TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

ESPN sucks, so do thread closers

I don't watch much either but between ESPN, ESPN2, News, and Classic it takes up a pretty good run of the lineup.

At least Versus shows boxing now. And Friday Night Fights returns to Espn2 next week.

The only time of year I watch sports television enough to feel rage for a channel (football season), I always end up more pissed at Fox than ESPN. Then again, some mooks would rather see the CMI before the PFP but not until they've seen BDSSP. By the time this whirlwind of low-calorie sporting coverage has carried you into Sunday, it's time for...

... the NFL on FOX. (robots battle in space for a football-shaped Earth)

I'm glad I fallow an AFC team because I would lose it if I had to deal with Fox more than four times a year. The amount of unessacary graphics and sound effects is insanely irritating.

Didn't they pick Michigan to win the rose bowl? They made it seem like it was the national championship.

Didn't they pick Michigan to win the rose bowl? They made it seem like it was the national championship.

Michigan/OSU was treated as the national title game since it was basically locking up who was better of the two. I saw more "We don't want a re-match" from ESPN.

Another reason to hate ESPN is that they took forever to acknowledge the Feista Bowl tonight. Just because the game was on another network doesn't mean that the game never existed.

Thank god Bob Knight finally broke the record. ESPN's month long cross promotion of a forgone conclusion was just a bit much.

Guest Legalise Drugs and Murder

As much as I can't friggin' stand Bob Knight on any level, I do commend him for the following statement:

"What does breaking this record mean to you"?

*Eyeroll* "It means I've coached for a long time."

Another reason to hate ESPN is that they took forever to acknowledge the Feista Bowl tonight. Just because the game was on another network doesn't mean that the game never existed.

Well, the mothership had USC in The Big Game, so any coverage that might possibly undermine The Grandaddy Of Them All (or whatever the hell they were calling it) is just throwing money away.

It's incredible how far ESPN's credibility has fallen in the span of a calendar year. Seriously, you don't even have to go back to the broadcasts before the ABC/Disney merger (though that's a depressing exercise in itself); just examine their coverage from last year and you can see a marked dropoff in quality, even from that abysmal standard.

Did ESPN really hype up the Bob Knight record?

I'd figured they'd try to keep it as under the rug as possible since Dean Smith is so revered in the sports media, while Bob Knight... well, you know

Did ESPN really hype up the Bob Knight record?

I'd figured they'd try to keep it as under the rug as possible since Dean Smith is so revered in the sports media, while Bob Knight... well, you know

As soon as Knight started sniffing the record they did a complete 180 on him. The official line is that he's got a bad temper but is a demigod now.

Guest Legalise Drugs and Murder

They televise people playing Madden video games. What the fuck.

Guest Smues
ESPN's poll choices for "who should win the national championship if Florida beats Ohio State?" :

-BSU

-Florida

-USC

USC? Umm hi ESPN, Louisville and Wisconsin are ranked higher, and LSU if they win tonight.