TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

ESPN sucks, so do thread closers

Guest Gym Class Fallout

Mike Tirico offers little; Screamin' A. offers less than little. I hope ESPN eases up its rules regarding the minimum of national programming so that affiliates don't have to carry these three hours. I know 1000 is going local in the 2 p.m. hour. I hope Milwaukee can do the same, or failing that, just pick up Cowherd, go national 6 to noon, then local from noon to 7.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I think Lebetard is great. I'd actually like to see him on the show more. I was thinking of a possible scenario where he replaces Wilbon, but I guess you sort of need him there to play the straight man.

I agree, I have grown to like Lebatard. In fact I think I enjoy the show better with Lebatard w/ either Tony or Wilbon than when Tony and Wilbon are together.

So what`s Norman Chad been doing?

Wilbon called Vince Young a "young, egomaniacal punk" on PTI today, simply for daring to disagree with McNabb playing the race card. Classy, and couldn't be less accurate.

Actually it wasn't because he disagreed with McNabb. It was because he said "it's not my fight to fight". I didn't know what the hell his problem was, and he even later acknowledged that Young would really not know anything about what McNabb was talking about (since Young has been hyped up positively since entering the league and hasn't really seen the level of criticism that McNabb gets).

Maybe I'm crazy, but I think Lebetard is great. I'd actually like to see him on the show more. I was thinking of a possible scenario where he replaces Wilbon, but I guess you sort of need him there to play the straight man.

I agree, I have grown to like Lebatard. In fact I think I enjoy the show better with Lebatard w/ either Tony or Wilbon than when Tony and Wilbon are together.

So what`s Norman Chad been doing?

Poker 24/7.

Wilbon called Vince Young a "young, egomaniacal punk" on PTI today, simply for daring to disagree with McNabb playing the race card. Classy, and couldn't be less accurate.

Actually it wasn't because he disagreed with McNabb. It was because he said "it's not my fight to fight". I didn't know what the hell his problem was, and he even later acknowledged that Young would really not know anything about what McNabb was talking about (since Young has been hyped up positively since entering the league and hasn't really seen the level of criticism that McNabb gets).

Yeah, I finally saw the segment last night. I thought Vince Young handled himself extremely well. He seemed to understand that it wasn't his place to get mixed up this garbage. I applaud him.

Wilbon, on the other hand... quit playing the damn race card.

Guest Gym Class Fallout

That's dismaying, because I generally like Wilbon, and I think McNabb is being a dope here. By the way, if he doesn't like it in Philly, he's always welcome back home.

Why did they take Boomer/TJ off of Primetime? I miss it being on at 7 pm. I know they have that Blitz thing but it's not the same.

ESPN doesn't have the Sunday night game anymore and Primetime was the lead-in to that. I guess when NBC got the game, they got the exclusive rights to do a highlights show hosted by a bunch of buffoons.

ESPN doesn't have the Sunday night game anymore and Primetime was the lead-in to that. I guess when NBC got the game, they got the exclusive rights to do a highlights show hosted by a bunch of buffoons.

Or as Tom Jackson would say, "retarded" buffoons.

There's gonna be another ESPN town hall meeting next week: The Vick Divide

And...IT'S ON!!!!!

Not exactly sure what they're trying to accomplish here. Vick fucked up. End of story.

EDIT: are you KIDDING me?? They (being the audience) are still trying to play the race card, the scapegoat card, the celebrity card to excuse Vick! He DID it. He did it. He did it. What more do you want? No conspiracy, no nothing. He did it.

Yeah, that crowd was something else. Someone should kill their pets. I mean, they booed the goddamn head of the Humane Society for so much as suggesting that this what Vick did was, y'know, wrong. And the question towards the end comparing Vick's offense to Belichick's got a lot more credit than it deserved. There's just no comparison between the two.

I know that it has become something of a cliche to bag on Stephen A. Smith, but his radio show is beyond horrible. It's not even because of what he says, it's how he does it. It's so loud and confrontational. I can't sit here at work and have it on. It's far too distracting. I just don't know what ESPN was thinking with this move.

I know that it has become something of a cliche to bag on Stephen A. Smith, but his radio show is beyond horrible. It's not even because of what he says, it's how he does it. It's so loud and confrontational. I can't sit here at work and have it on. It's far too distracting. I just don't know what ESPN was thinking with this move.

Agreed. No wonder they call him SCREAMIN' A. Smith.

I caught part of this today as well. WHAT UP DOG?! JUST CHILLIN' WITH MIKE.

Guest Gym Class Fallout

If you miss Dan Patrick, then urine luck!

Dan Patrick is set to return to radio on October 1, with a new show distributed by the Content Factory. The then-four-month-old Content Factory made headlines back in July when, shortly after announcing plans to leave ESPN Radio, Patrick joined the Jimmy de Castro-led company to develop a new nationally syndicated show.

Premiere Radio Networks will be providing ad sales and representation for the show, and de Castro, who serves as the Content Factory's Managing Partner, said, "Premiere is what their name implies, the best representation for Dan's program. Their track record with sponsorship of sports programming makes them the perfect choice for The Dan Patrick show."

Premiere Radio President Charlie Rahilly said, "We're looking forward to our partnership with the Content Factory and the new opportunity we have to best serve our national advertisers by offering them even greater audience."

The Dan Patrick Show, featuring interviews with leading sports figures, will air from 9 a.m.-noon ET, with Premiere providing satellite distribution. The Content Factory said it has plans to distribute the show across a number of media platforms including radio, television, the Internet, print, and mobile devices.

Not an ESPN complaint here, rather an NBC one: I'm really disappointed with how Football Night In America has been revamped. The staging is too convoluted now, by putting Costas and Olbermann at the desk and then sequestering the ex-jocks in some weird isolation chamber. And really, Olbermann shouldn't even be there at all. His whole "worst person" thing is lame, uncontroversial, and unfunny. He hasn't done sports in years, so really, this is tantamount to sticking Rush Limbaugh on Monday Night Countdown, just without the howls of disapproval because he's not a conservative windbag. NBC had the best football coverage of the four networks, and they squandered it all just to get more face time for their "next Edward R. Murrow," during the goddamn football pregame, of all places.

There's gonna be another ESPN town hall meeting next week: The Vick Divide

And...IT'S ON!!!!!

Not exactly sure what they're trying to accomplish here. Vick fucked up. End of story.

EDIT: are you KIDDING me?? They (being the audience) are still trying to play the race card, the scapegoat card, the celebrity card to excuse Vick! He DID it. He did it. He did it. What more do you want? No conspiracy, no nothing. He did it.

While that audience is consisting of mostly morons (on boths sides of the argument actually), they are from here and know about the obsene hypocracy and bullshit that comes from the Atlanta writers and alot of its people here. ESPECIALLY the writers. The way that Vick got such a strong fan base was about 30% morons and 30 percent that just liked the guy and the other 40% was people who rooted for him just to spite the redneckian contengent here in town and the sports writers and radio host.

Atlanta is home of the blatantly racist...well...everything. The black radio sports guys are blatantly racist against whites, the white radio guys are blatantly racist against blacks, the sports pages are full of the blatant racism. This city, "The city too busy to hate" is pretty goddamned hateful. And when you have so many people living in that melting pot of ignorance, you are going to have alot of people with a fucked up moral compass.

Most people with common sense were on the "Wait until the case is done to judge." thing with Vick. Well, he is guilty. The end.

To most of this country, it probably wasn't about race how this case was shown, but here, it sure the fuck was. And it didn't start with dog fighting. It didn't start with flipping off fans. It started when they drafted him and the people that live here have watched as they have pulled the "We need a white quarterback to succeed", "They should move vick to reciever and put Doug Johnson in" , "They should move Vick to reciever and put Shaub in". Its been annoying honestly, and its gotten to the point that people are willing to overlook anything to combat that line of thought that was put out there constantly since the guy became a QB.

When Vick grew his hair out, we had to hear Terrance Moore, before the season even started and coming off a 9-6 second round playoff year say something along the lines of "Vick seemed to have spent the offseason trying to look like your average thug instead of maintaining the look of a NFL QB." That is not shit that should be able to get pass a editor for someone that writes for the paper! But in Atlanta, it is a understood.

And I swear, I really am going to one day kill someone for using the term "race card". I really really am.

Am I the only person in the universe that's about ready to kill the next person on ESPN(or NFL network, too) who verbally fellates Brett Favre by saying that there's no way you can possibly hate him(fuck you, Berman)? I know the man's about to break Marino's TD record and the Packers are undefeated so far, but goddamn, this shit has just been too much these past couple of weeks as I can't watch *anything* on either network without them having to talk about Brett fucking Favre.

Not saying they shouldn't talk about it, but fuck, there's 31 other teams along with college football and the playoff chase in the MLB, so give it a fucking rest for a while.

Am I the only person in the universe that's about ready to kill the next person on ESPN(or NFL network, too) who verbally fellates Brett Favre by saying that there's no way you can possibly hate him(fuck you, Berman)? I know the man's about to break Marino's TD record and the Packers are undefeated so far, but goddamn, this shit has just been too much these past couple of weeks as I can't watch *anything* on either network without them having to talk about Brett fucking Favre.

Not to mention there is a great case that can be made that Favre is OVERRATED as a "great winner" since he only won the one time, and lost the second time and hasn't been back since. Jim Kelly has taken more teams to the Super Bowl than Farve did and Craig Morton has taken the same amount of teams to the Super Bowl as Farve has! Not to mention Jim Plunkett's 2-1 record and Joe Theismann's 1-1 record as well.

Oh sure he is a future HOFer, and certaintly I'll take him over all 4 of the QB's I mentioned (easily over Morton, Theismann and Plunkett, Kelly there can be a debate about), but to put him in the same conversation as one of the all-time greatest winners in sports history, let alone the NFL, as so many "pundits" tend to is overstating what Farve has accomplished in his career.

Not to mention that it is clear proof that in the media's eyes once you win A RING in the NFL you are "bulletproof" regardless of what came before or comes after winning your ring. So Peyton Manning and Ben Roethlisberger can never win another postseason game the rest of their careers will be listed among the great "winners" in NFL history just because of their one championship ring.