TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

NHL Thread

Patrick Lalime is having reconstructive surgery on left ACL. Too bad because this season wasn't good for him.

St. Louis, in another boneheaded move, are retiring Al MacInnis' number. Unfortunately, the opposing team is the Oilers and not the Flames.

Hey wow shocker.....Brian Marchment goes for another knee tonight. Detroit, being the non-fighting pansies comprised of old fogies and skill players that they are, probably won't do anything unless Shanahan does something.

Man do I miss McCarty, Kocur, Grimson and the like that they have had over the years. Otherwise good game of skill vs speed and grit. Even though I wouldn't be confident about Detroit winning it, I would like a Detroit/Calgary playoff series.

Why now!?!? Why when the BIGGEST GAME of the freaking season is tomorrow, King Henrik has to get hurt. Unless Jagr goes crazy tomorrow and has like six goals we are FUCKED with Weekes in net. This guy is a pussy who can't handle playing at MSG.

Guest NYankees

Didn't Weekes beat the Flyers in the first game after the olympics? There is a reason why they play the games on the rink and not on paper.

I could have played goalie in that game. The Rangers were on the power play the entire game and Weekes had to do nothing. Add in the fact Kaspar might not play tomorrow and we've now got Ozo playing watever he calls defense, and WE ARE FUCKED.

Yep, the Canucks are kind of fucked.

I just hope this break gives them a chance to get their shit together. The final 5 games are all must wins.

Marchment sucks. Can't wait until Leo, Rhettzky and Regehr v.2 are back, so we can push this relic back into the press-box.

Although they lost tonight, if Calgary wins against Phoenix and Minny, they can clinch a spot with a win in Vancouver on Saturday night.

Nice win for Detroit tonight. I was at the game and it was a hell of a time. Seeing a shootout live for the first time was great. Though they didn't really need it points wise, it is still good for them to beat a tough opponent in the Flames, shootout or not.

Zdeno Chara is out until the playoffs and may not play in the first round.

Source? Nothing I've found says that.

Alfredsson's out for tonight's game against the Thrashers.

Sportsnet said he was out until the playoffs, and RDS said he may not play in the 1st round.

Yep, the Canucks are kind of fucked.

I just hope this break gives them a chance to get their shit together. The final 5 games are all must wins.

That game was a fuckin pleasure to be at live. The guy 2 rows behind me took off his shirt during the 3rd and started dancing during a TV timeout.

Zdeno Chara is out until the playoffs and may not play in the first round.

Source? Nothing I've found says that.

Alfredsson's out for tonight's game against the Thrashers.

Sportsnet said he was out until the playoffs, and RDS said he may not play in the 1st round.

That's just speculation at this point. Nothing in the Ottawa media has even hinted at that, and they've been the first to run with doomsday scenarios lately (see: Hasek being done for the season, according to the Ottawa Sun).

Add Tyler Arnason (mild concussion) to the list of walking wounded in Ottawa.

I don't think I've ever seen this many key players out at the same time for one team. Hasek, Alfredsson, Havlat, Chara, Redden, Phillips, Fisher, Volchenkov for a few games, now possibly Arnason.

Fucking WEEKES cannot stop a rebound.

FUCK HIM.

edit: Ok, Jagr is cursed about this record breaking goal. He's had like 50 good chances tonight and the puck won't go in.

Nice win for Detroit tonight. I was at the game and it was a hell of a time. Seeing a shootout live for the first time was great. Though they didn't really need it points wise, it is still good for them to beat a tough opponent in the Flames, shootout or not.

Don't show up to 17th Ave, if the Flames face Detroit in the playoffs.

I remember when a huge group of people smashed a guys car badly, which had Tampa Bay flag on it, during one of the finals games. It was bad.

Ok I take it back, Weekes is the man!

What a fucking game! The crowd at MSG is going CRAZY, awesome atsmosphere.

edit: JESUS CHRIST JAGR IS ROBBED AGAIN!

edit2: Ok Weekes is unreal tonight! So is Esche!

edit3: BY FAR BEST GAME OF THE RANGER SEASON! WOW!

edit4: RANGERSSSSSSS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest NYankees

Mike are you going to admit that you were wrong last night? Aren't you happy that they play the game on the rink and not on paper. Weekes had an incredible save when the puck was turned over on the rangers powerplay in the 3rd.

Thomas was sparkling tonight, turning aside what felt like 65 shots (it was only 42).

I had the tsn feed and whoever was calling it brought up an excellent point. Thomas is definitely the back-up next year once Hannu gets healthy, leaving Razor as the odd man out. Why aren't they playing Raycroft? Sully was asked before the game and his rough quote was, "we're trying to win." Uh, Sully? Win what? The playoffs are long gone and it doesn't matter what goaltender plays in net since you insist on giving serious minutes to people whose defensive abilities make it seem like they have ADD. Put Razor in net to see if he can play his value back up, there is nothing else to lose.

Oh, and kudos to Murray for showing his leadership skills by drawing an additional two minute penalty while already in the box almost half-way through serving his penalty. No matter what, you can't skate into the goalie, even if he is slightly out of his crease. Moron.

Thomas was sparkling tonight, turning aside what felt like 65 shots (it was only 42).

I had the tsn feed and whoever was calling it brought up an excellent point. Thomas is definitely the back-up next year once Hannu gets healthy, leaving Razor as the odd man out. Why aren't they playing Raycroft? Sully was asked before the game and his rough quote was, "we're trying to win." Uh, Sully? Win what? The playoffs are long gone and it doesn't matter what goaltender plays in net since you insist on giving serious minutes to people whose defensive abilities make it seem like they have ADD. Put Razor in net to see if he can play his value back up, there is nothing else to lose.

Oh, and kudos to Murray for showing his leadership skills by drawing an additional two minute penalty while already in the box almost half-way through serving his penalty. No matter what, you can't skate into the goalie, even if he is slightly out of his crease. Moron.

I've wondered that as well, max ... I even posted a "WTF?" here about it. But everytime they put Razor in net, he gets shelled, and (a) gets pulled halfway through the game & (b) even further kills his value on the market.

And as much as I love both players, maybe Muzz is trying to fill the Boynton role of "overly emotional player, to the point that it hurts the team". With Boynton out, SOMEONE has to be detrimentally emotional.

So the Rangers made the playoffs for the first time this century. All it took was a work stoppage and a completely new business model. Woooo.

KingOfThe909 won't be posting tonight. He'll be wondering why the Ducks out shot the Kings 41-18 and how could the Ducks score 6-2?

I didn't get back until 2 or I would have. When O'Donnell beats Demitra to the puck, that's the sign of a team that's dead tired. The Kings were out of gas after dominating against Vancouver on Monday, which while understandable, isn't acceptable. I knew that the Ducks would out shoot the Kings, and I thought the Kings would lose in OT.

All it took was Jaromir Jagr deciding to give a flying fuck.

He was unreal last night. He had about twelve shots on goal and atleast 10 of them were good scoring chances. On a normal day he woulda had a four goal game.

Guest NYankees

Jagr only played one other season with the Rangers and that was the 2003-2004 season and he was traded over I believe. He only played like 30 games that season.

The Bruins have officially quit on Sully and are mathematically out of the playoffs.

Toronto needs a win at any cost to stay in the race for the playoffs.

This could get ugly.

Kings/Sharks is big, as both teams can't afford to lose, and the winner takes 8th, and in the case of the Kings, I think they could be tied for it. Not sure.