TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MarvinisaLunatic

Im going to need some advice..

Nice pair of jeans, well-fitting dress shirt, and a tolerance for even basic beer like Miller or Bud Light. Insanely easy to meet people. Helps if you have a friend or two to go along, but you can manage otherwise.

Listen man, we've given you plenty of advice.

Beer + Bar + Babes = Bone?

Thats the four B's of booty rule...

Five B's?

Nevermind.

The point is, beyond the simple tips stated above, the only problem is your reluctance, or fear, or what have you.

It's not your looks, it's not even your game. It's your lack of attempting.

You probably won't find the girl of your dreams at the bars. This is why I'm not known to frequent them. But then again, I don't search the internet for pussy either. I mean for Gods sake, if you're willing to look online, you've GOT to be willing to go buy a girl a drink.

I go to the sports bars in Salisbury a lot..so I can make fun of all their giant plasma screens and them not having HD setups to show HD on them..

High five, dude.

Yeah, you come off kinda high and mighty criticizing the bars in your town and the people that frequent them, but...

Going to a bar to drink>>>>>>>>>Going to a bar to make fun of the TV's.

Dude..I dont actually "make fun of them"..I just laugh at the fact these places can spend 2 grand a pop on a TV (x probabably 10 or 12) and then not even bother hooking them up right..sheesh. Not that I guess it matters since 99% of the people can't even see straight anyway..

And besides, my reputation for being an HD fanatic precedes me not only here but with just about everyone I know..and trust me..everyone else is just as annoyed about it as everyone here is. I hardly ever bring it up anymore...although I still catch myself going "Im going to watch (insert name of show).........in HD"

Argh...I went about a week without messing with my online dating crap and then just in the last 3 days I got 2 replys back off the same profile that I have.

I debated just ignoring them but I couldn't mainly because I hated when I sent emails and didn't get a response. Both of them just replyed back today and the good news is that I have decided one of them is completely nuts (I think its best I dont get into detail), but the other goes to Wor Wic (a community college about 5 minutes from where I live) and works with kids and seems really nice. Im not going to get my expectations/hopes up though.

Guest The Satanic Angel
Argh...I went about a week without messing with my online dating crap and then just in the last 3 days I got 2 replys back off the same profile that I have.

What site do you use?

Real dating > Online dating

Online dating is just like a strip club. You have to pay way too much money for services that leave you empty, but yet, you keep coming back for more and still never find what you're truly looking for, instead just meaningless encounters you'll forget about the next day anyway.

It may be the era of the internet, and it's the cool thing to do, but I say fuck that, don't follow suit, do it the old fashioned way. Find something about you that is appealing, and interesting and exploit them.

Have some confidence in yourself man.

Guest Princess Leena

I don't see the need to pay for online dating services. Go to myspace. Find people of the opposite sex that live near you.

You know what I mean Leena.

And I do go to myspace, I've added you, sent you a message. So there.

What site do you use?

The two replies I got were off of my match.com profile which still has about 2 more weeks on a 3 month subscription I got for $50 plus a years sub to FHM (haven't gotten a magazine yet though..) and thats the only one I've paid for. Im not going to renew it though, and like most other sites when you don't pay you cant contact people directly..

I also have a profile on Plentyoffish.com although there are only about 10 people within 50 miles of me and 1 of them was the horrendously overweight gal. But I frequent the forums that they have and its a totally free site...

3 month subscription I got for $50 plus

You've got to be fucking kidding me.

I thought match.com was free, like hotmail or myspace.

If you are really paying one red cent for this...

You know, I know a quite hot girl who uses this thing, if she didn't now live two timezones over, I'd go yell at her.

3 month subscription I got for $50 plus

You've got to be fucking kidding me.

I thought match.com was free, like hotmail or myspace.

If you are really paying one red cent for this...

You know, I know a quite hot girl who uses this thing, if she didn't now live two timezones over, I'd go yell at her.

They have a pay service and a free service. I remember I used to be on it a long time back and it sucked.

I don't see the need to pay for online dating services. Go to myspace. Find people of the opposite sex that live near you.

A while back I did a search on myspace (Women/Single/Dating/age 20-28/within 50 miles of me) and I got a lot of matches, but Id say 99% of them fell into one of these 4 categories:

1) Fake profiles or ones who have over 500 friends..

2) Lesbian

3) Single Mothers

4) Hadn't been active in 6 months or more..

I sent out a couple of friend request out and I got about 5 to add me, but as of right now I have only 1 friend not named Tom and I actually know her so I can't even count it, and its not like we're going to be going out anytime soon. I haven't reached the desperation point where Id go after single moms..I dont do well with kids and I have no interest in having kids anytime in the near future. The 500 friends people strike me as being the ones that have big "look how many friends I have" egos and probably don't even know more than 10 of them in real life and don't want to..

I dont know how anyone can recommend Myspace over a dating site for someone that wants a dating service..

A while back I did a search on myspace (Women/Single/Dating/age 20-28/within 50 miles of me) and I got a lot of matches, but Id say 99% of them fell into one of these 4 categories:

1) Fake profiles or ones who have over 500 friends..

2) Lesbian

3) Single Mothers

4) Hadn't been active in 6 months or more..

I sent out a couple of friend request out and I got about 5 to add me, but as of right now I have only 1 friend not named Tom and I actually know her so I can't even count it, and its not like we're going to be going out anytime soon. I haven't reached the desperation point where Id go after single moms..I dont do well with kids and I have no interest in having kids anytime in the near future. The 500 friends people strike me as being the ones that have big "look how many friends I have" egos and probably don't even know more than 10 of them in real life and don't want to..

I dont know how anyone can recommend Myspace over a dating site for someone that wants a dating service..

Myspace is free. You're paying for the "privelege" of sending women who more than likely are not what you're looking for some e-mails or winks or whatever the fuck they have on those dating sites. I know a girl who was paid to keep her profile active, as in log in once a week, send out anywhere from 5-10 e-mails and respond to at least 5-10 guys who e-mailed her. She was never going to date these men, but she did it for a paycheck. Just a word of advice, but the vast majority of women on paid dating websites probably think they're too good to be on them and will treat you like shit anyway. At least you won't be wasting your hard earned money to get blown off in an e-mail or to convince some woman to go out on a date, where you have to sink even more money into the "experience". The basic rule of thumb I have is if you're NOT looking to get married, you do NOT need to pay to talk to a woman because you're clearly not looking for your last partner.

And even if you ARE looking to get married, don't use the pay sites for prospective partners.

After all, I found my wife on a messageboard not too different than this one. (No it wasn't a wrestling-related one).

And even if you ARE looking to get married, don't use the pay sites for prospective partners.

After all, I found my wife on a messageboard not too different than this one. (No it wasn't a wrestling-related one).

That's true, I was just trying to simplify things by saying it's silly to pay for the right to e-mail a woman you probably won't end up with, and even if you do, it's not going to be a major relationship anyway.

Guest Princess Leena

If it's a free dating site, sure...

But, I only mention myspace because practically everyone has one nowadays.

I made another go at MySpace over the last week.

My account was deleted yesterday. I didn't think the place could get worse than it was before, but yikes.

I hooked up with someone from Myspace a couple of week ago. I wasn't trying or anything. He contacted me and I figured "why not?" We went out twice and he's already planning our future together. Nah... fuck the internet, I'll stick to the real world. It's easier to dissapear on somebody if they can't stalk you.