Sign in to follow this  
Corey_Lazarus

Ozzfest '06

Here's the lineup:

MAIN STAGE:

Ozzy Osbourne

System of a Down

Disturbed

--SPECIAL MYSTERY GUEST-- (rumored to be Metallica, Motörhead, or Megadeth)

Hatebreed

Lacuna Coil

SECOND STAGE:

Black Label Society

Atreyu

Unearth

Bleeding Through

Norma Jean

SECOND STAGE (rotating):

Walls of Jericho

The Red Chord

A Life Once Lost

Strapping Young Lad

All That Remains

Full Blown Chaos

Between the Buried and Me

...ANYBODY ELSE SEE SOMETHING MAJORLY FUCKING WRONG WITH THIS SHITTY LINEUP AFTER THE AWESOMENESS OF '04 AND '05?! '04 had the Judas Priest reunion with Halford, and Slayer. '05 had Iron Maiden, the Black Sabbath reunion, Rob Zombie, Shadows Fall, Arch Enemy, The Black Dahlia Murder, Mastodon, and The Haunted.

...so 2005 is pretty much all metal/hardcore (with the exception of Velvet Revolver), 2004 had a decent amount of good metal bands...and we get THIS SHITFUCK lineup?!

Man, I'm fucking glad Slayer's around this summer. Slayer, Mastodon, and Children of Bodom all on one bill...fuck Ozzfest.

But really...HOW DO YOU FOLLOW UP LAST YEAR'S LINEUP WITH THIS PIECE OF SHIT?! I see...4 bands I wouldn't mind seeing live (Strapping Young Lad, Unearth, Black Label Society, and System of a Down). HATEBREED? LACUNA COIL? WHAT THE FUCK?!

Word on the street is the Special Mystery Guest is going to be Avenged Sevenfold, which would make more sense than any of the rumored bands, considering they're given fourth billing. Plus, the band is going to be announced May 23, A7X are on tour until May 20. For whatever reason they don't like to announce a band for the tour who are touring the US prior to it, same thing happened last year with Mudvayne.

a7x suck ass.

I am seeing them with Coheed and Cambria on May 8th and i might possibly shoot myself, but if i can survive last year's opening band, i can probably survive them.

For a national tour, this is mighty week. I do admit that I do like some of the bands on the second stage, but I'd much rather pay $15 to see them at a smaller venue.

Instead, I'll be checking out the Slayer/COB tour.

Ozzfest sounds worse than ever. AX7 is good for me on some tours like Warped but not Ozzfest and no way do they justify the special surprise guest tag. That's like saying special grammy performance by Larry the Cable Guy.

I like Lacuna Coil but no way in hell do they OR System of a Down belong on Ozzfest anymore. System of a Down left the metal loop awhile back.

This is one incredibly weak Ozzfest line-up but I expected things to tank out on some bands after last year's little issues near the end that just seemed to knock the tour down in the eyes of a lot of bands.

Strapping and Disturbed are probalby the only two bands on here that are worth seeing, especially seeing that they are the only two bands out there that are actually good live.

I like Lacuna Coil enough and saw them in a 20 minute spot at Ozzfest before where they opened the second stage @ 9:30 in the morning and probably was the best act for most of the day. How did they get so "big" and score a main stage spot?

Is Megadeth doing Gigantour again? Also, I thought Ozzy was doing a limited schedule? Doesn't that basically mean SOAD is headlining most of these shows?

I like Lacuna Coil enough and saw them in a 20 minute spot at Ozzfest before where they opened the second stage @ 9:30 in the morning and probably was the best act for most of the day. How did they get so "big" and score a main stage spot?

She has tits.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Slayer and Mastodon again this year? Neat.

I saw Lacuna Coil once, and they were terrible. Not as in "I don't like this band, so they suck." Terrible as in the sound was bad and they were off. What'shershit just swayed back and forth while the made toughguy faces.

a7x suck ass.

I am seeing them with Coheed and Cambria on May 8th and i might possibly shoot myself, but if i can survive last year's opening band, i can probably survive them.

You think that's bad I saw C&C co-headline with thrice.

This is not the worst line-up. Remember 2001 line up with Linkin Park and all those nu-metal bands.

That was terrible, but the UK version had Tool.

Its too bad Tool is on a European tour for half of the summer, so they cant do Ozzfest this year.

See, but it's better when ALL of the bands suck. I'd love to see Strapping Young Lad and Unearth again. I just don't want to see them with Hatebreed...ever.

Hatebreed may just be the reason why I absolutely fucking hate this year's lineup. Also, as I've mentioned, I'm more pissed about this because after 2 years of great lineup's...we get this.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I think it'd be a good thing if Strapping Young Lad traded tours with Lamb of God.

Every single band mentioned in this thread is past their prime, or just outright always sucked. There's no need to see any of them.

There's a very good need to see Mastodon and Slayer, even if Slayer is past their prime: they're fucking Slayer.

Shit Lineup, and if Metallica ends up being the special guest...then the lineup gets even worse.

Much rather see Slayer for a 3rd Time.

Megadeth isn't bad, but I've been told by many it depends on which line-up he has/had. My Uncle has been to almost every Megadeth concert there's ever been with the line-up, and states that Mustaine/Poland combo is better than Mustaine/Freidman combo.

Myself, the Drover brothers aren't bad and MacDonnough (who left) on bass was actually good, but Mustaine vocals were non audible at times.

No one answered me, is Dave doing a second Gigantour?

Yes, there should probably be an announcment in the next few weeks, maybe when Megadeth get back from their concert in Dubai. No word on any bands, but I think Scott Ian said Anthrax wanted on again, and Dave talked to Overkill and Annihilator about maybe doing it.

I saw 'em right after he got DeGrasso and Pitrelli, so that might've been why.

Ya, I mean if you listen to Rude Awakening its bad, you can tell that they can't get the parts correct.