TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CBright7831

The OAO '2006 Hall of Fame ceremony' thread.

LOD claimed they were going to nail Vince with the Doomsday Device.

I stopped reading after this since I was quite certain nothing after could top the visual it created.

That fucking goddamn Childish Crybaby Sour Puss Bret Hart. God, why did he have to ruin the night and the show and the world for everybody. What about EDDIE?! He couldn't think about the good of the event for a single goddamn second. God, I wish Bret would slip and die.

"Eddie's in Heaven..we all know that"

Meanwhile, Randy Orton slumps a little lower in his seat..

Right. I admit I felt kinda bad for him during that whole thing. Their doing all of this for Eddie and then he's the guy that's been going on about how Eddie's in hell and what have you for the last few months.

The Bret speech was so fucking short. I mean really - is getting to today's 10th airing of Law and Order SVU really THAT important? After all the hype and anticipation surrounding it, they should have aired at least 15 minutes of it.

I wonder how badly the Owen pizza story was cut. It's like, he goes from - "then the caller was asking me about extra toppings, and saying he'd charge me" *cut to crowd* "Well, that's Owen" *cut to Booker T nearly falling out of his chair in laughter* I'm guessing we missed the actual funny part of the story.

Guest Thrashist

Of course brilliant old me Tivoed the ceremony, and it cut out half way through Bret's speech. How much did I miss past midnight or when ever the show was supposed to end? I might as well take the time to ask for a video of his speech, but ah..

Guest tony manero
From what I've heard, they edited out about 22 minutes of Bret's speech.

22 minutes?

Good Lord.

I told you they were gonna screw him again... in one way or another.

Is there any chance of them putting Hart's entire speech up on wwe.com?

Hell no.

DVD release, bay buh.

And I guess now we'll never be able to believe a word Bret says because he lied about leaving if Shawn was there.

Bret probably just accepted that his big moment was too important to ruin with bitterness.

Guest JoeJoe
That fucking goddamn Childish Crybaby Sour Puss Bret Hart.

See, now.. I think we got it the first time you said it. Give some range to your sarcasm. Seriously.

For those of you in the UK, the HOF will air on Sky Sports 3 on April 14 at 4pm.

Here's the source:http://www.impactwrestling.com/headline.asp?headnum=395&snum=6218

Overall the show was not that bad on USA, although I would have liked to have seen the whole Bret Hart induction.

I sorta wish they'd picked someone other than Austin..

Who? Benoit was busy doing Eddie, Neidhart is a nut-case and the Hart family isn't exactly tight with the WWE.

Using Bret's close friend and great rival, was the right choice.

Piper in my mind would have been the best choice.

Overall the show was not that bad on USA, although I would have liked to have seen the whole Bret Hart induction

I felt that the whole USA showing was quite rushed, maybe because of the editing but it just felt REALLY REALLY rushed.

Guest J0bber

Hey guys,

I attended the WWE Hall of Fame Ceremony live at the Rosemont Theatre. Some intriguing happenings included:

-When John Cena was trying to induct William Perry, the crowd was just giving him a massive amount of boos. A "F*** you Cena" chant even started. In the arena, you couldn't hear what Cena was trying to say. When they showed Triple H on the big board, the crowd gave him a massive face pop.

-Ted DiBease threw out money to the first few rows of the crowd prior to inducting Sherri, and he was in character for some of the speech. Sherri had a bit of trouble with guys saying derogatory remarks about her in the crowd, and she threatened to kick a heckler out. A huge "Kick him out" chant started.

-Hogan got a massive face pop as usual.

-SD Jones told an interesting story about how Tony Atlas would always bench press more than Olympic stars would be able to. Atlas said that Vince helped him so much since he had been dirt poor prior to working with the WWE.

-I don't know if they have been doing this at recent shows, but two new Bret Hart shirts were being sold at the merchandise stand.

-Shawn Michaels left with a large party right before the USA portion of the induction started.

-The Eddie chants were very apparent, and I witnessed several people in the crowd becoming teary eyed during the Vicky Guerrero's speech.

-When Bret came out, the ovation was unbelievable. When Bret Hart was telling a story that involved Hogan, the camera panned to Hogan and he looked like he was giving Bret a bit of a dirty look.

-The "Austin/Hogan" chants were very apparent when Stone Cold inducted Bret. Austin turned to Hogan and said something along the lines that "He has one more can of whoop ass with Hogan's name on it." The camera then showed Hogan's face who looked a bit irked by the comment.

-Bret told a great story how Duggan was looking for information at a gym, and Owen took the phone and called Duggan, "a lazy bastard." Duggan believed it was a gym clerk. Owen went up to the hotel clerk and told the gym clerk to tell Duggan it was Jim Powers. Obviously, Jim Powers had a hard time at the arena that night.

-Shawn Michaels left with a large party right before the USA portion of the induction started.

Makes sense now. I've been wondering how they didn't jump at the chance to show Shawn in the crowd during Bret's speech.

-Bret told a great story how Duggan was looking for information at a gym, and Owen took the phone and called Duggan, "a lazy bastard." Duggan believed it was a gym clerk. Owen went up to the hotel clerk and told the gym clerk to tell Duggan it was Jim Powers. Obviously, Jim Powers had a hard time at the arena that night.

That is a great story. The Owen stories always make me either smile or laugh when I hear them.

WWE.com has a bunch of photo's up from the HOF. Including backstage shots.

wow a pic of rey without the mask he is sitting sideways but you can see part of his face. FOR SHAME

remember wcw 1999-2001 never happened!

Dibiase looks weird without the full beard don't you think?

Guest nokia

OMG.......TNA STAR was at the HOF !!

LOL.....

Don't worry, it was "only" Gail Kim...

TNA star Gail Kim was in attendance at last night's WWE Hall of Fame ceremony. She was seen sitting next to Doug Basham.

Use this link:

(http://www.wwe.com/superstars/halloffame/photos/636.jpg)

to see her in the background of a photo from WWE.com. Gail attended last year's Hall of Fame ceremony with Doug Basham as well

-When Bret came out, the ovation was unbelievable. When Bret Hart was telling a story that involved Hogan, the camera panned to Hogan and he looked like he was giving Bret a bit of a dirty look.

Really? Could you give more details about the story cause I'd really like to hear it.

Fuckin Stupid Asshole Hypocritical Christian Shawn. God, why the fuck did he have to put all the attention on himself and ruin Bret's big moment?

Nice shot. And I guess now we'll never be able to believe a word Bret says because he lied about leaving if Shawn was there.

Whew.

I guess our faith in almighty Bret Hart has been restored now, right? :D

There were no references towards Shawn Michaels, except for Bret telling a story about how he once disciplined his son, so his son went to his room and came out with a Shawn Michaels shirt and glove on and said he was "in the kliq".

Wasn't Shawn always really nice with Bret's kids? I always thought the little boy Shawn was playing with in the ring in "Wrestling with Shadows" was Bret's son.