TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
haVoc

Early Raw Preview

Up and down Raw for sure but how bizzare to see Verne Gagne being inducted into a WWE HOF, and then to have the shitty ass son wrestler who works at a Twin Cities car dealership (I shit you not, bought my vehicle from him) to be the one inducting him. When I bought my car from Greg a few years ago he was shitting on WWE whenever he could get a chance. But money is money, these guys' will just be this years' Paul Orndorff.

Does anyone else have no idea who Verne Gagne is?!

Can we really judge this matchup on what we got tonight? I mean let's face it, we had a match interrupted by a commercial break leading up to a Flair run in for the finish.

By that logic, we pretty much can't judge ANY Raw match, because they all follow that EXACT same shitty format.

Guest Desperate Housewife

Well I liked Raw.

God knows none of you did, but all hate the WWE anyway

Yes, how dare I be a HHH fan on this board.

How dare I want to see Cena put in his place (i.e.) the MIDCARD post-Wrestlemania, and watch HHH main event against, you know, credible main eventers

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
How dare I want to see Cena put in his place (i.e.) the MIDCARD post-Wrestlemania,
Hell, I agree. Doesn't mean that was a good Raw.

Better fan than you anyway

Doesn't mean that was a good Raw.

I enjoyed it (apart from the god-awful RVD- Benjamin match), and it held my attention. Thats a good show to me

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
Better fan than you anyway

Doesn't mean that was a good Raw.

I enjoyed it (apart from the god-awful RVD- Benjamin match), and it held my attention. Thats a good show to me

That's a bit pompous. I don't think you have to like everything to be a fan.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees

RVD-Benjamin, was, as stated, awful, contract sigings in general are boring as shit and the less said about the McMahons the better.

I thought Raw sucked ass all together. Throwing piss on someone isn't all that funny, and the matches totally blowed. The only shinning moment was seeing the Van Terminator after a couple years of retirement of the move.

What per se was so awful about the RVD/Shelton match? Did everyone have such an insane vision of this match that when they went out and had a typical Raw match everyone says it sucks? It wasn't either guy's best by any means but you guys act like it was the Jackie Gayda fiasco from 2002.

Neither guy missed any spots, there wasn't an egregious "Edge at SS 2002" lack of selling, so what makes it such a below average match?

Oh, and Desperate Housewife, it's interesting you want HHH to go against "credible main eventers." Who are those exactly?

Shelton sounded like he just put a huge gum-ball in his mouth before he cut that promo.

many people here have commented in the past that they think Shelton should get a TO type gimmick...after last night, they should never have Shelton talk again...ever. Ahmed Johnson wasn't this bad...at least that dude was INTENSE~! Shelton could never pull off "shit talker, hot shot athlete".

Shelton sounded like he just put a huge gum-ball in his mouth before he cut that promo.

many people here have commented in the past that they think Shelton should get a TO type gimmick...after last night, they should never have Shelton talk again...ever. Ahmed Johnson wasn't this bad...at least that dude was INTENSE~! Shelton could never pull off "shit talker, hot shot athlete".

Shelton should get a gimmick designed after Peyton Manning's performance in the video game commercial for NFL Fever 2003 (I think it was).

"Get out..my house."

I mean, the fucking announcers were talking OVER him...I hope they got fussed at for that one...regardless of how boring or shitty a promo is, the announcer's can't be talking over it! Poor Joey....Poor Shelton...

I mean, the fucking announcers were talking OVER him...I hope they got fussed at for that one...regardless of how boring or shitty a promo is, the announcer's can't be talking over it! Poor Joey....Poor Shelton...

They were doing their impression of Billy Packer and Jim Nantz by ignoring Shelton being there. Woulda been better if they called Shelton a mid major and talked about how Ric Flair should always hold the title because he's one of the power stars of the company.

Guest Princess Leena

"Ric Flair has won 16 world titles! Shelton has won 0. Why do you care about Shelton."

"Well, Ric is 57 years ol..."

"Yeah, you're stupid. Back to the studio."

Wow, peoples expectations were stupidly high for RVD/Shelton. I thought it was perefectly acceptable but nothing out of the ordinary. Hopefully when they're actually "feuding" instead of just being used for MITB buildup we can see what they really have to offer. The one-jump suplex off the top rope was tits.

And I fucking LOVED the interations between King and Flair on commentary. Sue me.

Guest The Showcase

I'm glad that Ric Flair went out of his way to put over the Intercontinental Championship has being something worth while.

And while last night's segments were crudely stupid, the crowd heat was extremely hot so it was watchable.

Guest Rrrsh
there wasn't an egregious "Edge at SS 2002" lack of selling, so what makes it such a below average match?

What does that mean? Are you saying that Edge/Eddie was bad soley due to Edge's selling in that match? Because if thats the case, then EVERY RVD, AJ Styles and X Division match is shit, because they dont sell.

Rrrsh, you misunderstand. Edge's insane, blatant no selling at Summerslam 2002 flat out killed that match with Eddie. It had been a solid match telling a story of Eddie working Edge's shoulder. Then at the finish Edge simply uses his BAD arm/shoulder and spears Eddie for the pin. It negated the entire match, which is why it goes beyond mere no selling.

By the way, RVD did in fact sell his shoulder in primo fashion against Chris Jericho at Unforgiven 2001. Van Dam's no selling mainly entails someone working his leg ad nauseum, since a lot of his offense revolves around using his legs. Last night Shelton worked his shoulder some, but due to the Flair run in we don't know if it was going anywhere.

Up and down Raw for sure but how bizzare to see Verne Gagne being inducted into a WWE HOF, and then to have the shitty ass son wrestler who works at a Twin Cities car dealership (I shit you not, bought my vehicle from him) to be the one inducting him. When I bought my car from Greg a few years ago he was shitting on WWE whenever he could get a chance. But money is money, these guys' will just be this years' Paul Orndorff.

Does anyone else have no idea who Verne Gagne is?!

Wow, you are enough of a wrestling freak to post on a message board, yet you don't know who Verne Gagne is? That's criminal.

Guest The Showcase

Just thought I would point this out. It's taken from the WWE.com recap slideshow o the main page:

"Just days before he faces HBK at Saturday Night's Main Event, Shane McMahon gained some valuable momentum when he attacked Michaels from behind during his cage match against Spirit Squad. After bloodying HBK, Shane went coast to coast, delivering the Van Terminator."

Thoughts?

Rrrsh, you misunderstand. Edge's insane, blatant no selling at Summerslam 2002 flat out killed that match with Eddie. It had been a solid match telling a story of Eddie working Edge's shoulder. Then at the finish Edge simply uses his BAD arm/shoulder and spears Eddie for the pin. It negated the entire match, which is why it goes beyond mere no selling.

By the way, RVD did in fact sell his shoulder in primo fashion against Chris Jericho at Unforgiven 2001. Van Dam's no selling mainly entails someone working his leg ad nauseum, since a lot of his offense revolves around using his legs. Last night Shelton worked his shoulder some, but due to the Flair run in we don't know if it was going anywhere.

You are forgetting Cabbageboy, the cool thing nowadays is to hate on RVD and to cheer for our wrestling savior JBL. The RVD/Shelton match was perfectly fine for a non-main event RAW match.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees

You are forgetting Cabbageboy, the cool thing nowadays is to hate on RVD and to cheer for our wrestling savior JBL. The RVD/Shelton match was perfectly fine for a non-main event RAW match.

When have I ever hated on RVD? I think he should be pushed because he's the most over guy in the company right now, and he can have some good matches with the right people. But it was pretty obvious to a lot of people going in that Shelton wasn't one of them. And then the match sucked.

Just thought I would point this out. It's taken from the WWE.com recap slideshow o the main page:

"Just days before he faces HBK at Saturday Night's Main Event, Shane McMahon gained some valuable momentum when he attacked Michaels from behind during his cage match against Spirit Squad. After bloodying HBK, Shane went coast to coast, delivering the Van Terminator."

Thoughts?

I think that whoever recaps Raw for WWE.com is a former soap opera recap writer that assumes the "Van" in "Van Terminator" means a van as in an automobile.

Oh, and Desperate Housewife is the best fan WWE has right now because she's so blindly loyal to them, so please stop trying to act like she's not a good fan or something. She likes HHH, too, I think.