TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jericholic82

The Simpsons Movie In Production

Hey I was reading the NY post today and it had a bit about The Simpson's Movie. Apprantly the voice recording has already started. I'd assume you could find more info online somewhere.

Please, discuss amongst yourselves.

I don't know about five years, but Simpsons really hasn't been funny since 2002/2003-ish. I've wondered at some points if Matt Groening wasn't making intentionally bad shows for the sake of the fans finally letting the show end.

I agree that this is long overdue, but not on it being too late. If any tv series deserved to get the film treatment it is this one, so I'm just glad it looks like it is finally happening.

One of my big concerns is that, even with the power of the Simpsons name (tainted now as it may be), they'll still try to cram celebs galore in there

"Oh my god! It's (celebrity)!

So, why are you in Springfield, (celebrity)?"

I don't think Matt Groening has had much to do with the show in a long, long time. Like 3rd season or so long time.

I hope it's funny. I thought Family Guy was dying, and the Stewie Griffen story would pull out the funny stops. Instead, it was just a dreadfully unfunny vanity piece.

Guest fanofcoils

I'm not sure if a Simpsons movie will be a huge draw unless it is the end of the series, if this Simpson movie came out anywhere from 1992-1994 with the series still continuing after the movie, the movie would be a huge draw as the series was "at its peak" back then.

-"The Simpsons" was recently renewed for two more seasons, its 18th and 19th, so it isn't going anywhere for a while.

While being my favorite show ever, it'll end up having more than double the amount of bad seasons as it does good. Unbelievable

-"The Simpsons" was recently renewed for two more seasons, its 18th and 19th, so it isn't going anywhere for a while.

While being my favorite show ever, it'll end up having more than double the amount of bad seasons as it does good. Unbelievable

That really is sad.

What's the consensus on when it started declining and having bad seasons?

I don't think there was an obvious decline in season 8, because it is my favorite season. Season 9 started to show a little wear. Season 10 is when I believe the show started its true descent.

My only concern is what will make this different from an average episode. Are they going to allow more risque langauge? Other then that what else is there to do?

It'll probably be one big movie parody-fest.

-This Sunday, just as I expected, the live action opening will be aired before the episode that Ricky Gervais wrote and stars in.

I take it this the Sky One trailer, with the traditional opening in live action?

-This Sunday, just as I expected, the live action opening will be aired before the episode that Ricky Gervais wrote and stars in.

I take it this the Sky One trailer, with the traditional opening in live action?

It was. Althought they flipped the scene when "Marge" & "Maggie" were driving to give the appearance of an American car. "Homer", for some reason, was driving on the US-side of the car even in the UK-showing, so that shot didn't have to get flipped at all.

It will suck like everything Simpson's related for a very long time, I'd be willing to put money on it

My only concern is what will make this different from an average episode. Are they going to allow more risque langauge? Other then that what else is there to do?

yea the article said the language might be more risque

I don't know...I have more faith in Groening than you guys. The movie has been rumored for a long time, and I'd assume they've been working on a plot for some time (if not having an actual script done by this point). The impression I've always had is that Groening feels that if they do the movie, it's going to be good.