TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Downhome

OAO WrestleMania 22 thread - 4/2/06

I love how Trips is sitting there with his fur, helmet and throne full of skulls....holding a bottle of water. He needs to start using that huge Olaf hammer.

I can't believe people are hating on barbarian HHH and gangster Cena. It's so cool, everyone should get these entrances.

There is no such thing as a good "psycho" gimmick in wrestling.

You never saw Waylon Mercy.

Or heel Brian Pillman...

Or the original Mankind gimmick...

I love how Trips is sitting there with his fur, helmet and throne full of skulls....holding a bottle of water. He needs to start using that huge Olaf hammer.

I can't believe people are hating on barbarian HHH and gangster Cena. It's so cool, everyone should get these entrances.

Or heel Brian Pillman...

That wasn't a gimmick, that was Brian Pillman being Brian Pillman.

Or heel Brian Pillman...

Or the original Mankind gimmick...

Or Victoria. Or Mickie James.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees

Hunter's the lesser of two evils.

After all these years, this is the stupiest shit i've ever read.

Bullshit. Hunter is the better performer in every aspect at this point. Better in the ring, better on the mic. I don't like the guy, but I'd rather a guy go out there and bust his ass every week than watch a man who is CLEARLY half assing it every single week except for the occasional big show. There is no reason that Cena has to be as bad as he is on Raw every week. WHY? Why are his Raw matches so fucking bad every week? Wrestlemania showed that if he has to work, he can have a *** match. Why is every single match he has on Raw so fucking bad than?

And say what you want about Hunter's politics, and I can go on a day long rant about them. But I still don't know how what Cena did at the NYR PPV flies under the radar like it does. When he came out pouting rather than his usual dancing and making a fool of himself, I actually said to someone, "If I didn't think he was more professional than this, I'd swear he's sulking because he's losing the belt." and then when it came down to him and Carlito and Masters, I again said "Well, we must have immagined it" and than Vince came out and I'm like "Holy shit, he is losing, and he was sulking." That annoyed me almost as much as some of the things Hunter has done, because I know I'm not the only one who saw that, and I consider that to be a real lack of professionalism.

Good points. It's clear Triple H is the better worker than Cena, and that he cares about his craft. I'm not saying Cena doesn't care or try, but Triple H definitely puts the effort in each night, like him or not.

Remember when Cena debuted on Smackdown and took it to Kurt Angle? Remember how much everyone was talking about him after that match, comparing him to guys like Sting and Shawn Michaels? That's the Cena I want to see in the ring. That wrestler and his current character don't have to be mutually exclusive. Right now he's basically a watered down, more gimmicky version of Stone Cold.

Lets see. A guy you're going to be building the company around, or the future of company, a guy who draws a shitload of reaction, a guy who makes a lot of money in merchandise (yeah Hurricane did it too, whatever, i'm sure Cena sells more to than just kids), vs. a guy who killed Jericho's career, messed up Benoit ever making it to the Main Event scene, did the same to RVD, gets booked like he's a God, and because of him, there are no other top heels.

You said the lesser of two evils. You're telling me HHH is the lesser of two evils because Cena sulks? Because he's not good in the ring? HHH is overrated as fuck. He hasn't done shit in the ring in 5 years (other than facing great workers). You can't just ignore what HHH has done to prove a point. The company will need Cena to be the champ, more than it does HHH. Something good can come out of Cena being champ, or being in the main event scene. If HHH won, Cena is done. And Cena being done is HORRIBLE for the company. HHH winning does shit for the company. If you can't see that, I feel sorry for you.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
Lets see. A guy you're going to be building the company around, or the future of company, a guy who draws a shitload of reaction, a guy who makes a lot of money in merchandise (yeah Hurricane did it too, whatever, i'm sure Cena sells more to than just kids), vs. a guy who killed Jericho's career, messed up Benoit ever making it to the Main Event scene, did the same to RVD, gets booked like he's a God, and because of him, there are no other top heels.

If Cena is going to half ass it every week. if he's going to publically sulk after they DARE to ask him to drop the title in a reign where he has been a massive failure as babyface champion, than yes, I don't think they need him as champion, I don't think they need him as their big star, and I sure as shit don't think they need to shove him down the fans throats to the point where they are chanting "Fuck You Cena" while he's facing Triple fucking H, the biggest heel the company has had in the last ten years. Maybe I need to expand my horizons, but I have never heard anything like "Fuck You Cena" in any wrestling show I've seen. That goes so far beyond "I'm going to boo you because you're the bad guy" or "I'm going to boo you because I like other guy better" This, to me at least, indicated a very severe dislike for the character or possibly even (and I really hope not, because he seems like a great person) the man himself. Its not X-Pac heat, but it certainly isn't your typical reaction to wrestling in 2006. And I don't think its a good thing. I'm not getting the "We want to watch someone chase and eventually beat you" feel from "Fuck You Cena" I'm getting "we want this to end, end now, and we never want to see you again, and if you win, we're going to be legitimately angry." Something is not working. I know the "plan" is to build the company around Cena. But its not working, and the harder they try, the worse its getting. Its time to change the plan.

To add to Cena's Writer's point, saying HHH is the lesser of two evils just because Cena "sulked" in one match is so funny in it's stupidity. Do you REALLY think HHH is more professional? Let's see... Cena sulked but he dropped the belt nonetheless. HHH won't on his bad days. THAT is why Cena will always be the lesser of the two evils. But don't let that deter from your blind Cena hate.

You said the lesser of two evils. You're telling me HHH is the lesser of two evils because Cena sulks? Because he's not good in the ring? HHH is overrated as fuck. He hasn't done shit in the ring in 5 years (other than facing great workers). You can't just ignore what HHH has done to prove a point. The company will need Cena to be the champ, more than it does HHH. Something good can come out of Cena being champ, or being in the main event scene. If HHH won, Cena is done. And Cena being done is HORRIBLE for the company. HHH winning does shit for the company. If you can't see that, I feel sorry for you.

What exactly can come of John Cena with the title? A few more months of girls cheering for him and everyone else booing him out of the building? You want to ignore the crowd reaction last night because Triple H buried some of your favorite wrestlers? The WWE audience is tired of John Cena as champion and it isn't Triple H's fault, Vince McMahon is the person that allows himself to be manipulated by outside forces when it comes to determining future "stars". Wrestling fans haven't been given a reason to support any of the new talent the WWE keeps producing, so they turn to the older talent that they grew connected to during the boom years of '98-'01. Triple H was cheered more than Cena, Kurt Angle was cheered more than Randy Orton and Rey Mysterio, and Goldust was cheered more than just about anyone else on the show.

Turn him heel if you can't use him right as a face, but if you're taking the belt off of him, HHH is the last person who should have it.

There are reasons why there aren't many "future" stars in the WWE, and HHH is at the top of the list.

Turn him heel if you can't use him right as a face, but if you're taking the belt off of him, HHH is the last person who should have it.

There are reasons why there aren't many "future" stars in the WWE, and HHH is at the top of the list.

But...but... he is PROFESSIONAL! People cheer him over Cena! People really love that HHH!

Guest Human Highlight Reel

http://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/fightingchamp

Rey Mysterio is already set to make his first-ever World Heavyweight Championship defense this Friday night on SmackDown when he takes on the man he pinned to win the title at WrestleMania 22 – Randy Orton.

Oh hells no.

On the current topic, Cena should lose the title as soon as possible, but not to Triple H. Never to Triple H.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
To add to Cena's Writer's point, saying HHH is the lesser of two evils just because Cena "sulked" in one match is so funny in it's stupidity. Do you REALLY think HHH is more professional? Let's see... Cena sulked but he dropped the belt nonetheless.

What the fuck was he going to do? Escape through the crowd? Pull a Shawn?

It doesn't matter. He still dropped the belt. Now it is true that Cena's title change was last minute and he likely had no way out of it, but if it was HHH in Cena's shoes at NYR, what do you think would happen?

Guest Dam(o)nYankees

Hunter isnt ideal. I'd give it back to Edge. But that's not happening. I don't want Triple H to be world champion. I want whomever is facing John Cena right now to win it from him and hold it. The idea that they're going to keep the belt on him to spite the fans is absurd. There is a difference in building heat for a chase and legitimately pissing the fans off. They are pissing the fans off. And for what? Because Cena is "supposed" to be the future, and he's going to be the future God damnit!

Like I said, turn him heel. My claim was that he is the lesser of two evils...i'm not arguing whether or not he deserves to be champ. Thats moot. But to say hes worse than HHH? Come on.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/fightingchamp

Rey Mysterio is already set to make his first-ever World Heavyweight Championship defense this Friday night on SmackDown when he takes on the man he pinned to win the title at WrestleMania 22 – Randy Orton.

Oh hells no.

On the current topic, Cena should lose the title as soon as possible, but not to Triple H. Never to Triple H.

Wow, that could end up being a short title run. Longer than Kane's title run though so at least he has that going for him.

As for Cena, just turn him heel and get it over with. But a HHH title run? Again? Dear god no, I'd rather they give the belt to Chris Masters than Jesus Hearst Helmsley.

I'm not going to be surprised at all if HHH wins the title tonight. Then again, I thought he was taking it last night so maybe this is just me wanting to see the HHHaters boil over.

Guest Coffey

This thread is hilarious. Apparently, I'm one of the stupidest fucks Porter has ever encountered. Oh well, I'll try not to lose any sleep over it.

Cena needs to turn heel and drop the belt to RVD. I don't care about his lack of workrate, or moveset he's the only over face that isn't 40 something on RAW. Let RVD run with the belt for a few months, rework Cena's whole image/character and figure out what you're trying to do with the company. There are too many older guys at the top of the card and that's simply because everyone under 30 can't work and/or cut a promo so they all look limited compared to the guys that can do both.

The WWE needs a direction, and it's better to fumble around looking for it with anyone BUT HHH as champion, because he's counterproductive to longterm growth with the way he cuts down opponents both verbally and physically. I don't see how anyone could argue that burying Cena, and letting HHH be champ again would be a GOOD thing.

This thread is hilarious. Apparently, I'm one of the stupidest fucks Porter has ever encountered. Oh well, I'll try not to lose any sleep over it.

Not really. While I know you're a HHH fan, you're a REAL HHH fan. The others are just wanting him with the belt because they are fussy about Cena.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
Yeah.

Who the hell gives a damn about sulking? You're grasping for straws if thats one of your counter points.

No. We want to whine about Hunter being an asshole? Hunter being unprofessional? He sure as shit is. I'll never deny that. But don't try to say that Cena is some kind of professional. That was an absolute dick move from Cena. I don't know if he thought he was doing a good job a s champion, he wanted to fuck with the company, or he just wanted to try and ruin Edge's moment, or what, but how dare he take that out onto the stage. I may be overreacting. Probably am, but it drives me mad that after all those people put him over, Bradshaw, Jericho, Angle, Shawn, all of them came out without pouting, and he can't do the same for Edge?

Guest Coffey

I never noticed Cena doing that at NYR. Now I'll have to re-watch it to look for it. It's funny because last night at 'Mania I noticed how excited Masters looked when he came out. He really wanted to be there.