TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

2006: Year of The Upset

So far we've seen highly-favoured fighters like Frank Mir, Joe Stevenson, Takanori Gomi, Josh Burkman and Josh Thomson fall to relative unknowns/underdogs. I'd put Shogun on the list but that was a freak incident that I doubt we'll see repeated when we get the rematch.

So, if you're looking at all the fights we've got coming up this year, what upsets do you see taking place (if any)?

Would you care to place an avatar/member title bet on that?

How about a signature bet?

Who ever loses gets what the other person chooses to be in their sig for a month.

Sounds fair?

I really think Sylvia is going to be more focused this time, and give Arlovski alot of problems.

Arlovski isn't superman and has been defeated before(By fighters who Sylvia beat).

And I might not be posting on the forum the time of the Arlovski/Sylvia fight next weekend, because I'm going to be on vaction. Depend on if my uncle has a computer or not, if he doesn't and Arlovski wins, I'll change my sig when I come back(Which will be like 2 days after the fight).

Arlovski knocked Sylvia down standing and then subbed him. I can't really see a different outcome this time around. I was watching Tim's match against Gan McGee the other day from UFC 43 or 44 and Tim and Joe Rogan were all like "Bring on Fedor!"

Ahem.

Guest Brian

That's not an upset. That's Jesus turning the Red Sea into wine while Noah parts it to save a baby that's drowned so that they can bring it to life and cure it of leprosy. It's a major fucking miracle. There's absolutely no reason it should happen. They don't match up well at all stylistically. Sylvia is not a better fighter. Fucking stranger things can happen but there's some reason to the insanity.

Sylvia has power, and anybody can be caught. They don't match up well at all, but I can see it happening.

I'd give it about 10 to 1, in terms of odds. If I were betting, whatever the line was on Arlovski, as long as it was reasonable like +300 or something, I'd put money on it.