TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vampiro69

Marvel's Civil War

2. Are you actually reading Civil War? Reed's basically working with Tony simply because he's batshit scared that Tony and the Government will crush him and the rest of the FF like a bug; let alone the fact that Civil War Frontline has shown that Reed's got his own agenda going on, in terms of allying himself with McCohn Jain and wanting to get Iron Nazi to stop enforcing the Reg Act in the most evil, Hitler-esque way Iron Man is carrying it out.

I think you missed his point. His point was that Reed Richards has gone against the Government before. Why does he suddenly become a coward now?

Edited by Justice

Is Tony smarter than Reed? I know the smartest guys are Stark, Richards, Banner and(I think) Xavier, but have they ever established who's the most intelligent?

Did anyone else read the abortion that was the latest issue of Fantastic Four (#540)?

NOT ONLY did they do a seperate version of the Reed/Sue break-up, which cannot in any way be reconciled with the events of Civil War #4, but Reed has suddenly turned into Richard Nixon.

Suddenly Reed favors blind obedience to the law just because its the law?

The guy who once took over Latveria in violation of international law to keep Dr. Doom's weapons out of the hands of the world's governments?

The guy who just got done fighting the U.S. Army to keep them from duplicating his famous rocket trip?

THAT Reed Richards?

1. According to the spineless little shit of a human being that is Tom Breevort, FF #540 takes inbetween pages of Civil War #4, before Sue left Reed in #4, meaning that after her argument/departure in FF #540, Sue came back, fucked her husband, and made him a nice meal before leaving him.

Okay...that makes a lot of sense. (Except not really.)

In other news, the Thing sure is taking his sweet time leaving the country.

2. Are you actually reading Civil War? Reed's basically working with Tony simply because he's batshit scared that Tony and the Government will crush him and the rest of the FF like a bug; let alone the fact that Civil War Frontline has shown that Reed's got his own agenda going on, in terms of allying himself with McCohn Jain and wanting to get Iron Nazi to stop enforcing the Reg Act in the most evil, Hitler-esque way Iron Man is carrying it out.

I hope you are kidding about a character named McCohn Jain. If that's real, I want to slap the taste out of the mouth of whomever came up with that.

Civil War #5 was a fun read. Basically the following happened...

• Torch and Invisible Woman escape SHIELD police.

• Nighthawk and Stature join the Pro-Reg team.

• Spidey and Iron Man have a falling out. Iron Man vaguely threatens Aunt May and Mary Jane, which makes Spidey really mad. They wind up brawling and Spidey leaves, being chased by SHIELD. Maria Hill, the SHIELD Director, sends out 14 Thunderbolts after Spidey, which was against Iron Man's wishes. Spidey gets brutally beaten by the Jester and Jack O' Lantern in the sewers, only to be saved by the Punisher.

• Back at Anti-Reg headquarters, they are planning a raid of the Baxter Building, to steal the plans for the Negative Zone prison. Punisher walks in with a beaten Spidey who needs medical attention. Everyone is weary of Punisher, especially after he volunteers for the Baxter Building mission. Cap has an idea, and the last panel shows Tigra using a cell phone. I guess she's a spy.

• Reed Richards and She-Hulik supervise SHIELD's arrest of Daredevil. Reed is questioning his actions of late, and reveals that they are planning a huge final battle where they would be using the Thunderbolts to take out the Anti-Reg heroes. At the Negative Zone prison, Tony Stark is talking to Daredevil, recruiting him to join them. Daredevil says nothing. A SHIELD guard mentions that Daredevil has been silent and that they found a silver dollar under his tongue that he wanted Stark to have. Stark asks what that means. Daredevil replies "Guess that's thirty-one piecs of silver you've got now, huh? Sleep well, Judas."

Civil War 5 was't as exciting as I was hoping it would be. I'm wondering if it was actually Daredevil who got captured. Iron Fist is wearing the Daredevil costume at the moment (This was stated in a Civil war tie-in comic where it had different stores for different people.).

and

I'm guessing the Prankster ad Jack O'lantern are dead now, since they both got shot in the head by the Punisher?

yeah, they probably are. But i'm sure we'll see them again

Yeah, my understanding is that it's Iron Fist as Matt Murdock is currently in europe and Iron Fist is filling in for him because Murdock was in jail, than Europe.

Iron Fist does have a new comic coming out next week, so unless they completely detach it from what just happend, because I don't think it'll start with him in the negative zone.

I thought Civil War 5 was a good read. It was definatly the calm before the storm issue, as they'll probably break into the baxter building next issue, and have a wrap up in the final one.

MCW006_cov_100_t.jpg

That's the cover of Civil War #6, which is out on 12/20. Looks like they're storming the Negative Zone.

Well Daredevil (Iron fist) is currently in there right now, so he might be there ticket in there.

Picked up Frontline #8, Punisher War Journal #1 and the new Spiderman tie-in and while Punisher is a good read (pick it up.), Frontline was pretty boring, and Spiderman decided to time jump and your suppose to read Civil War 6 to understand whats going on but here's the problem, CIVIL WAR 6 ISN'T OUT YET!, so whats the point of releasing the issue?

New spiderman isn't out till Jan so I guess it was covering its ass for Dec. And I guess giving the reader a little insight to shit going down/changes we'll witness for the final book.

i'm pissed they've already ditched the new costume, I actually didn't mind it

I picked up the other two also. I thought they were alright, and preferred this frontline to 7. For some reason that one just felt short.

New spiderman isn't out till Jan so I guess it was covering its ass for Dec. And I guess giving the reader a little insight to shit going down/changes we'll witness for the final book.

i'm pissed they've already ditched the new costume, I actually didn't mind it

Well if thats the case, why not just release the next Spiderman the week after CW 6? I mean 6 is coming out in December, so why release the comic this early?

I agree with you, I liked the new costume as well, but I guess it opens it back up so he can get the black costume back.

Well, technically they were probably just being on time, and I doubt anything they covered when we see him return to May & Mary Jane (supposedly after 6) is anything important. Probably just informing us that this part takes place after the events.

So whats other peoples favourite spin-offs/side issues to Civil War been. I think the Spiderman ones have been some pretty big revelations, and I enjoyed all of the New Avengers books.

I probably could have done without the Young Avengers/Runaways, and I was slightly disappointed with the X-men

Apparently Marvel let out a little bit of a spoiler in this month's Previews catalog.

On page 398, in the apparel section it says

Civil War: Spider-Man Loki T-Shirt

Makes sense since Thor's coming back.

Civil War #5 was a fun read. Basically the following happened...

• Torch and Invisible Woman escape SHIELD police.

• Nighthawk and Stature join the Pro-Reg team.

• Spidey and Iron Man have a falling out. Iron Man vaguely threatens Aunt May and Mary Jane, which makes Spidey really mad. They wind up brawling and Spidey leaves, being chased by SHIELD. Maria Hill, the SHIELD Director, sends out 14 Thunderbolts after Spidey, which was against Iron Man's wishes. Spidey gets brutally beaten by the Jester and Jack O' Lantern in the sewers, only to be saved by the Punisher.

• Back at Anti-Reg headquarters, they are planning a raid of the Baxter Building, to steal the plans for the Negative Zone prison. Punisher walks in with a beaten Spidey who needs medical attention. Everyone is weary of Punisher, especially after he volunteers for the Baxter Building mission. Cap has an idea, and the last panel shows Tigra using a cell phone. I guess she's a spy.

• Reed Richards and She-Hulik supervise SHIELD's arrest of Daredevil. Reed is questioning his actions of late, and reveals that they are planning a huge final battle where they would be using the Thunderbolts to take out the Anti-Reg heroes. At the Negative Zone prison, Tony Stark is talking to Daredevil, recruiting him to join them. Daredevil says nothing. A SHIELD guard mentions that Daredevil has been silent and that they found a silver dollar under his tongue that he wanted Stark to have. Stark asks what that means. Daredevil replies "Guess that's thirty-one piecs of silver you've got now, huh? Sleep well, Judas."

How you missed talking about the dueling afros of Debrii and Monica Rambeau (where are the rest of Nextwave, anyway?), I'll never know.

So whats other peoples favourite spin-offs/side issues to Civil War been. I think the Spiderman ones have been some pretty big revelations, and I enjoyed all of the New Avengers books.

I probably could have done without the Young Avengers/Runaways, and I was slightly disappointed with the X-men

I gave up after two issues of YA/Runaways. Just horrible. Zeb Wells is the new Howard Mackie.

Civil War: X-Men was nothing more than District X v3. For some reason they keep shoehorning the Hine minis into the flavour of the moment. This time, it didn't work.

The best Civil War tie in, IMO, is Front Line. Really good stuff there.

Yeah Frontline has been pretty badass and consistant. Probably the most important side-story to the main one too.

I gave up after two issues of YA/Runaways. Just horrible. Zeb Wells is the new Howard Mackie.

Thats funny, because the last 2 parts were good better than the previous two. Still more like the way all the house of M stuff were spin-offs, that has nothing to do with the main plot.

Yeah Frontline has been pretty badass and consistant. Probably the most important side-story to the main one too.

Thats funny, because the last 2 parts were good better than the previous two. Still more like the way all the house of M stuff were spin-offs, that has nothing to do with the main plot.

I agree that YA/Runaways ended better than how it started out, but I still wasn't quite satisfied with the whole series, although I do like the regular YA and am looking forward to it coming back to their schedule.

And having never read the Marvel Boy series I was quite baffled at how powerful this dude is, or at least how powerful he was depicted on this mini.

Neither did Civil War: X-Men, which pissed me off greatly.

How you missed talking about the dueling afros of Debrii and Monica Rambeau (where are the rest of Nextwave, anyway?), I'll never know.

I must learn more about this "Nextwave."

Marvel Comics has confirmed for Newsarama that the on-sale date of Civil War #6 has been moved to January 3rd, two weeks later than the previously announced on-sale date of December 20th, given when Marvel originally informed retailers and readers issues #4-6 of the mega-selling limited series would not ship on their originally solicited dates, along with the necessary delays of Civil War related tie-in titles timed to the release of the main mini-series.

Marvel also informed Newsarama that Civil War #7, originally solicited after the announced delays of issues #4-6 for a 1/17/07 on-sale, will remain on January’s schedule and is now scheduled for a 1/31 release.

Unlike the previous schedule changes, these changes do not affect many Civil War tie-in issues. Only Punisher War Journal #2 will be delayed one week until January 3rd, to time it to the release of Civil War #6.

Amazing Spider-Man #538 and Fantastic Four #543 though announced in Marvel’s August press release about the shipping delays as going on sale 1/24, were actually subsequently originally solicited for a January 31st release, and those dates have not been affected.

As to the question of why this two week delay, according to Marvel Editor-in-Chief Joe Quesada

The decision to delay Civil War #6 was both a strategic and cautious decision on our part.

“First, let me say that all the materials are still coming in on schedule, but [series artist] Steve [McNiven] has come down with a very severe case of strep throat,” Quesada told Newsarama Thursday morning, which was later confirmed by the artist himself. “However, even with the strep, he's persevered and is still producing a page a day. So, while Steve's impaired health hasn't caused any delays, we felt that with something like strep, it would be best to buffer the schedule a tad in case he wises up and decides to put his head down for a couple of days.

“The second and most important reason we moved the book two weeks (rather than just one) is because we heard from our retail partners that if they had their way, they would preferred that issue #6 ship in January as opposed to the last week of December, which is traditionally not a great time for comics retailers. So, putting all of these things into the mix, we figured two weeks was a smart thing to do.”

Source:Newsarama.com

:( Bummer

Some new tidbits, I'll just do small notes so that ways, I don't spoil a whole lot of things.

-Hammerhead is dead

-Black Panther and Storm got pissed off by someone.

-Iron man and Capt America have a secret meeting.

-Iron Man knows who a traitor is.

-Someone has their powers fully back.

-The Thing is on a new team now.

-Kingpin's getting involved.

-Iron man and Capt. America have another secret meeting.....only this time its kinda sorta a trap for one of them.

Some new tidbits, I'll just do small notes so that ways, I don't spoil a whole lot of things.

-Hammerhead is dead

-Black Panther and Storm got pissed off by someone.

-Iron man and Capt America have a secret meeting.

-Iron Man knows who a traitor is.

-Someone has their powers fully back.

-The Thing is on a new team now.

-Kingpin's getting involved.

-Iron man and Capt. America have another secret meeting.....only this time its kinda sorta a trap for one of them.

Only about 10% of that is relevant:

Kingpin's Special was a filler book rushed out from when issue #4 was delayed two months

CA/IM was filler too, plus a lame as fuck band aid for how Mark Millar fucked up portraying the two sides of the debate that utterly fails to address the fact that Iron Man has gone beyond the pale into the realm of evil, no matter how they try and whitewash it

As for the traitor, I'm thinking it's either Hank Pym or Reed Richards; most likely Reed since he's supposed to be shipped off into comic book limbo with Sue to try and rebuild their marriage after Civil War ends, allowing Black Panther and Storm to reform the FF with Ben and Johnny.