TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Downhome

OAO WrestleMania 22 thread - 4/2/06

I don't get why more of you can't give HHH a little more credit:

-He's jobbed to three different guys (Benoit, Batista, Cena), for three straight WrestleManias.

-All three of those jobs were clean.

-Two of them had him tapping out.

-All three of them were the main event on the show.

-In two of them he wasn't just jobbing, but he was also jobbing the title to the other guy, the first wold title for either of the two guys he jobbed the title two (if you don't count Benoit's WCW title "win").

-In the cases of Benoit and Batista, he never went on to be the one to finally defeat them for the title, jobbing to each of them a few more times after the WM show.

I know that he's not innocent of certain things, but few people that high up the card ever are.

He's been better over the last 3 years, but his jobs end up being really nothing when you think about it.

Benoit had his great Mania moment that will be remembered for years, but look where he's at now.

Batista's an injury prone guy that's 40 something.

Cena's been buried beyond believe during this feud, and him winning this match is not going to do anything for him.

None of these jobs hurt Triple H, but they sure as hell haven't helped anyone, besides Batista.

-He's jobbed to three different guys (Benoit, Batista, Cena), for three straight WrestleManias.

-In two of them he wasn't just jobbing, but he was also jobbing the title to the other guy, the first wold title for either of the two guys he jobbed the title two (if you don't count Benoit's WCW title "win").

-In the cases of Benoit and Batista, he never went on to be the one to finally defeat them for the title, jobbing to each of them a few more times after the WM show.

I know that he's not innocent of certain things, but few people that high up the card ever are.

I'll give HHH credit when he stops being the focal point of the WWE shows. Everything that happens on Raw revolves around what HHH is going to do next. You just know that no matter what Cena or Edge or Shawn Michaels or anyone else on Raw does, ultimately its all going to come back to HHH.

Take a look at the Undertaker for example: He rarely jobs but its ok because he is usually never the focus of the World Title picture on Smackdown. So he doesn't loom over like a dark cloud like HHH does on Raw.

I want to know what Triple H was thinking when he decided he was going to come out on that?

That looks like some shit the Boogeyman would do.

He was thinking "By the power of Greyskull, I am HHHe-Man!!"

Well I wont press the HHH issue other than say that I just don't get much of the hate. Years ago I complained just as much as the next guy, especially over that Jericho/Steph/HHH deal. At this time though, I think most are far too hard on him even after his doing some good. He has a place in WWE right now, and one of the main reasons that I say that is because HHH is one of the last remaining pieces of the old guard (Austin, Rocky, etc...). I still think that he has a few more title reigns in him, as well as more solid feuds with even more good matches. Not to mention that, like him or not, he is pretty much the top heel in the entire company, and many fans actually cheer for the guy. WWE would be foolish not to use him, including in the title hunt. He hasn't even been in the title hunt hardly for the past year, and he hasn't held a title in that entire year.

It all comes down to the fact that if HHH didn't want to job to anyone, and if he didn't want to go without a title, he wouldn't have to, but he has allowed it to be. That's got to count for something, but like always, that might just be me.

I don't get why they didn't do these entrances last year when the theme was Hollywood films. It would've made a hell of a lot more sense to do it back then.

I don't get why they didn't do these entrances last year when the theme was Hollywood films. It would've made a hell of a lot more sense to do it back then.

Angle and Orton got screwed, Rey got the live music with the crazy tribal gear, HHH played Conan/Thor and Cena got to be Capone. Orton and Angle just came out to their usual stuff.

Problem is, out of all those guys, Orton and Angle have the most straightforward personas. Maybe Angle could've had some big US patriotic display entrance or something (like Apollo Creed in Rocky V but not as cheesy and without the music). Not sure what they could've done with Orton.

Problem is, out of all those guys, Orton and Angle have the most straightforward personas. Maybe Angle could've had some big US patriotic display entrance or something (like Apollo Creed in Rocky V but not as cheesy and without the music). Not sure what they could've done with Orton.

At least Angle had a sweet new singlet ;)

He could have had graveyard, with tombstones reading his victims and as he passes each one, they show a video in the background of him "killing" them...and as he reaches the end...he has two tombstones marked KURT ANGLE and MYSTERIO.

Cheesy but so was the other stuff.

Orton should have made his entrance while the Spirit Squad cheered him on.

I cant wait for the inevitable Orton/Doane face to face showdown.

"Hey, aren't you me?"

Guest Dam(o)nYankees

Orton should have made his entrance while the Spirit Squad cheered him on.

I cant wait for the inevitable Orton/Doane face to face showdown.

"Hey, aren't you me?"

Doane: Nah, I have charisma.

Guest Brian

I can't imagine Angle going all Uncle Sam and dancing.

Guest ken adams

You just answered your own question. HHHHHHHHH has been in the main event the last 3 WM's. Just like the previous post aboot Undertaker, everyone else gets their main event time, then they go to mid-card for a while, but not HHHHH.

We're tired of seeing of seeing him.

You just answered your own question. HHHHHHHHH has been in the main event the last 3 WM's. Just like the previous post aboot Undertaker, everyone else gets their main event time, then they go to mid-card for a while, but not HHHHH.

We're tired of seeing of seeing him.

People like you need to move on. To start with you bitched about him beating guys, then bitched about him winning the title, then bitched about him beating people at WM, and then when he goes three straight years jobbing to different people, helping them look golden just because of the fact that they are actually beating him, you then bitch about the fact that he's in the match to start with.

People like you wont stop complaining about him ever. If he retired and went away forever for some reason there would still be people bitching about HHH. You say certain things would make you happy, but nothing ever will. I don't blame Vince for not listening to the net fans most of the time.

HHH gets credit for Batista. That's it. The Cena thing isn't played out so you can't judge it either way, but HHH and his job did no favours to Benoit-as-champ and there is no way he deserves reprieve, let alone praise, for that.

So before you go beating HHH off for "taking one for the team" when he was plastered all over RAW tonight and didn't lose a single thing from that "loss", consider his history. At best, if you only consider 2 WM's and not the long line of burials and meaningless jobs HHH has done in the past, Cena has a 50/50 shot at not suffering a steep drop down the card after he loses the belt.

Seriously Downhome, we've been posting here for years, you don't learn a single fucking thing do you? God, you're in Coffey territory here.

Downhome doesn't seem to be able to grasp the point that the problem, in TRUTH (despite whatever fans claim), is never HHH wins, or HHH loses, or HHH does this... the problem is simply HHH. If he's winning at WM, losing at WM, burying somebody, or jobbing to somebody..................... the point is, it's HHH doing it, there, onscreen.

he's the austin/rock/hogan/flair of this run, no matter what he's always back there in the main event. I wonder what the attitude era was like for somebody who just despised Austin or Rock? Now many people know ;) He was definetly a huge part of why I tuned out for good (but not the only part). Reading posts about the WWE on the board is infinetly more entertaining than RAW those last few years was.

So what if he jobbed? If he looks as good after as he does before, it does shit. The only guy he's ever made look "golden" was Batista. Benoit? Psh, Trips was the main event even with Benoit as champion. His Shawn Michaels feud took priority over the title. Cena? Yeah, making him look like a chump beforehand and afterwards really helps him out.

Jobbing means nothing if it doesn't effect him. It's boring to have HHH constantly part of the main event of Wrestlemania (which he has been in the last 3 years...not just the title match, but the main event). It's superficial jobbing, because it's just surface. The booking never changes. The only reason why it was different with Batista was because Batista moved shows, so it could stay that way.

Guest Princess Leena

Good things about WM:

-Mickie James. Everything she did.

-The line of freaks.

-MITB, although weaker than last years'.

Offensive things:

-HBK with the 2nd longest, most boring beatdown of Vince since that god-awful beating of Ross by HHH on Raw like a year ago.

-Every mention of Eddie Guerrero, outside of the HOF thing... especially since it absolutely ruined a potentially fun Benoit-JBL match.

-Why do they treat Booker T like this? Boogeyman should never wrestle, and his character sucks anyway.

Everything else was forgettable and dull.

Guest ken adams

Don't lump me in with everyone else. I've only mentioned HHHHHHH being in the title picture & that's it.

It's ironic that you want me to move on, when it's HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH who won't move on, & oot of the title picture.

How will you know if people will bitch aboot if HHHHHHHHH "went away forever for some reason"? He NEVER goes away to give us a chance to miss him, he's been in 3 STRAIGHT WM MAIN EVENTS!!!

Vince doesn't have to listen to the net fans. Just don't cuntplain aboot low buy rates, low gate receipts for house shows & low employee moral.

If you want to give HHH credit, you give him credit for taking a break in 2005 and coming back with less screen time than he normally does (in HHH-land, that means "featured match, promo time, lengthy matches with gimmicks, announcers sucking you off... only less actual time on screen"... which is still an improvement and he deserves credit for recognizing that).

But this?

No way. HHH is still in the thick of it, he's on TV a ton, and tonight he should have let Edge spear him after the match and let Edge be the one leaving the ring at the end. Edge was a total goof in that match and that's not a good sign of things to come (though, the idea of putting Edge in this feud is a good one).

Offensive things:

-HBK with the 2nd longest, most boring beatdown of Vince since that god-awful beating of Ross by HHH on Raw like a year ago.

Oh come on, at least HBK had spots. Besides, the worst beatdown ever award goes to Evolution when they beat Foley down in 04. They just punched and kicked him for like 5-10 minutes, with maybe an RKO in there. Runner up is Bossman and Albert beating Tazz at NWO 2000.

Guest JRE

Angle and Orton got screwed, Rey got the live music with the crazy tribal gear, HHH played Conan/Thor and Cena got to be Capone. Orton and Angle just came out to their usual stuff.

Orton got his pyro back. And Kurt got that awesome circular firework display when he got in the ring.

To all the HHHaters, I just want to ask one question. What direction is the show going? As in, what long-term effect would make the show entertaining and watchable again?

I think the answer is RVD gets a climactic title win at ONS, leading into a solid face title reign. So in the interim, the goal is to lead as strong of a heel as possible into the show so that we believe that he might actually beat RVD. Since VKM has apparently decided that Cena will be a face until the end of time because he sells merchandise, that leaves us with HHH as the best option as heel champion.

If Edge faces RVD at ONS, no one on earth will give Edge a shot. It will be obvious and as such, a little anticlimactic. But if HHH destroys Cena and Edge, then there will be that little nagging doubt. What if HHH does beat RVD? And as such, we'll have an exciting beginning to RVD's reign giving him the best chance possible to succeed as top face.

In the best of all worlds, HHH and Cena would have pulled a double turn at Mania, and Cena would have cheated to win there before taking out Edge and HHH with the chain at Backlash, leading to a truly intriguing matchup at ONS, with "my favourite wrestler of all time John Cena" that hasn't lost even close to clean in two years facing "fan favorite that never quite got the job done" RVD. However, since Vince is too stubborn to allow that, I think the objective should be to build up HHH as strongly as possible. I mean the guy hasn't won a real feud in years. If we're really going to believe he's going to beat RVD, he needs some wins.

Hasn't that been the defense of HHH for YEARS now. "There's no other heels that can do it". Yeah, well, there's a reason for that.

Plus they HAD a hot heel in Edge, which clearly wasn't in their plans, but they bumped him in favour of, duh duh duh...