of it all.

I'm in love.

Hoping the Orioles have a winning season, that the young pitching like Erik Bedard and Daniel Cabrera respond well to Leo Mazzone and reach their potential, Brian Roberts comes back strong from his injury, Tejada has a renewed energy, Javy Lopez can play 1st base, Gibbons has a big year and Corey Patterson bounces back and of course no more controversies.

Gay.

-Bonds getting hurt

NICE.

CoCo doing a better job than Damon.

YES.

Take out that original quote at the beginning where it has the name and post number and it'll be fine and easier to read, cause I'm not reading that.

Basically:

- Seeing how a much healthier Schilling (he's leaner and apparently his ankle is healthy) bounces back after a very shaky '05.

- Keith Foulke's mental state and how it will affect him should he struggle in the beginning of the season'

- If Jonathan Papelbon is as good and as poised as the last few months of '05 showed us.

- Jon Lester possibly making an appearance in September.

- Every game vs. Toronto.

- The thousands of Yankee fan vs. Red Sox fan arguements on the board over the next 6 months (no, wait. That's something I'm NOT looking forward to)

- The thousands of Yankee fan vs. Red Sox fan arguements on the board over the next 6 months (no, wait. That's something I'm NOT looking forward to)

Word.

The Mets hopefully ending the Braves run of tyranny atop the NL East.

David Wright and Jose Reyes developing further.

Any team BUT the Yankees winning the World Series.

A-Rod getting booed at home, at Shea, anywhere else on the road, at the All-Star game, well you get the idea :)

Seeing if Josh Beckett, Mark Prior and Kerry Wood can avoid missing 10+ starts due to blisters or sore shoulders and elbows.

Bonds passing The Babe just so people's heads can explode because Barry is the antichrist incarnate for doing the exact same shit McGwire and Sosa did, but he's not lovable or media friendly.