TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

MLB: Week 1 (4/2-4/9)

Well, whatever bad karma the Mets accrued for their respective entrance themes seems to be in full effect now, as they're currently down 9-4. Lo Duca's responsible for quite a bit of this disastrous inning.

Um, I thought we got rid of Braden Looper. Apparently his spirit lives on in the Mets bullpen.

Guest NYankees
Personally, I'd say "Enter Sandman" is more fitting for a redneck Virginian than a Panamanian, but that's just me. It's a stupid thing to get worked up over.

I would say it is more fitting for the greatest relief pitcher in Baseball, Post Season and World Series history than some hick who blows games all the time and has done nothing in the clutch.

Somewhat embarassing game, but at least I got a good laugh out of the balk and the MASN announcers referring to Xavier Nady as "the world's greatest hitter".

Can someone tell me why the Yankees/A's game isn't being aired tonight on the MLB Extra Innings package? (Oh and for those that don't know there is a free preview of it for I think the first 2 weeks of the season)

Ugh, A's down 4-0 already!?! Their offense just isn't ever good enough in April or May to get down by so much so early.....

Can someone tell me why the Yankees/A's game isn't being aired tonight on the MLB Extra Innings package? (Oh and for those that don't know there is a free preview of it for I think the first 2 weeks of the season)

I'm getting it just fine, and I have the same package. Maybe the free preview is only for certain games.

They also apparently consider Columbus local to Pittsburgh, because I can't get Pirates games out here for whatever reason.

MLB considers Sacramento "local" to the Bay Area so they blackout the A's and Giants.

I thought they only blacked them out if they were otherwise airing them on a local affiliate....am I wrong? I mean I don't even see it listed as one of the games on my guide. It would be one thing if it was listed, and when I tried to turn it on it gave me the blackout msg, but it's not even there on the guide :(

I got home just in time to watch Wagner remind us of the '05 Mets, and now Giambi's making accurate throws to second starting a DP. Ugh.

At least I go to see the Cubs lose earlier.

MLB considers Sacramento "local" to the Bay Area so they blackout the A's and Giants.

I get the same thing for any and all Marlins and D+ Rays games on the extra innings.

Well well well, Jonathan Papelbon is closing tonight.

That was a damn short leash.

Yup. Its about time Francona started thinking with his head and not his heart. I just wonder how long until we see Craig Hansen come up.

Nice to see that the Messiah's error on a sure double play ball has cost the Yankees 3 runs here. It would be worse if not for Matsui and A-Rod making nice defensive plays following his snafu.

Looks like their might be another twenty runs scored between the Braves and Dodgers tonight. Both teams have done well showing off their strengths and glaring weaknesses in this series thus far.

Two scoreless innings of relief from Jarret Wright!

*faints*

It's against the A's so it almost doesn't count.

Imagine my shock when A-Rod whiffed with the go ahead run in scoring position. If it was 13-2 Yankees he would have nearly hit that shit out of the stadium though.